About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 1 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2002-11-20, 00:11
Kinky_Chronic_420 Kinky_Chronic_420 is offline
Regular
 
Default why you use drugs

[QUOTE]Originally posted by skroat:
They stop the voices in my head[/QUOTE
Well said skroat......well let me give you my other reasons, 1)its the fun 2) yea it lets me no more about myself, 3)its how i meet all or mosta my friends and other reasons but i'm high right now so i cant think of it, but anyway sorry for rambling on.
 #2 
Old 2002-11-20, 01:20
GhettoJ GhettoJ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

Weed- to chill out
coke-cuz it smells sooooooooooo good
 #3 
Old 2002-11-20, 01:55
RejectJC RejectJC is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

I only do weed.

I started it because everyone says `it feels good` well it does. But it also just relieves any worries i have and it just lets me think things through without worrying about nothing, and its SWEET!
 #4 
Old 2002-11-20, 02:31
living4fear living4fear is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

mostly stick to drinking and weed less chance of the shit being rigged up with funky ass shit like
coke-old baby powder
crystal meth- drano separateds the chemecals well
ecstasy-....any thing u can make look like a pill
one more thing buy home grown weed dont support terroists
 #5 
Old 2002-11-20, 18:16
40ozTOfreedom 40ozTOfreedom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

addiction.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-20, 19:01
Crispy311 Crispy311 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

Drugs are just another thing to do. I mean, it's like in the same category as goin' to a show, the movies, the mall, whatever. It's just like "Hey, ya wanna go to the movies?". I don't do it cause I think it's cool or I'm addicted, it's fun and lets you experience different things and experience things differently. Gettin' high or drunk with friends is just another thing to do while hangin' out. One of my favorite things to do is just get with a bunch of good friends, smoke some blunts and go off and do whatever else. Play Risk, watch movies, walk around, play video games, whatever. Smokin' bud makes just about anything you do a lot more fun.
As for anything else, I usually just do them cause I'm bored or just want time to go by faster.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-20, 21:15
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

good point crispy, there are other reasons for me but thats how it becomes a lot of the time. Its sort of like how you may spend $10 for a movie ticket and popcorn for entertainment, you may spend $10 for a dime bag. Its just something you do to occupy your time that is enjoyable.
 #8 
Old 2002-11-20, 21:52
Rezurrektur Rezurrektur is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

lol crispy i love getting stoned and playing risk... sadly i always play the nice guy and never take the chances to wipe ppl out hopeing theyll return the favor (they never do)
 #9 
Old 2002-11-20, 23:05
enigmaXesp enigmaXesp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

why not
 #10 
Old 2002-11-21, 01:39
40ozTOfreedom 40ozTOfreedom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

quote:
Originally posted by enigmaXesp:
why not


good question.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-21, 01:51
silencer silencer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

I like drugs because some of them can really open you up socially and help you to be the person you want if only for a short while.

Weed makes me crack up at nearly anything, so when I realize I've been taking life too seriously I like to smoke with some friends then go eat at a buffet.

I have an inherited tolerance for alcohol, and I have alcoholics on both sides of my family, so I'm cautious about how often I drink. Even so, alcohol would have to be my favorite drug besides methamphetamine.

A small amount of meth (taken orally) clears my head, calms me down, and allows me to concentrate on my surroundings and helps me talk to people rather than being lost in thought. Alcohol also does this for me to a lesser degree.

Tripping sucks ass. Both times I've tripped on morning glories the trip started out really nice then I started questioning everything and eventually ended up in an existential mire: Life has no purpose, reality isn't real. Not that I hadn't already thought about those things...tripping just fucks with your emotions. Fuck tripping...though I'll probably end up doing it again anyway.
 #12 
Old 2002-11-21, 03:12
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

I take drugs a lot more now because I realized a lot after doing shrooms every two weeks for a coupla months. And I am now out of highschjool, my parents think Im going, I have to get a job, I feel like shit all day long, and just can't do anything cuz I see no reason to! And I cant even imagine something, even impossible to afford I could have that wopuld make me happy!

So shit, its kinda stressful. So I like to relax and fall asleep in a calm state! Weed is my drug of choice BTW.
 #13 
Old 2002-11-21, 04:39
soma soma is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

It's all about whatever helps you get to sleep at night.
 #14 
Old 2002-11-21, 10:27
havokandwarre havokandwarre is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

I like to use weed to chill me out(I dont drink so Its my alchol substitute)
hallucinogens to explore my personallity and maybe learn sum nex shit about myself.
tobacco to ease the stress of life.
E when I want to open up and talk about my shit to people(I saw a therapist for a couple years but had problem trusting him and opening up about my life a few E's and I could speak my mind and it really helped me)
speed,pcp,coke to party and blow off sum steam
opiates to help me sleep the morning after
 #15 
Old 2002-11-21, 14:01
smokey_Mic_pot smokey_Mic_pot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

every body has different reasons mine is because i think every body sum times needs to stop and smoke sum ya know but i do it because i need a break frum reality (every day sum days more than others)
peace out!
 #16 
Old 2002-11-21, 22:53
NAAGAL NAAGAL is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

Its quite weird how I started
I used to be a goody 2 shoes and thought under-age drinking was wrong and I would never think of using drugs. Then one day I was at my friends house swimming and I told him how I found out my sisters friends did weed. He then told me, "Big deal man. I bet you we're gonna be doing all that shit soon"
For some STRANGE reason, afterwards, I just thought drugs were cool and ai wanted to do them. JUst like that. Strange, but I love the choice my mind made
 #17 
Old 2002-11-21, 23:36
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: why you use drugs

quote:
Originally posted by Rezurrektur:
lol crispy i love getting stoned and playing risk... sadly i always play the nice guy and never take the chances to wipe ppl out hopeing theyll return the favor (they never do)


I must be a closet fascist because I'm virtually unbeatable in Risk, one called Axis & Allies [don't know if it's still around - haven't played in a decade, though I miss it. Kinda like a Risk on steroids].I'm, in fact, virtually unbeatable in any war game I play [And that gave me my only C in Jr or High school damn the bitch].

As for why on drugs,

The best I heard and I can't recall where I heard it is:

I take drugs, not to escape life, but to keep life from escaping me.'


That's just beautiful

*Wipes tear from eye*
 #18 
Old 2002-11-24, 00:51
Hootie McBoobity Hootie McBoobity is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

I smoked a little weed in high school, mostly because I was fucking miserable, and the weed made me feel better. These days, I have a medical condition that I get vikes for. I take them for pain, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the mellowness that comes with it. Doc's pretty cool, and likes the fact I work out and stuff even with pain, so he refils my scripts whenever I call. Of course I don't overdo it, I probably go through about 50 vike ES every 6 months or so.

Also have ativan for anxiety attacks, but don't take that too often, and when I do, it's for the anxiety, and a small dose. If I take anything higher, I fall asleep before I can enjoy it.
 #19 
Old 2002-11-24, 15:07
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

I dont use drugs. Would you recomending me to start?
 #20 
Old 2002-11-24, 16:46
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: why you use drugs

quote:
Originally posted by gombowlzombie:
I dont use drugs. Would you recomending me to start?


Nobody can answer that but you.

There's too many factors that are unique to each individual.

Just do yourself a favor and be damn sure of you descision if it is to use.

Even more important make damn sure that you read up and learn as much as you can about whatever substance you plan to try - read shit from both sides of the issue. Because you can bet you ass that the real truth is somewhere between them.
 #21 
Old 2002-11-24, 16:48
BloodySyringe BloodySyringe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why you use drugs

I used to think drugs like mdma and meth brought me closer to reality (I thought I knew Everything when I did meth). Now... it just helps me to escape reality...

I always have reasons when I begin using a drug (Opiates for pain, Uppers for energy and motivation, Benzos to sleep, etc). After a while, I just do them because:
1) I have extra cash and nothing to do. lol.
2) Coming down is too depressing so I do more...
3) I can't stand being sober.

I try to do a variety of drugs rather than one particular substance to avoid addiction...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics