About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-20, 05:48
jtoastercamp jtoastercamp is offline
Regular
 
Default melitonin extraction

hey i was wandering how you could extract meletonin (sorry for the spelling) from the supplement that has 1 gram of m and 30 grams of calicum
 #2 
Old 2002-11-20, 06:50
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: melitonin extraction

doesn't meletonin inhibit aging? Or does it do something else too? Just curious as to what you want to extract it for.

-GreaterEvil

[This message has been edited by GreaterEvil (edited 11-20-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-11-20, 07:32
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: melitonin extraction

No. You're thinking of Evil. Evil inhibits aging.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-20, 08:17
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: melitonin extraction

Oh yea! muahahah! :P

-GreaterEvil
 #5 
Old 2002-11-20, 08:21
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: melitonin extraction

You're just some punk from Illanois. You suck.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-20, 08:25
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: melitonin extraction

actually I'm from bellingham, WA. Sherman Parks Illinois doesnt really exist, it's the town where all the John Hughs movies takes place (Breakfast clud, 16 candles, etc) so HA! hehe

-GreaterEvil
 #7 
Old 2002-11-20, 08:36
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: melitonin extraction

Who cares? Washington is even worse.
 #8 
Old 2002-11-20, 12:10
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: melitonin extraction

quote:
Originally posted by jtoastercamp:
(sorry for the spelling


If you [and all who 'apologize' for bad spelling] were really sorry, then you'd at least cut & paste into Word [or some other WP] and spell check.

It takes all of minutes [depending on length of post and badness of spelling].

Don't say something you don't mean, please.

Insincerity really bugs the f**k out of me.


Thank You.
 #9 
Old 2002-11-20, 23:32
Sicarius Sicarius is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: melitonin extraction

why the fuck would you want to extract melatonin? it doesn't do anything, except keep you on your normal sleep cycle. FOOL!
 #10 
Old 2002-11-20, 23:42
LawlessZyklon LawlessZyklon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: melitonin extraction

who the hell cares meta...
 #11 
Old 2002-11-21, 00:18
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: melitonin extraction

Bitchiest thread ever.
 #12 
Old 2002-11-21, 00:24
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: melitonin extraction

well what form is the calcium in for starters? And what does Lab Tips mean anyways?

Manipulating things -->Lab Tips
Eating things -->BLTC

If this forum needs another mod, I volunteer.
 #13 
Old 2002-11-21, 00:36
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: melitonin extraction

quote:
Originally posted by LawlessZyklon:
who the hell cares meta...


I do.

As I said, I don't like insincerity.

Why, do you have a problem with me having a problem?


 #14 
Old 2002-11-21, 00:40
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: melitonin extraction

quote:
Originally posted by tryptamine:
well what form is the calcium in for starters? And what does Lab Tips mean anyways?

Manipulating things -->Lab Tips
Eating things -->BLTC

If this forum needs another mod, I volunteer.



No lo comprendo.


Do you think we ain't keeping up?

Or is this one that finally shot over my head?

[This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 11-21-2002).]
 #15 
Old 2002-11-21, 00:51
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: melitonin extraction

Oh no not at all! I'm sorry Meta no offence intended. Now that I read it again it looks really bad.

I was just replying to the post and then I added my (un)official volunteer application at the end without thinking of context. Junglists resignation took me by suprise and I thought you might want a little help.
 #16 
Old 2002-11-21, 01:08
LawlessZyklon LawlessZyklon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: melitonin extraction

meta your mood swings are quite odd. more often than not you would have went off on me for saying something like that...
 #17 
Old 2002-11-21, 01:30
kronikus kronikus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: melitonin extraction

Yeah Bi-Polar disorder will do that to ya...
 #18 
Old 2002-11-21, 01:50
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: melitonin extraction

Took you by surprise!, I just read about Junglist.

I have 3 minutes to catch a bus: I will return to this in 2 hours when I get home.

 #19 
Old 2002-11-21, 21:21
skroat skroat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: melitonin extraction

You can get 3mg melatonins with no calcium.

220 of them for around ten bucks.

 #20 
Old 2002-11-21, 22:34
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: melitonin extraction

quote:
Originally posted by LawlessZyklon:
meta your mood swings are quite odd. more often than not you would have went off on me for saying something like that...


For saying what? [or should I say, which?]
 #21 
Old 2002-11-22, 03:04
phreejimmy phreejimmy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: melitonin extraction

I thought melatonin was OTC? Isn't it? How did I get some. Why would you need to extract it from something if you could just buy it at your local Rx place? And it doesn't even do anything other than help you sleep right?
 #22 
Old 2002-11-23, 06:38
skroat skroat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: melitonin extraction

I have no idea why anyone would want to extract it. It never even helped me sleep right. Nothing does though
 #23 
Old 2002-11-24, 22:58
ADeityDethroned ADeityDethroned is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: melitonin extraction

Melatonin does nothing but help a slightly disturbed sleep cycle. It has no drug-like effects in a noticeable manner. It's pointless to even ponder extracting melatonin, especially since it's just something you straight up swallow or chew. I'm sure there is one way or another to extract the melatonin, but it wouldn't fuck you up even slightly, and essentially wouldn't be worth it.
 #24 
Old 2002-11-25, 00:26
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: melitonin extraction

I think it's been established that melatonin is an easily attainable supplement with no recreational value. Extracting melatonin is therefore about as practical as extracting caffiene from Pepsi.

I'll now follow the current trends and kill it.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics