About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-18, 19:13
AvatarofPower AvatarofPower is offline
Regular
 
Default Acid Question

I've tripped a few times on mushrooms, but have yet to drop acid. I finally picked up three hits tonight and was wondering what my best course of action would be...

Should I drop all 3? Or drop one tonight and the other two sometime later?
 #2 
Old 2002-11-18, 19:18
adihash adihash is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid Question

drop 1 only honestly, you can drop 3 if you want (it won't kill you) but it may be a bit too overwhelming for your first time.

This also depends on how strong they are?
I usually go easy when trying new stuff or when buying form new people.

hehe but when you know the stuff is legit whats to stop you living in the clouds for a couple of weeks
 #3 
Old 2002-11-18, 20:20
beatmeofficer beatmeofficer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid Question

Were you able to maintain and stay comfortable on the shrooms? If you were okay on the mushrooms, then take all 3 hits of the 'cid. You'd rather the first time blows you into the next galaxy rather than being mild and familiar, right? Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess
 #4 
Old 2002-11-18, 20:48
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid Question

quote:
Originally posted by beatmeofficer:
You'd rather the first time blows you into the next galaxy rather than being mild and familiar, right? Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess


I couldn't have said it better.


{ I must second that}

[This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 11-19-2002).]
 #5 
Old 2002-11-18, 22:04
AvatarofPower AvatarofPower is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid Question

Yep.. darn right. I was able to handle myself quite well all the times I've chewed shrooms, so I decided to drop all three. I'll weigh in an hour or so to let you guys know if I got ripped off or not...
 #6 
Old 2002-11-19, 01:08
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid Question

If this is good cid you are going to be pretty fried, I would have advised taking just one, but wtf!!, hope you enjoy your trip!
 #7 
Old 2002-11-19, 01:19
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Acid Question

If you're sure you're comfortable with the shrooms,then I say take all three.

Here's my reasoning:

When I used to dose I had to take enough for really good visuals, otherwise it wasn't worth the pain it puts me through.

Three hits is the minimum I would do - and that is when hits were about 200 and no less than 150 mics each.

And if the acid of today is like that of the last few times I took it, then I assure you it ain't no 200 mics.

Even if it was if you've done the shrooms fine then 600 mics [3 times 200mics] wouldn't be so bad.

Even should the three start to become too much plant this thought in your mind [even before you take them, it can't hurt getting it in your head]: It Will Wear Off."

I'm certain three is ok.

Hell, I've done over 65 in one night [remember: these were 200 or even 250 mic hits]. You should have no problem.

[I don't have time right now, but do a search on acid post by me; there's a god one about first time do's and don't's]
 #8 
Old 2002-11-19, 03:18
AvatarofPower AvatarofPower is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid Question

Hmmm... an interesting evening, so far, to be sure.

I've been writing things down in my notebook as I thought them, so hopefully I'll have left myself a pretty coherent trail for tomorrow.
 #9 
Old 2002-11-19, 22:53
skroat skroat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid Question

Do them all!

You'll be fine.
 #10 
Old 2002-11-20, 00:02
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid Question

meta, I know words cant describe it but lets try to do the impossible anyways, what the hell was 65 hits like? Was it on accident or intentional?

Sorry I think I may have asked you this before.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-20, 21:03
AvatarofPower AvatarofPower is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid Question

Well... the three hits were actually pretty mild. It was interesting, to be sure, and I'm sure I'll do it again... but certainly not as mind-blowing as I expected. I think I got rather weak acid.

Definately worth my time and cash, though.
 #12 
Old 2002-11-20, 21:11
40ozTOfreedom 40ozTOfreedom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid Question

fuck i wish i had acid

 #13 
Old 2002-11-21, 21:06
skroat skroat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Acid Question

From my experience any more than ten hits doesn't really make the trip any harder just peak a hell of alot longer.
 #14 
Old 2002-11-21, 22:47
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Acid Question

quote:
Originally posted by grungymagician:
meta, I know words cant describe it but lets try to do the impossible anyways, what the hell was 65 hits like? Was it on accident or intentional?

Sorry I think I may have asked you this before.




Even though it was less than a month ago, I'l repost with no flame : consider it new administration amnesty

Skroat almost got it: it's once you take the intial dose, anything taken after only prolongs the trip

Here's your story, now go to bed after


-------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the risk of plagiarizing myself [I did a search and pulled up the original: I think I'll do that more often. With the length of my posts, repeating a past one can give one a cramp ;-), so why not be lazy? After all, it is still me and my story eh?
[I did edit it better this time, though...]

It was 65 hits, BTW. In the late 80's I had a friend who sold it by the sheet and he would come by often and dose any and all who wished it.
I was used to taking 4 to 6 hits of [what was said to be] about 150 to 200 mics; a couple of times as many as 10. [note: Yes, it was that strong].
There was this guy who always had to one up everyone on just about anything: If you could drink a quart of vodka in 15 minutes, he could do 1 1/2 in 10 - that type of thing. Naturally, it was the kinda thing that got under my skin � in those days, at least. I had to find something � do something, to shut his face up.
So one night a bunch of us was around, including him, when my 'hit' man friend popped by.
At some point the talk turned to acid and wild[est] trips, and such. I don't recall exactly how it got started but at some point he said that he had taken, oh something like 20 hits, which isn't unreasonable. But we all strongly doubted he did.
So my friend with the doses basically told him to put-up or shut up and he tore off a row [of 10 hits] for each of us.
I knew we were right about the dude when he hesitated for quite a while before eating his row.
A couple hours later my friend tore off another row for anyone who wanted it.

I took it right off: I was going to out do the guy no matter what it took. [I knew I could take way more than I ever had since the initial dose determines the strength of the trip - anything later only adds to the duration. But the other guy didn't know that; you could tell by just looking at the apprehension on his face, but he didn't want to lose face in front of everyone - and on acid to boot]. A couple of others took a row, as did the bragger.
An hour later, another row.
And so it went. Dude quit after the third row; he was a total wreck: he was certain that he had taken an amount that would never wear off. What a laugh [I don't normally laugh at other's bad trips, but he really had that one coming].
Even after he quit I kept going: I wanted to be sure he saw how much more I did than him, so I wouldn't have to worry about him trying to weasel out of things somehow.
Me and this other guy [and the hit man] each had a total of about 65 hits each that night - it could have been more but he ran out [he didn't carry that much on him like that; just what he figured might be needed with a large margin for unexpected things. And this was even more unexpected than usual].
We were up most of the weekend. I couldn't tell you exactly how long, because about 15 hours into things I started drinking vodka and kool aid [I drank a lot back then; a minimum of a fifth of vodka a day].

At one point I found myself swigging the stuff straight from the bottle�.
Sometime later � it�s all still mixed up and blurry � I recall throwing up into the toilet [I was later told I was in there like that for over two hours]. It was a trip �sorry about the pun ;-) � that much I remember. See, the Kool aide I was mixing the vodka with earlier was my usual mix: Tropical Punch�.It was red [red] and I remember that I kept thinking I was vomiting blood � though it didn�t bother me. Neither did the vomiting itself, IIRC.

So, there it is. The story in all it�s updated and newly edited glory!




[This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 11-21-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics