About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-02, 04:29
eze eze is offline
Regular
 
Default Getting n2o in australia

I have looked around various supermarkets and none of them stock n2o bulbs, a couple had co2, but no nitrous. Does anyone know where to get it? (apart from swiping the dentists cylinder )

I was thinking of getting a tank from a car that uses NOS and getting that filled up (where do they fill them anyway?)

 #2 
Old 2002-11-02, 04:42
Richy Richy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting n2o in australia

check the drug sites... you can get some nitrous from pressurised whipped cream containers....and nitrous is used by dentists as an anaesthetic. nick some, perhaps??? check the drug sites anyway...
 #3 
Old 2002-11-02, 05:02
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting n2o in australia

ive herd you shouldnt use autmotive nitrous or NOS, becuase it loaded with alot of other shit, not very pure.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-02, 06:42
beatmeofficer beatmeofficer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting n2o in australia

In automotive use, they add some sort of sulfur gas to prevent people from getting high off it.
 #5 
Old 2002-11-02, 09:31
eze eze is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting n2o in australia

yeah I just discovered the automotive grade gas has other shit added as well...

I know about the whipped cream cans but it's really hard to get a good load of it without getting a mouthful of cream
 #6 
Old 2002-11-02, 12:23
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Getting n2o in australia

Have you considered buying from a web based shop?

Or you could try a culinary specialty shop [kitchen supplies], or a place that specializes in cake making and other baking supplies [whatever that is called; and for all I know that could also be included in therealm of the culinary shop]. Or perhaps a restaurant supply shop.
 #7 
Old 2002-11-02, 18:05
Chunkmiester Chunkmiester is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting n2o in australia

For gods sake don't use automotive n2o. I've made that mistake before. A mate bought some and we though it would be fine. It wasn't. It felt like i was breathing with gravel in my lungs for 3 or 4 days. I heard that there was bromine in it, not sulphur, I could be wrong though.
Anyway- recently i have been getting my n2o from an organic new age bakers who make everything thereselves. I tell them that i make a lot of my own whipped cream and they never give me a second look. The ones that i get have "ISI" stamped on them- i know from personal experiance that these are safe and good to use- you will need a cracker though. If you simply pierce a canister and inhale you will get freeze burns all down your throat and in your lungs and you will probably die, if you don't die you will probably have to breath through a machine for the rest of your life.

I can't be sure how old you are but if you are 16 or less then you may have problems getting n2o- try looking to order canisters from the internet using postal orders or bankers drafts (or the australian equivalent).

Chunkmiester
 #8 
Old 2002-11-03, 01:18
eze eze is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting n2o in australia

Yeah, I am 16 but I buy alcohol and cigarettes without a hitch, I'll just say my mum likes making cakes or some shit.

I'll check around kitchen shops and party places and head shops and see what's around.

cheers
 #9 
Old 2002-11-03, 01:29
lookimacat lookimacat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting n2o in australia

it doesn't work,it just makes u happy
 #10 
Old 2002-11-04, 18:22
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Getting n2o in australia

Also, if you can't get or locate a cracker, you can do what me and my friends did before t here were such things as crackers.

We picked up an old seltzer [sp] bottle.

Not the glass factory charged ones like you see in slapstick [which is why I got my first one - only later did I realize it could be used for nitrous. Funny how life works sometimes, ain't it?], but one that has a place to use a CO2 cartridge to charge regular water.

The carts. are the same size and you just put a balloon over the spout.

It's not as efficient as a cracker, but it works quite well enough if you can't get one.
 #11 
Old 2002-11-05, 22:38
psycho0_1 psycho0_1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Getting n2o in australia

check out catering shops
 #12 
Old 2002-11-06, 01:08
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Getting n2o in australia

when was the cracker invented? when you first saw it did you say "man....why didn't i think of this?".
 #13 
Old 2002-11-06, 08:39
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Getting n2o in australia

quote:
Originally posted by Cobranaut:
when was the cracker invented? when you first saw it did you say "man....why didn't i think of this?".


Yes.

Not for the first time, nor will it have been the last.

What really bugs me is seeing something that I did have the idea for first.

For example, in 5th grade for a science project I was going to make a solar attic fan - I didn't, but I was going to .

A few years later, there they were - and still are damn it all!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics