About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-17, 06:23
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Methadone

Can you get this from a doctor not just a f'n clinic? I dont mean for pain but for matenece? Like if i went and told my doc i have been addicted for about 2 years and i always seem to relapse with some form of opiate i can obtain could/would he write me a script to help me, this would also be after im detoxed not during withdrawal? Im not even sure if i want to do this (I really dont need a monkey to feed, and i know how addictive methadone can be compared to other opiates) but if it will help me not to fuck up again im for it. Now as you all know that isn't BS it's the truth, im not running a scam here. I seriously want to do whatever i can to get better! Im thinking im going to start going to NA when my detox is over. Seriously i cant afford to fuck up again, ill get booted from my house.
 #2 
Old 2002-11-17, 09:52
70up_up 70up_up is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Methadone

Don't do maintenance if you've only been using for two years. It means everyday for at least 6 months then you can get the week and then the month but then you're so hooked on it. Methadone is so hard to detox from that if you're having a hard time with heroin and keep going back, you'll surely never kick methadone. The clinics suck, it's a pain in the ass to travel and they make it so humiliating almost ALL people initially relapse. I wonder if that has to do with being treated like an animal who has no self control and having staff members who look at you like you're the filth of mankind/

Wait for buprenorphine to come out. It will get you through withdrawls and the couple of months after fine as well as the time you're so proud you kicked you just got go shoot a bundle. It has very minor withdrawls.

Anyway, if you want to do MM you can get methadone at almost every clinic, the government loves to hand out the most powerful and controlling opiate known man. It's a great way to keep track of recovering heroin addicts and control their appetitie. Check here for a clinifc in your area but I would try to find something else unless you really need to get off heroin urgently.

I know how hard it is though, it sucks! Good luck!
http://www.jointogether.org/sa/help/treatment/
 #3 
Old 2002-11-17, 12:21
Reverand Robb Reverand Robb is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Methadone

'
quote:
Originally posted by subvertpunk:
. Now as you all know that isn't BS it's the truth, im not running a scam here. I seriously want to do whatever i can to get better!



I know, and that's why I'm willing to help [Actually, I'm willing to help anyone get off opiates, regardless of why they were on them in the first place].

I share a lot with a certain senior member as far as non-medical use goes, though we seem to differ on certain key points or issues. I, too, am one who needs opiates just to be able to live even a semblance of a normal life. And because I can't seem to get into a good job anymore [discrimination against someone with a disability isn't legal, and it is on paper. In practice it's wide spread.

I'll bet someone is bound to come up here and try disagree and suggest that I can't find decent work because of me, my work habits and such. Then how come, before I could go out and with in 2 or 3 interviews I would have a job. I had always received good job performance reviews, and I have letters of recommendation from previous employers. Yet since, I've been on more interviews than I care to think about. I know many of the places were concerned that I was just trying to work long enough to go back on disability. It didn't even matter when I told them that I was already on permanent Social Security Disability. And that I wanted to get off and go back to work. No good.

So I've since had to work through temp agencies and other jobs that don't offer much more than a weekly paycheck [very weakly!]. In other words no benefits, in other words: no medical coverage.

I'm not one to sit down and just accept things. Even though 75% of my paycheck is used for it, I keep myself supplied with what I need [that left over 25% is still way better than living in pain].

I used to have a multitude of different people who I could get various opiates from [though I never ran across Oxy's. Funny thing, that]. I eventually realized that it was easier and, more importantly, much cheaper, to get over my society ingrained aversion to the H word. I've been using it for almost 10 years now. And I've proven wrong many things that are said about it and those who use it.

I will be the first to admit I am probably an exception, since most of the people I've met who use do fit various of the stereotypes. I have also met a few who are like myself. By that I mean, can be trusted, don't steal to support our habit, don't deal to kids [or anyone], are able to hold down steady jobs. In fact nobody who knows me would even suspect for a second that I use. My family thinks it's still different pills, though they 'know' that I buy them on the street. Funny, they're ok with that, but wouldn't be with the H, though there really is no significant difference.

Another myth I've dispelled? That all who use eventually turn to needles: Except for the first year or so, when I tried to snort it, I've smoked it, with no desire to ever use a needle. And I smoke only what I need to take care of the pain, which is why nobody would know: I don't look high [because I'm not. Nor have I had to do more and more because of tolerance: I've done the same amount a day for the past 7 or so years.

to get out of bed every day and be a productive member of society [even though that same society, on the whole, would rather see me stuck in my bed, in agonizing pain [so much pain I quite honestly may not even be alive now if I had to endure it all this time]. Society who, on the whole, would rather see me be a drain on the system, than see me be a productive member, if to be that productive member I have to do things that are generally frowned upon [to put it very mildly]

I only tell you all of this now so that you�ll know that I�m not bullshitting you; I know I don�t have many posts and the ones I do have been more of the smart-ass nature than anything of real help, and for that I sort of apologize.

Regarding the question about getting non-pain type methadone from anywhere besides a clinic: As of January this year there has been a pilot program that allows a regular Doctor to administer methadone to treat addiction [I don�t know if the buprenorphine stuff mentioned above is part of the same deal or is separate]. The Doctor just needs to go through a bit of training or something like that. When I first heard about it I laughed my ass off at the damn irony of it: I can�t seem to get methadone [which I�ve found works better on my pain than the H] from a Doctor for my pain, yet I could now go to one and get it if I claimed I was an addict. Ain�t that just a fu*king scream?

[The advice given above about methadone maintenance is right on the money, and you�d be well advised to listen to it and take it to heart before going down yet another road which is damn hard to return from.]

Like I said, I�m not for the use of opiates, let alone H for anything other than legit pain control, which is another reason I�ve not really posted about this before.

Subvertpunk: I�ve been following your �story� and have been meaning to offer some help.
In fact, I thought I had, but I can�t seem to find a thread were I did.

I have a lot of ways in which I can help, I think. Most of which don�t belong in such a public place. So if you are interested, please feel free and e-mail me. I only ask that you keep confidential anything you learn from me, no matter how unexpected or novel you might find it. I am just as knowledgeable on the subject of opiates as anyone here, even if I haven�t shown it. I can prove it in a second if you e-mail me [Sorry, I don�t mean to be cryptic].

{My bad, You did e-mail me: I was checking the wrong account. I'll go read itnow and get back to you}

quote:

Im thinking im going to start going to NA when my detox is over. Seriously i cant afford to fuck up again, ill get booted from my house.



NA may work for you, as it has for others. Personally I find it worse than AA in that it seems not much more than people who get up and try to out do each other on how low they had been and all that crap.


[This message has been edited by Reverand Robb (edited 11-17-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics