|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-11-18, 15:20
|
Dexters 
Regular
|
|
|
|
DXM questions
OK, I wanna try some DXM and I just bought Robitussin(tm) ANTITUSSICUM. It says "Each 15 ml dose contains: Active ingridient: dextromethorphani hydrobromidum - 22,5 mg. And about 15-20 other ingridients wich I suppose are non-active ingridients. Will that be good and safe enough? How much should I take (My weight is 85kg and there is 100 ml in that bottle wich makes it about 150 mg DXM (if that ingridient is DXM)). Note that I have never done any drugs (except I got drunk once) and I want to go to school tomorrow (thats in about 11-12 hours). Are there any dangers? Will anyone be able to tell that I have used something?
|
|
#2
 2002-11-18, 16:12
|
Aternimus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
I would go on a long rant about how you should look it up yourself instead of asking us but I'm actually too irritable to rant...
Anyway, I need more info, what are the other ingredients?
|
|
#3
 2002-11-18, 16:17
|
Dexters 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
OK, I just figured out that I can only get to 1st plateau with this, since it is pretty weak. The other ingredients are (probably with bad spelling, since the leaflet is not english): glicerole, Na bezonate, Na carboximeticeluloze, likazyne 80/55, etanole (96% v/v) and a lot more. I don't think they are imprtant since the other ingredients are non-active ingridients.
|
|
#4
 2002-11-18, 17:00
|
Dexters 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
I drunk the whole bottle (wich should be about 1.7mg/kg) some time ago and it seems like I am feeling the first effects. I can't exactly tell what I feel.... It feels like I am VERY little drunk(like with a few glasses of wine or a bottle of beer).
|
|
#5
 2002-11-18, 18:06
|
Chunkmiester 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
Just a point, i think that your units are off Dexters. A whole bottle would not be 1.7mg/kg. Unless the liquid inside the bottle was measured in weights (kg). mg/kg is normally used to say- to get to platuea x you need to take Xmg of dxm per kilogram that you weight. From what i have learnt, through practice and research, this is a rough dxm dosage guide:
1st plat= 1.5-2.5 mg/kg 2nd plat= 2.6-6.5 mg/kg 3rd plat= 6.6-9.5 mg/kg 4th plat= 9.5+ mg/kg *Beware, you should work your way up the plateaus across several trips, you will not be ready for plateau 2 or above on your first trip and in the same fashion, on your second you might not be ready for plat 3 or more. Also, i don't know what the lethal dose of DXM is, but on my 5th dxm trip i took 9.5mg/kg and had a really trippy forth plat style trip- i had built up a little tolerance by then though*
To work out how much you should take- weigh yourself in kg. Then multiply this amount by a measurement in mg. Ie, I weight about 95kg (yeah i know, i'm chubby), if i wanted a mid 2nd platuea trip then i would multiply 95kg by 4.5mg, this means i would take around 427mg of DXM. Get it?
(Weight in Kg) X (Milligrams for trip)= (How much you should take in Mg)
Chunkmiester
|
|
#6
 2002-11-18, 18:19
|
Dexters 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
I know what mg/kg means and I think I said correctly. the whole bottle is 150mg DXM and I weight 85kg so 150 / 85 = ~1,7 I guess I just bought the wrong syrup, since the whole bottle should be more than 150mg DXM. I feel almoast no effects. Gotta try and get myself a better syrup next time.
-----------------------
ok, since I took 1.7 and felt almoast nothing I guess I will take 3.5-6 mg/kg next time. I just hope I can find such syrup. DARN! I just threw away pretty much money and got only the unpleasent effects.
{Yo, Dexters, see how I added your second post after this to this one, to make it just one post?
If you find that want to add something to what you just posted, could you please just go to the first post and edit it? Instead of making two seperate ones.
I assure you people here will be more favorably inclined to you if you do.
Thanx. - Metaphysicist}
{Thanx for the advice. I will do so in the future.}
[This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 11-19-2002).]
[This message has been edited by Dexters (edited 11-20-2002).]
|
|
#7
 2002-11-18, 22:07
|
SomeEverydayNobody 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
Research DOES pay, as you can clearly see!
|
|
#8
 2002-11-18, 23:07
|
runaway 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
Drink 2 bottles of "Simply Cough"
|
|
#9
 2002-11-18, 23:34
|
punkrawkerstonershit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
Buy Delsym(sp?) it is pure DXM the only other thing is an edible plastic for a time release affect. This mean you will be higher longer.
[This message has been edited by punkrawkerstonershit (edited 11-18-2002).]
|
|
#10
 2002-11-19, 03:34
|
Dexters 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
yes, but I am not sure if you can get all those things here. Well, wish me luck finding them.... when I get some more money. (I need to save as much as I can to repay a loan for computer. My daily budget is 2Ls. That is about 3.5-4 US$)
|
|
#11
 2002-11-19, 19:12
|
Impulses 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
DXM polystirex(Delsym) Will not get you higher longer. It will get you hungover longer(I don't really mind the hangover, but still) It also puts you at higher risk for brain damage because it stays in your system longer.
DXM Hbr (Robitussin) is a much better and safer high. It is seems more potent. I used 1000mg. of DXM polystirex found in Delsym, and the effects were disappointing and didn't compare with 700mg. of DXM Hbr.
Delsym might taste all tooty-fruity, but it is a lot thicker than Robitussin. If it is thicker it promotes nausea more readily and is harder to chug.
|
|
#12
 2002-11-20, 05:29
|
Dexters 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
Hmm.... actually there were some mild effects that time when I tried the drug. I went to sleep because I didn't feel any effects. But at night (when I was still awake) I saw something like a very mild, yellow, very slowly pulsating light. And that night I had one of the most beautiful dreams ever. I can't quite remember what they were like right now, but.... oh well....
|
|
#13
 2002-11-20, 05:55
|
Dion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
quote: *Beware, you should work your way up the plateaus across several trips, you will not be ready for plateau 2 or above on your first trip and in the same fashion, on your second you might not be ready for plat 3 or more.
I went to the third plateau my first time. It's ok to go so far as that your first time as long as you are mentally prepared. Needless to say I wasn't, and had some fucked up hallucinations and delusions. Besides that it was an alright trip besides the puking. I'll be making sure there's not more antihistamines in the cough syrup. That was a year ago, I was naive, ok? 
|
|
#14
 2002-11-20, 08:23
|
GreaterEvil 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
Not sure if anyoen else already said this, I only skimmed te replys, but there's a great list of DXM containing cough syrups that can be found here http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/otc/otc-dxm.html you prolly want the stuff with 30mg per dose. Though it will be a interesting and prolly somewhat fun trip, you will most likly puke (I have yet to beable to keep it all down, even in pill form) and have an adversion to cheery cough syrup for a while, heh. Anyways, I highly suggest you read this site and go for the brands that have ****. Have fun and be safe!
-GreaterEvil
|
|
#15
 2002-11-23, 11:50
|
Dexters 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
Hello everyone. I just bought some cough medicine called "dexofan". It looks like an equivalent to dexalone - the only active ingridient(sp?) is 30Mg DXM HBr per pill. I have 10 pills, that equals 300 mg or 3,5-3,6mg/kg so I guess I will take them all. BTW they cost me about $2 (US currency). Is that cheap or expensive (10 pills, 30 mg each).
Update: I am back from the trip. I bought another package and took a little less than 5mg/kg and I must say that I am pretty disappointed since I was expecting more than I experienced. But the story should be pretty interesting - I went to spend a night at my friends house since my mom were at home and his mom was not at his home that night. I went to his house and took some things with me (including the DXM). On my way there I released that I have enough money to buy another package. When I went there we started talking and I drew out the DXM packages and a calculator and started calculating how much I should take. I asked him if he wanted to try some too, but he refused. (he is pretty skeptical about drugs. Even ordinary drugs like tobacco or booze.) Well, it's his choice so I took the pills and left some over and started thinking how to take them. I thought I would crush them. So I did so. I started crushing them and in the end it looked like I was gonna try snuffing coke. I poured all that white shit in water and then suddently remembered that DXM was not water solulable but it was too late. OK, I just stirred that glass and started drinking the shit. OMG it tasted SO DISGUSTING!!!! I tried drinking some clean water, but it didn't help. I got some cheese and that helped get that taste down. I drank some more an ate some more cheese. I drank the whole glass and ate some more cheese. OK, that was done. Now I talked to my friend and after a few minutes I went to a shop and bought some juice and some food and went back. When I rang the doorbell my friend opened the door. And then he said "My mother just came". The DXM effects started to kick in that very moment. Good thing she didn't see the pills. Well, since his mother didn't know anything about me staying with my friend I had no other choice but to leave. I didn't want to go home, so I was trying to think where to go. I went to my other friend. On my way there it was pretty funny since I was dizzy but I could control the dizziness - I fI was walking normally, I was dizzy. If I was walking while looking down on my feet, I was more dizzy. If I was walking backwards I was very dizzy. If I closed my eyes it was like closing my eyes while on a rollercoaster. If I was looking up and then closed my eyes and pointed my head forwards again it felt like I was doing a salto with my head several times. But overall it was just like being drunk with 2 differences - I felt some itching at first and I could control my movements pretty well. Just a little bit less than like when sober. I broke my friends mug in a pretty funny way. I will try high 2nd / low 3rd plateau next time wich could be.... tomorrow?
[This message has been edited by Dexters (edited 11-23-2002).]
|
|
#16
 2002-11-24, 05:05
|
LawlessZyklon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
where are you getting these pills? 
|
|
#17
 2002-11-24, 05:09
|
LawlessZyklon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
nevermind, it's on the foreign market. judging by what you said, it's a good deal
|
|
#18
 2002-11-24, 05:17
|
silencer 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
Get an 8oz bottle of Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough: 711mg per bottle. You WILL trip balls  Worth trying, but DXM isn't something I'd do very often...using it just once a week makes you a lot stupider. In general I wouldn't do any dissociatives more than once a month...if at all. There's better ways to get high...
|
|
#19
 2002-11-24, 05:31
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Facedown in the shag rug.
|
|
Re: DXM questions
I'm thoroughly impressed. This must be the most mature DXM discussion I've seen in quite a while.
Dexters - You may simply be very resistant to the effects of DXM. It's a fickle drug, and only certain people react well to it. You may wish to try it again with a purer source and a better setting, but you may never have a glowing experience.
|
|
#20
 2002-11-24, 07:41
|
Dexters 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
I know that it shouldn't be used very often but I will try it so I can get a better high. Besides - I have no other ways to get high since I know no other legal things (except inhalents wich I won't do) and I don't know where to get some illict drugs. I will try 7,5 I guess.
|
|
#21
 2002-11-24, 09:01
|
Dion 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
Some say no more than twice a month. I use it as I would shrooms, or lsd. Very rarely. A few times a year.
|
|
#22
 2002-11-24, 17:24
|
Dexters 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
OK, I'm tripping right now. I took over 5,6mg/kg. My mom is a few meters behind me - she dpesn't know I am tripping. She doesn't know english but it is pretty hard to type since I am peaking now. I am listening to some orbital music on my earphones and.... well.... I will tell you abot it tomorrow after school. I can bet I typed total bullshit but I tried and the music is really good  I am in real trance now. Edit: One more thing I want to tell is - DXM is cool. It is the drug for me. WOW, This is cool! I suggest it. I am sti.l tripping btw. Edit: I will go and play some game now ok? Bye everyone! Drugs are cool!!!! [This message has been edited by Dexters (edited 11-24-2002).] [This message has been edited by Dexters (edited 11-24-2002).] {May I strongly suggest that those two edits are not proper topics in that telling everyone how high you are.}[Oh, and if you do a second edit, it is usually considered good form to get rid of the previous '[This message has been edited by...]' message. [This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 11-24-2002).]
|
|
#23
 2002-11-25, 04:56
|
Dexters 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
OK, I am sober now. I must say it was a pretty good experience. I took about 5,5 mg/kg yesterday. Later that night I felt some more euphoric(sp?) effects besides the alchocol effects. I wanted to be very nice and I was very nice. I wanted to be friends with even my worst enemies. I won't do DXM aome time now though. I won't have time to be high. Maybe I will try to go to the 3rd plateau after a month or two or three. After all it was a really good feeling. Thank you all for sharing your experiences and suggestions here. btw I posted a new post to seperate high from sober
[This message has been edited by Dexters (edited 11-25-2002).]
|
|
#24
 2002-11-25, 21:49
|
Impulses 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
I can't be around my parents on a 2nd plateau or higher. My speech becomes extremely slurred because my lips don't follow directions and my eyes turn blood red. I have to do around 850mg to get on a 3rd plateau. I weigh 125lbs. Thats without any tolerance. I did 700mg last night. It was a strong 2nd plateau. I was listeng to The Wall and I felt that I was spinning in circles at unbelievable rates. It was amazing.
[This message has been edited by Impulses (edited 11-25-2002).]
|
|
#25
 2002-11-26, 07:40
|
Dexters 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM questions
Well, before I got home my friend said that I should be careful saince my eyes are "glowing". But since that happens from playing computer a long time too, then it's ok I guess.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|