About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-29, 14:38
ramairta00 ramairta00 is offline
Regular
 
Default oxycodone and migraines

how much oxycodone are u prescribed for migraines?
 #2 
Old 2002-10-29, 19:58
Chunkmiester Chunkmiester is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: oxycodone and migraines

Oxycodone? First off i never ever got any agonist opioids and i have been getting prescription drugs for migranes for the bulk of my life. Opiates for migranes? Sounds incredibly naive considering that Oxycodone is remarkably similar to oxycotin (a schedual 2 drug in the usa) which is said to be one of the most addictive drugs available.

I wouldn't go fishing for opiate scripts at a doctors surgery- may end up with you getting in the shit.

Chunkmiester
I may be incorrect but opiates/opioids for migranes? I know opiates are great pain relievers but thats plain stupid.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-29, 20:01
Impulses Impulses is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: oxycodone and migraines

My step-sister gets hydrocodone for migraines... not quite oxy, but it's still an opiate.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-29, 20:06
r0k r0k is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: oxycodone and migraines

chunkmeister oxycodone is oxycontin
 #5 
Old 2002-10-29, 20:33
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: oxycodone and migraines

i suffer from migraines . have my whole fuckn life erghhh they gay. Well anyways whenever i have been dosed up on OC, vics, or in the very begenning Darvocet i still got my migraines and had to take the appropriate medication for them. At least in my experince opiates dont fuckn help migraines. Now when i became a total dependednt fiend and i dosed every day my migraines didnt occur AS MUCH but they still came and i still had to take excedrin migraine.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-29, 20:43
Chunkmiester Chunkmiester is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: oxycodone and migraines

Ok then- i was incorrect to a point, its just in England at least all you ever get is antihistamines like pizotiffen and that has always worked for me, subvertpunk, maybe you could ask your doctor for it.

Chunkmiester
 #7 
Old 2002-11-05, 06:09
Annabelle Annabelle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: oxycodone and migraines

My neurologist has said that I have migraines because I vomit until I'm dehydrated with blurred vision and sometimes I black out because the pain is so severe. I have had alot of painful shit happen to me and nothing compares to the headaches I get. I have searched for over 3 years since my accident for a doctor to give me relief from my pain. I get a very limited amount of Darvocet. Oxycontin for migraines? That's just OBSURD!
 #8 
Old 2002-11-05, 13:26
dopeman420 dopeman420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: oxycodone and migraines

let's all think back to 1st grade, when they told you that a square is a rectangle, but not all rectangles are squares.

well, pills are like that, too. oxycontin is oxycodone, but oxycodone is not always oxycontin. oxycontin is a specific brand-name painkiller that contains a slow-release preparation of oxycodone. oxycodone is the opioid chemical itself, and it's also present in generic pills, endocet, and percocet with acetaminophen.

just thought i'd clarify.
 #9 
Old 2002-11-05, 22:33
psycho0_1 psycho0_1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: oxycodone and migraines

i get 20mg oxycodone for my migraines and take 4 of them. myu doc hasn't upped the dosage yet
 #10 
Old 2002-11-05, 23:23
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: oxycodone and migraines

Tension headaches. You want those, not migranes. That's what the codiene/butalbital pills I got a few weeks ago were prescribed for. I have a prescription for migranes, they gave me some kind of antihystamine that has NO recreational value.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics