About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-11-01, 14:02
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default My DXM tips

There seems to be a lot of people trying DXM recently, at school the entire table at lunch agreed to come over to my house last night and try it. It's really getting to be more popular and losing that "you drink cough syrup to get high" stigma. the thing is, a lot of people have never tripped before, don't know what to expect, don't realize that it will last many hours, don't realize that setting is important, etc.

Your state of mind is important before dosing on DXM. Don't even bother if you're looking to use it as an escape from boredom. I wouldn't adivise using it when their is a major conflict in your life, or if you have had a bad day. If you are worried about something, forget it. It will be more fun some other time.
Setting is also important. It lasts quite a while, and you will be very out of it, so you'll want to have someplace you can go. Preferably someplace where you feel at peace. Don't do it when you have to interact with sober people at all. However, I have had a trip in which I was talking to a friend, and we got into a really deep discussion, and ended up working out a lot of problems in her life. Sober people that understand that you're tripping on DXM, don't look down on you becuase "you drink cough syrup to get high", and preferably have tried it themselves are OK, but it's much better if they're the type of person that will get into a really deep discussion with you. On another note, sometimes I have been on DXM, walking around, and just wanted total strangers to know I was tripping.
If you are looking for a fun trip with fun visuals, you don't need to drink a whole 8 oz. bottle unless you have a tolerance. I wouldn't recomend anything over high second plateau (over about 7 mg/kg) to people that aren't looking for a spiritual or introspective trip. If you are looking to just "get fucked up and have fun" high first to low second plateau is probably best. (2.5-5 mg/kg)
DRINK CITRUS FRUIT JUICE!!! This really makes a huge difference in the trip, at least for me. I've heard grapefruit juice is better than orange juice, but orange juice really makes a noticable difference.
Music is important. If you like stuff like cradle of filth, mudvayne, nin, etc. you'll have to download something else. I like techno when i'm coming up, and right before I peak I like to listen to Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. It's the perfect song for me to listen to on DXM. That type of music sounds incredible on DXM, even of you don't like it sober. I also like to listen to the insturmental parts of metallica's songs, but I wouldn't recommend listening to the whole songs.
My personal favorite time to do DXM is when i've just had a day that I really enjoyed. It's a lot better if you've done something really fun, you may end up reliving it in your mind. Things with a lot of motion are fun to think about later on, I like to go out driving right before I dose. Satisfaction is a feeling that is definitly enhanced by DXM.
I hate mixing weed with DXM. You really don't need to mix anything with it. The only thing I think i'd ever mix with DMX would be nitrous.
 #2 
Old 2002-11-01, 16:01
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My DXM tips

DXM + Mushrooms is said to be awsome, but I wouldnt recomend it to soemone who doesnt have much experience tripping.
 #3 
Old 2002-11-01, 18:11
40ozTOfreedom 40ozTOfreedom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My DXM tips

when im high on dxm (3rd/4th plat) i hate music. i hate all sound, then again i hate silence more. maybe thats just me.
in normal dosage i prefer red hot chili peppers, and carrying on discussions.
 #4 
Old 2002-11-01, 19:21
Impulses Impulses is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My DXM tips

Me too, music becomes to confusing and it all seems like noise on a 3rd or 4th. I like to have the tv turned to a low volume. Background noise which doesn't become overly distorted but breaks the silence is perfect. I like to lay down and experiment with my altered state. Closing my eyes and imagining wonderful events then experiencing the emotions associated with the events.

On lower plateaus I like to listen to music, play video games, talk. Normal stuff to do when your high.

 #5 
Old 2002-11-01, 21:17
Billowz Billowz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My DXM tips

On an unrelated note; If went into a drug store to buy certain cough syrups i wouldn't have to be of age would I?

And doesn't this shit seriously fuck with your neurons?
 #6 
Old 2002-11-01, 22:56
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My DXM tips

No you wouldn't have to be any age, thought Im sure people would get suspicious if you tried to buy like 5 bottles! And I dont even know what you mean by asking if it messes up your neurons!
 #7 
Old 2002-11-02, 00:17
Feel_the_drugs Feel_the_drugs is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My DXM tips

quote:
Originally posted by Billowz:
[B}
And doesn't this shit seriously fuck with your neurons?[/B]

Do u mean neurotoxic? hm...NO.?
 #8 
Old 2002-11-02, 02:38
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: My DXM tips

It is neurotoxic, but so is alcohol.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics