About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-20, 06:11
Karly669 Karly669 is offline
Regular
 
Default Ever Wonder if it's YOU or the DRUGS??

Ok, heres a question for everyone. Most of you do drugs (duh)
Some do harder shit, some stick to one thing, everyone has there reasons.

Anyone ever get on a serious trip, not nessicarily psychedlic but just get really far gone, out of your head, at peace like, and ponder the question "are these feelings me or the drug"

I mean, ok, like on X. those feelings of tenderness, connection, we feel with others while on it. Is it simply the chemical, MAKING us feel something that otherwise wouldn't exist, OR is it the drug/chemical ALLOWING us to feel more, ENABLEING us to open new doors and pick up on emotions/feelings we normally either ignore, repress, or overlook??
Which do you think it?? Do you think that when you feel/think something totally profound, emotional, on certain types of drugs, be it X, K, or even really good grass, ect. Do you think it's like the drug enables a gateway to hidden emotions or simply creates a chemical reaction deep inside the brain triggering little neutrons telling us we're happy?? Are the things we see, hope, feel, and dream while in these states really there at all??
Curious to see reply's, I myself stand undecided on the topic as a whole.....

[This message has been edited by Karly669 (edited 11-20-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-11-20, 06:48
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ever Wonder if it's YOU or the DRUGS??

I think that drugs, whatever you choose to use, are something of a gateway. They invoke emotions and states of conciousness that you don't normally have, but the thoughts are your own. For example, just because something tastes sweet doesnt mean you'll like it, or perhaps a particual dish will bring back memories of eating at home with the folks when you were young, or whatever. The drugs just set the stage, your mind puts on the play.

-GreaterEvil
 #3 
Old 2002-11-20, 06:58
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ever Wonder if it's YOU or the DRUGS??

Most excellent, I agree
 #4 
Old 2002-11-20, 09:59
Dwaynhoover Dwaynhoover is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ever Wonder if it's YOU or the DRUGS??

It's all in your body and that feelings doing me crayze!!!But when you watch Tv, I had notice that all that F***** world are crayze...you know hole world
 #5 
Old 2002-11-20, 12:04
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Ever Wonder if it's YOU or the DRUGS??

I've thought about this, longer than most of you've been alive [sorry, I have to remind myself that I'm over-the-hill at least once a week ]

My thinking is along the lines of Evil.

That is, I think that the feeling are in you, the drugs only bringing them to the fore front [or amplifying them, if you'd rather].

Drugs can't make you feel something that's not within you in the first place.

This also means that they can't make you do something that you weren't otherwise inclined to do; they just ease your inhibitions.

Just like hypnotism; A hypnotist cannot make you do something against your will.


-------------

Backing up for a second, to the bit about drugs amplifying things.....

Back in my college days [which, despite my advanced years, were not during the Roaring 20's], I was always running into these R.Regean Jr. Wannabe Republican Anti-Drug asswipes.

They're catch phrase was "I don't need drugs, I get high off life."

Lord knows that got real old real quick, but I never had a good reply to it.

I finally decided to rectify that.

I was walking to school [an earlier DUI had my DL on suspension: can't get out of a .28 blood alcohol level, no matter how good your lawyer is; and mine wasn't] one morning, stoned [naturally; it's high school that I said I don't think you should do on drugs; it's all to do with the fact that you're still growing, not some moral/school thing: If you can handle school on drugs, go for it. But don't fool yourself: if you can't handle it, don't blow school; there's plenty of time after and school will get you the better job which will get you the better drugs: think about it ].

Digression alert: sorry.

Ok, I was walking, stoned, to school.

I looked up for a second [something I could still do in those days]. It was just in time to see this cat - that looked all sketched out in the first place - run right in front of this car. And...

Whack...

The car hits it...

Damndest thing: the f**ker just seemed to bounce off the tire [the point of contact] and, once it hit the ground again, it sped off the way it had come.

Needless to say, it was a very intense thing to watch; even more so stoned. That got me thinking...

I resumed my sojourn towards higher education [no, I won't apologize for the pun, not anymore ].

As I walked , thinking about what I had just witnessed, I noticed how I would notice little things; details that would just seem to stick out, that I wouldn't normally notice if I were normal [i.e.: not stoned. I never claimed to be normal in any other sense].

And the proverbial light came on over my head, and I had my answer for the next time someone gave me the 'High on life' bullsh*t.

Bet you were wondering how this tied in with the Ronnie Jr. thing, huh?

It wasn't long before I got a chance to try it out, and this time it wasn't me who was left with nothing to say.

I've had many a chance to use it over the years, though it has tapered off [finally] the past half decade or so.

Oh, what was it, you ask?

Ok, I'll tell, when someone tells me that they don't need drugs, because they get high off life, I tell them:

I like to like to listen to my records, but I find that it's much more enjoyable to use an amplifyer, than to put my ear next to the needle. And just like that, drugs amplify the way I experience life.

[Please keep in mind how long ago I came up with it: I guess you could substitute CD, for record, but it's not quite the same as you can't hear a CD any other way.]


[This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 11-20-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-11-20, 14:13
AKO AKO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ever Wonder if it's YOU or the DRUGS??

Ever wonder if the drugs dont do shit at all.... Like a placebo?
I have.... and its not, hehe.
In my limited drugs experience (Weed, alchohol)... I have always felt myself... But on really good weed highs, I sometimes feel more awake. And I notice the tiniest things and Its like the first time I actually see. In my normal state of mind, life is like a backdrop to my thoughts. But when im high life is movement.
I cant really explain it.... But I totally agree with Meta on how it amplifies everything.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-20, 19:15
Tazer Daddy Tazer Daddy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ever Wonder if it's YOU or the DRUGS??

i think that there is no right answer to this question. drugs is a relativaly loose term. legal drugs or illegal drugs? what is the difference? "legal drugs" are used to improve, fix, heal, or whatever. "illegeal drugs" are generaly spiritual and mind altering. why for the simple fact that the government doesn't like us doing anything that veers us away from there mind control.

however i feel that drugs only open you up to make you more acceptable or maybe even vulnerable to the feelings that you already have that are masked by the constant worry of being accepted or doing what you are supposed to do. people saying that drugs are mind altering and that they give us an allusion of what real life is like. i believe that drugs are mind restoring and they give us the capability of seeing things like they realy are are making us open enough to accept things as we see them not as we are told to see them.

reality is only a crutch for those who can not handle drugs.
 #8 
Old 2002-11-20, 19:18
Element80 Element80 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Ever Wonder if it's YOU or the DRUGS??

Drugs help you uncover things that are already there, they enable you to go to a spiritual place.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics