About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-06, 23:36
JoeRiot JoeRiot is offline
Regular
 
Default Catnip?

Okay, I know this sounds stupid, but is anyone positive if catnip has any effect at all on you when smoked? Because I have smoked it once before, and I had some relaxation and felt a litte happier than normal, but there was no coming up or down, it was just there after a few minutes. And I was hallucinating a tiny bit, but that could be from sleep deprivation.

[This message has been edited by JoeRiot (edited 11-06-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-11-06, 23:51
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Catnip?

I assure you that unless you have feline in you, it was all in your head [sorry 'bout the pun].
 #3 
Old 2002-11-07, 12:08
modega modega is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Catnip?

Actually, many people have done catnip before and have claimed to have gotten a high. Have you ever watched a cat after its eaten catnip? They go crazy. The same chemicals may affect people the same way. Many of my friends have claimed to have smoked catnip and said they felt a little funny. Now the high is nothing compared to marajuana or salvia (5x-15x) but if you are bored and have a cat, then have fun.

And meta, though you are very intelligent, I feel that you should have kept an open mind to this topic. There are a lot of things that can give people "highs" and who is to say that this isn't one?
 #4 
Old 2002-11-07, 13:55
AKO AKO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Catnip?

quote:
Originally posted by modega:
and who is to say that this isn't one?


Science and people who know its not one
 #5 
Old 2002-11-07, 22:16
Billowz Billowz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Catnip?

Before doing catnip, think to yourself, do you really need a buzz THAT bad? Would it kill you to be sober for a day or two?

And if you really need to get 'high' and you are bored, why not just buyy some good ol' MJ?
 #6 
Old 2002-11-08, 08:58
maddcow007 maddcow007 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Catnip?

You CAN catch a buzz by smoking a bowl of cat nip, if you smoke about 20 to 30 bowls (as absurd as it sounds, i have done it once in my youth) you can hallucinate...and i do mean HALLUCINATE, it makes a DXM trip look like a sugar high...
 #7 
Old 2002-11-08, 09:05
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Catnip?

maddcow are you being 100% serious?? I would love to try this! And lemme say I CAN AFFORD REAL DRUGS, and i use alot of drugs out there wich are considred hard drugs. But that doesnt mean that its not cool to experiment with other substances anymore. I would like to try catnip man, see what a cat feels and why he goes all crazy.

You say you have to smoke 20 to 30 bowls SHIT, is it harsh, if so is it worth it? And how do you get catnip like that i have only seen like lil mice with catnip in them, can you buy like a bag of catnip from the pet store? I would really like to more about what it did to you and how it effects you medically, or at least if it gave you some type of problems later on.
 #8 
Old 2002-11-09, 01:39
JoeRiot JoeRiot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Catnip?

You can buy it from a lot of places, or you can just grow your own plant. I was growing(not to smoke, that wasn't what I originally intended it for) a catnip plant and it started to wilt and die some, so I dried the leaves and put em in a bag for a while.

The smoke might be fairly harsh, but I smoke it out of a bong with ice cold water.

And I ran out of pot, and I can't reach my connection. It's dry here. Plus, why not try it?

And for one last thing...I'm not sure if any of you are aware of this, but the smoking banana peels thing will not work. This was a hoax pulled off by some culture jammers. http://www.sniggle.net/banana.php
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics