About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-07, 03:03
maxpower02903 maxpower02903 is offline
Regular
 
Default Menthol Cigarettes

Im not addicted to cigarettes or anything but i usually smoke a few when smoking reefer, drinking, or just trying to catch a quick buzz before class. I've had menthol cigarettes a few times and they taste sooo good. But i hear there worse for you than regular cigarettes and that they contain glass and other very bad things. Is any of this true. Also a friend told me putting a drop of Sweet Breath or equivilant "drop" breath freshner will give regular cigs a nice taste. Any truth behind this?
 #2 
Old 2002-11-07, 07:22
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

I'm not sure. I've heard a similar rumor about menthol though. supposedly it crystalizes your lungs and if you need a O2 mask, it could rupture your lungs. cloves arent good for you either (not that cigs are good for you in general) and make you lungs bleed. again, I have no hard evidance to back this up, this is all hearsay.

-GreaterEvil
 #3 
Old 2002-11-07, 11:39
modega modega is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

Hey, heres a little tip for you. Lace the entire cig in sweet breath, it will give you a nice buzz, and taste good. The green one is the best. I laced tobacco one time in it and let it dry, when I smoked it, I got a sudden bolt of energy and somewhat of a high. It just felt good and you feel like getting up and running around.

For those of you who thinks its bullshit, or too good to be true, just give it a shot. It may not work for everyone, but it made me feel pretty good, along with a few of my friends.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-07, 14:11
AKO AKO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

I heard that some brand of lites have fibre glass in them, and make your lungs bleed.
I didnt believe the person who told me.... but now that it seems not to be an isolated rumour to my area (UK).... i have more of an open mind....
 #5 
Old 2002-11-07, 16:36
syndicalist syndicalist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

There is no difference between menthol and regular cigarettes. Do you honestly believe that they 'crystalize' your lungs? Think about that. Why then do menthol smokers not get lung cancer earlier?
 #6 
Old 2002-11-07, 16:38
Regular
 
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

buy a tin of pink altoids, and stick some rolling papers in there. leave it for a while, and you get cinnamon skins... mmmm
 #7 
Old 2002-11-07, 17:35
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

they have an antiaphrodisiac in them, which is good or bad, depending on which we you look at things, i guess...
 #8 
Old 2002-11-07, 17:53
kingenrage kingenrage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

i heard they reduce sperm count
so does mountain dew.
 #9 
Old 2002-11-07, 19:14
cornzornoplat cornzornoplat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

dont smoke tobacco laced in sweetbreath its gay and it does nothing, Modega got made fun of by everyone for doing it repeatedly,and actually thinkin it got him high....its gay, and mountain dew doent lower sperm count the yellow 5 dye lowers it slihjtly ...but youd have to drink a fucking gallon of it
 #10 
Old 2002-11-07, 19:17
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

quote:
Originally posted by modega:
[B] when I smoked it, I got a sudden bolt of energy and somewhat of a high. It just felt good and you feel like getting up and running around.
B]

thats nicotine for ya.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-07, 23:25
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

it's the Newports that have fiber glass in them. i should know. Thats what I smoke. Sweet breath does nothing. That boost of energy was tobacco. If smoked enough if it makes you hyper.
 #12 
Old 2002-11-08, 01:47
GreaterEvil GreaterEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

I did a little research. I didn't find anything about crystals forming in your lungs, so that is prolly just BS, but it does say that Menthol cigarettes have never been officially sanctione by the FDA becuase no one knows exacty what the long term effects of smoking the monthol would be when combined with tobbacco. Also, the menthol seems to give off a higher amount of Carbon-Monoxide and other cancer causeing agents (three times as much infact), which is why more people get cancer from menthol cigs then normal ones. Oh, and the menthol also seems to play with you metabolism. For anyone who wants to check out my source, here it is. Google is fun! http://www.naaapi.org/documents/menthol_factsht.asp

-GreaterEvil
 #13 
Old 2002-11-08, 03:41
beatmeofficer beatmeofficer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

Some info about menthols from Snopes Urban Legends.
 #14 
Old 2002-11-08, 19:37
less than jake less than jake is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

i smoked one yesterday, it tasted good.
i dont smoke cigs though, well, i do SOMETIMES, but not regularly.
 #15 
Old 2002-11-12, 03:24
maxpower02903 maxpower02903 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

I know sweet breath wont do anything to make me buzzed or high but does it make the taste better?
 #16 
Old 2002-11-12, 19:37
Affect Affect is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

quote:
it's the Newports that have fiber glass in them. i should know. Thats what I smoke. Sweet breath does nothing. That boost of energy was tobacco. If smoked enough if it makes you hyper.


Absolute bullshit.
 #17 
Old 2002-11-12, 21:04
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

actually, most newports have fiber glass in them. all filtered cigarettes do.

and the "high" is a nicotine buzz.
 #18 
Old 2002-11-12, 22:26
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

Affect, I have been smoking Newports for three years and I did some reshearch before i started smoking. It says that Newports do have fiberglass in them. get your facts strait before you go on telling people that they are wrong.
 #19 
Old 2002-11-13, 18:11
Affect Affect is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

Once again, WRONG!

No cigarettes contain fiberglass. In the filter, or in the cigarette itself.

One of the most idiotic rumors ever started. I honestly can't believe that fuckups still believe that there is fiberglass in any cigarette.

quote:
Menthols are rumored to contain fiberglass. According to this canard, the evil cigarette companies secrete the substance in the product in an effort to better transmit that menthol sensation and nicotine kick by way of causing tiny cuts in the smoker's throat and mouth. This same rumor also attaches to smokeless (chewing) tobacco, especially to the Kodiak brand.

There's no fiberglass in cigarettes. Granted RJR did try using a fiberglass shell on its flopped smokeless cigarettes in 1994, but that part of the contraption wasn't ingested by the smoker -- it was more of a housing, if you will. Other than that, no fiberglass.



Dumbass.
 #20 
Old 2002-11-13, 19:26
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

smokeless cigarettes? i want some. that sounds like something in star trek.
 #21 
Old 2002-11-13, 19:37
Affect Affect is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

http://www.nicotrol.com/4_inhaler.asp
 #22 
Old 2002-11-13, 21:36
AKO AKO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

quote:
Originally posted by Affect:

One of the most idiotic rumors ever started. I honestly can't believe that fuckups still believe that there is fiberglass in any cigarette.



If you were told something, and you took it to be true because you had no reason to doubt it, and you were never told it was false. You'd be the fuck up. Fuck up
 #23 
Old 2002-11-13, 21:43
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

hm, that's not fiberglass? well, whups, then what is that shit in the filter then?

and... it's not smokeless cigarettes... it's smokeless tobacco... ie: chewing tobacco or "dip" (*edit-oh, those inhaler jons, nevermind...)

(also somewhat related: i swear hearing (from a news source) about how "packing" your cigarettes loosened the shit in the filters (what i thought was said to be fiberglass...) and was bad to be inhaled)

[This message has been edited by CRaZyAmishMaN (edited 11-13-2002).]
 #24 
Old 2002-11-13, 22:38
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

Affect I Am almost positive i am correct i know this because i heard a thing about it on the news and when u smoke newports they are very harsh on your throat. I think that fiberglass would hurt when smoked. Maybe you should not have the opinion that you are right. If I am wrong then I am sorry if I am sounding like an asshole.
 #25 
Old 2002-11-13, 23:18
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

glass fibers in cigarettes


hm, not fiberglass in filters.

Jim Kane, PRC Litter Coordinator, has learned about the slovenly habits of humans during his five years with the organization. "People think nothing of tossing cigarette butts out of the car, making this the most littered item in the world. Cigarette filters are made of cellulose acetate, not cotton, and can take decades to degrade. Tossed cigarettes are not only a blight on the landscape, but the residue in filters is harmful to wildlife and the environment, and littered butts cause numerous fires." . .
 #26 
Old 2002-11-14, 02:50
maxpower02903 maxpower02903 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

Ok Ok Ok.. But will sweet breath make a reg cigarette taste better (minty)?
 #27 
Old 2002-11-14, 03:01
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

i thought we figured this out...

yes, though it probably won't be good for you to be inhaling burning minty breath shit.
 #28 
Old 2002-11-14, 19:34
Affect Affect is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

quote:
Affect I Am almost positive i am correct i know this because i heard a thing about it on the news and when u smoke newports they are very harsh on your throat. I think that fiberglass would hurt when smoked. Maybe you should not have the opinion that you are right. If I am wrong then I am sorry if I am sounding like an asshole.


Guess what, moron. Fiberglass doesn't burn.
 #29 
Old 2002-11-14, 19:58
AKO AKO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

I didnt see him say it did.
But I can vouch that it hurts.
 #30 
Old 2002-11-15, 14:24
Affect Affect is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

"Smoking of fiberglass" infers burning.
 #31 
Old 2002-11-15, 19:48
AKO AKO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

hehehe. OK.
I see.
Yes your RIGHT. Your RIGHT about everything.
Is that what you wanted to hear?
 #32 
Old 2002-11-15, 22:56
skroat skroat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

menthols make me cough my ass off

i think i'm allergic
 #33 
Old 2002-11-17, 21:22
Regular
 
The land of milk and honey
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

All I have to say is that menthols are for Ladies. Men if you smoke a bitch stick, what does that make you?
 #34 
Old 2002-11-17, 22:41
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

Ok Affect, Let us all bow down to your whole 11 posts. Fiber glass has to burn how do you think that they melt it to get it into a certain shape? Does it just magicly appear into the shpe of a windsheild? Does the Fiber Glass Fairy do it? Listen if you don't know what you are talking about then don't answer. Also how old are you and how long have you been smoking?
 #35 
Old 2002-11-18, 13:50
Affect Affect is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

quote:
Originally posted by punkrawkerstonershit:
Ok Affect, Let us all bow down to your whole 11 posts. Fiber glass has to burn how do you think that they melt it to get it into a certain shape? Does it just magicly appear into the shpe of a windsheild? Does the Fiber Glass Fairy do it? Listen if you don't know what you are talking about then don't answer. Also how old are you and how long have you been smoking?


Do you think I honestly give a shit about post counts here? Does my post count reflect my actual knowledge? No, it doesn't.

fi�ber�glass ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fbr-gls)n.
A material consisting of extremely fine glass fibers, used in making various products, such as yarns, fabrics, insulators, and structural objects or parts. Also called spun glass.

If you are inhaling burnt fiberglass, you are inhaling melted glass fumes. Which I can guarantee to you isn't happening. By the way, fiberglass has never been used to create a windshield.

Menthol is added to cigarettes to make the smoke 'feel' cooler than it actually is. It isn't added to "tear your lungs" or any other devious reason.

Background: I'm 22. Been smoking since I was 15. Smoked Newports for about three years because of their high nicotine content.

Quit being fucking stupid.
 #36 
Old 2002-11-18, 18:57
adihash adihash is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

err smoking most things arn't good for you, I hate smoking cigs it is the most pointless minging, dirty habit.

Yet for some reason I can't stop thank you miss nicotine fairy. I'm sure the tobacco companies fill our cigs with alot more shit than we realise.

Powerful corporations generaly get away with things like that. MINGING BASTARDS
 #37 
Old 2002-11-18, 23:39
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

Ok Affect I got glass Fibers and Fiber glass mixed up i am sorry I am dyslexic(sp?)

{Dyslexics of the World: Untie!}

[This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 11-19-2002).]
 #38 
Old 2002-11-19, 00:14
420!Mr~ThC!420 420!Mr~ThC!420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

Cigs are fuckin gay... if u need a cig to "relax" try puffin a J and mellow down ez
 #39 
Old 2002-11-19, 18:21
ardene ardene is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

fuck u guys they u know why they add menthol to cigs? they say it for flavour but its noT!!!!!! ok menthol is in the hot cold rub shit. menthol irrates the skin or whatever sending more blood to the area to fix the problem. its work teh same way for sore throte, it irrates the area sending blood to fix the problem adn help heal the infection. so when you breath in the menthol it irattates the lungs sending alot more blood to the alveoli(spelling) and thus more nicatine can be abosorbed per puff. u can put menthol in you weed cause more thc will get abosbed to.

 #40 
Old 2002-11-19, 23:42
ballin on a budget ballin on a budget is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

thats an interesting theory,ardene.do you have any proof?im not doubting you,i am just really interested in spiking my tree with menthol...
 #41 
Old 2002-11-20, 14:01
AKO AKO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

quote:
Originally posted by ballin on a budget:
thats an interesting theory,ardene.do you have any proof?im not doubting you,i am just really interested in spiking my tree with menthol...


Same here.
It sounds reasonable.
 #42 
Old 2002-11-20, 14:02
Affect Affect is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Menthol Cigarettes

quote:
Originally posted by Affect:
Menthol is added to cigarettes to make the smoke 'feel' cooler than it actually is.




 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics