About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-14, 01:56
aquila aquila is offline
Regular
 
Default bloodshot = inexperienced?

After smoking my eyes get more red than my peers and requires me using eye drops all the time if i want to go out while stoned. At erowid they say its common among inexperienced users. Is this true? My friend whos been smoking heavily for 4-5 years has no change in color.

what about you guys? notice a change after time, ? or what.

just to hamper down a flame i feel coming up... i'm not concerned about people thinking i am inexperienced, i'm just wondering if smoking more will decrease te color change, along with my eye drop use... thanks,
 #2 
Old 2002-11-14, 02:14
UrMom UrMom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

yes, the blood shot eyes should go away with experince along with other side affects, but every one is different, so it might stay like that, but its doubtful
 #3 
Old 2002-11-14, 02:15
Mista Piccolo Mista Piccolo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

Smoking more has actually given me MORE color change. When I first started, my eyes were never ever ever red. They got glossy, but never red. Lately my friends have noticed my eyes getting "veiny". It could be a side affect of me always sleeping with my contacts in, or it couldn't. I don't know.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-14, 02:33
UrMom UrMom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

lol... i definitly think that having your contacts in all the time has something to do with it. The contact irritates your eye if it stays in for a lot longer that it is supposed to. Also, you might be smoking more regularly than you did when you started.
 #5 
Old 2002-11-14, 02:39
JCX JCX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

When I first started, my eyes didn't get red. When i looked in the mirror 5 minutes ago they were really bloodshot. (I'm stoned right now). Ive been smoking for almost 3 years now. So for me with more experience it means more redeye. And I don't even wear contacts. It also might depend on the strain too.
 #6 
Old 2002-11-14, 02:48
maxpower02903 maxpower02903 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

When i first started my eyes were fine but now they always get bloodshot.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-14, 03:05
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

well, my eyes have gotten better over time (wow, now they don't fucking bleed, they're just a hazy red.)

it could have to do with tolerance and reverse tolerance, but it's too fucking late to explain how i think this would effect it. (why am i still up?)
 #8 
Old 2002-11-14, 03:06
laerif laerif is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

if i quit for a few weeks when i start smoking agian people can always tell from my eyes but even just a few days after ive been smoking agian its gone. if anyone asks its 'the damn cold winter wind' or 'too much computer games' or someother nice bs story.
 #9 
Old 2002-11-14, 14:04
r0k r0k is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

my eyes are tricky it sometimes you wont be able to see any white sometimes they wont be bloodshot at all so i think its the strain
 #10 
Old 2002-11-14, 15:51
slimpyman slimpyman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

um my eyes dont get to red when i first started, now i think they get a little red, but goes away withtin a few mintues after im done smokin. they turn red i think from all the gravity hits, and hacking and coughing
 #11 
Old 2002-11-14, 18:56
Mista Piccolo Mista Piccolo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

URmom: Yeah you're probably right. I just wish I had some goddamn glasses to wear and rest my eyes of the contacts. But I have none!
 #12 
Old 2002-11-14, 19:12
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

same thing here. when i first started smoking my eyes got a little red. but now they get fire engine red after i smoke. but i'm smoking better shit.
 #13 
Old 2002-11-14, 21:14
Billowz Billowz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

It varies with the weed strain that i smoke, but usually now I smoke more often they get more red or not at all.
 #14 
Old 2002-11-14, 21:58
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

quote:
It could be a side affect of me always sleeping with my contacts in, or it couldn't


No, keep doing it, it'll be funny when they dry out your eyes, get stuck, and you have to go to the emergency room to get them out!

Note: Yes, thats happened to me, it was VERY painful.
 #15 
Old 2002-11-14, 22:44
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

I have been smoking for two and a half years and my eyes have never become red once.
 #16 
Old 2002-11-14, 23:37
Mista Piccolo Mista Piccolo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

Actually I think that happened to my friend about two weeks ago. Or maybe it was close to happening, and he had to get it fixed. His problem was that he NEVER took them out.

I really want glasses now. I want to see what it's like when I'm stoned and I take them off. I imagine it will be clearer, but I want to see for myself. Maybe if I didn't get messed up so much, I might be able to remember to take my contacts out once in a while. I'm going to have to go and find my broken glasses...damnit.

[This message has been edited by Mista Piccolo (edited 11-14-2002).]
 #17 
Old 2002-11-16, 00:19
illusion illusion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

I'v been smoking for around a year and a half and my eyes dont go red. But my friends eyes, who's been smoking for likes 3 years, go extremly bloodshot.
 #18 
Old 2002-11-16, 01:21
Rezurrektur Rezurrektur is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

hmm when i started (2 years ago) my eyes never got bloodshot but now they get like solid red

my freinds mom (whose 45ish) says that when she was a teen it did it a lot but now it doesnt at all


so theres 2 conflicting stories lmao

 #19 
Old 2002-11-16, 10:49
AKO AKO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

My eyes when i first started smoking.... about 3-4 years ago would go really red.... but now they rarely do.... sometimes they do, but like I said... rarely.
My friend who has only just started smoking reguarly a couple of months ago, his eyes go extremely red... and squinted, its so funny.
 #20 
Old 2002-11-16, 16:10
exist exist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

my eyes are always blood shot and always will be blood shot when im stoned, some people are just like that
 #21 
Old 2002-11-17, 01:01
Mallute Mallute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

I think it just varies from person to person.
 #22 
Old 2002-11-17, 02:34
aquila aquila is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: bloodshot = inexperienced?

seems that way, heh
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics