About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-27, 21:57
Rezurrektur Rezurrektur is offline
Regular
 
Default lsd question

somone i know is telling me that lsd remainds in your spine or something and that it can be found out if youve done it by a spinal tap

i figured this was another myth, becasue totse says its almost all out of your system by the time the trips over

but i was looking for some hard fact to shoot him down with :P
 #2 
Old 2002-10-27, 22:00
Ratty Ratty is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: lsd question

i heard the same thing about any drug with a spinal tap and i (kinda) work in the medical proffesion. I can't confirm it but i think your friend i right
 #3 
Old 2002-10-27, 22:00
Rezurrektur Rezurrektur is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: lsd question

these were his exact words

"Acid on the other hand stays in your system forever because it drops acid on ur spinal chord i believe.. It can be detected at ANY time by a spinal tap. Thats why it is so much worse than any drug because it can leave you paralyzed

Also there is no way anyone took 60 doses of acid at one time and didnt fuckin die unless it was watered down completely because they would either be perma spun (*always illusional*), or posibly freak out into a suicidal type thing."
 #4 
Old 2002-10-27, 22:33
GOD_Burnsout GOD_Burnsout is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: lsd question

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=160
 #5 
Old 2002-10-27, 22:54
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: lsd question

your friend likes to believe two of the most popular acid myths.

easier one first-
a lot of LSD won't make you a straight-jacket wearing looney unless you have serious underlying mental disorders (and not everyone has serious underlying mental disorders...)

"predictions of the average lethal dose for humans have ranged from 0.2 mg/kg to more than 1 mg/kg, administered orally", say i take 60 hits containing 150ug (and wow, that'd be a blessing... any i can get probably have 30ug, not even worth buying) all that would happen is i have a very fun trip.

quote:
posibly freak out into a suicidal type thing

who said anything about suicide? that'd be the wrong set to take lsd in.
what happens during a bad trip is different for everone, and if you feel suicidal before taking lsd... well, you'd hopefully know not to take it.


quote:
Roy, Breakey et al., and Vardy and Kay have attempted to relate LSD use to
the onset and revelopment of a schizophrenia-like syndrome. A few comments
regarding this conceptual framework seem in order, before their findings
are discussed. The major factor here is that of choosing schizophrenia,
or in the Vardy and Kay study, schizophreniform disorders, as the
comparison group. There is an implication here that LSD psychoses are
comparable, phenomenologically, to schizophrenia-like disorders, and that
LSD can "cause" the development of such disorders. The multiplicity of
symptoms and syndromes described in the "adverse reaction" literature
should make it clear that LSD can cause a number of reactions that can last
for any amount of time--from minutes to, possibly, years. I believe what
is being studied here is the question of the potential role of LSD in
accelerating or precipitating the onset of an illness that was "programmed"
to develop ultimately in a particular individual--in a manner comparable
to the major physical or emotional stress that often precipitates a bona
fide myocardial infarction in an individual with advanced coronary
atheresclerosis. The stress did not _cause_ the heart disease; it was
only the stimulus that accelerated the inexorable process to manifest
illness.from here.


acid can't leave you paralyzed, where your friend found this i don't know. acid works in your BRAIN, not your spine.

hard facts; acid leaves quick.


holy shit, look at all the symtoms...

wow, too long.

[This message has been edited by CRaZyAmishMaN (edited 10-27-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-10-28, 01:33
dopeman420 dopeman420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: lsd question

a lot of people thought lsd stayed in your spine forever because people got flashbacks years afterward... flashbacks are psychological, and it's obviously NOT in your system forever, it's in you in such low concentration and in such a quickly metabolized molecule, that it's gone long before you stop tripping. LSD just starts the cascade of neurological events that lead to tripping.

bottom line: it's a myth.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-28, 01:42
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: lsd question

someone on this board did like 60(maybe more i forget the exact number) in one night. it's a really funny story actually.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-28, 02:35
Rezurrektur Rezurrektur is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: lsd question

twas meta... and theres a story?

*wants to hear the story*
 #9 
Old 2002-10-28, 19:13
ScrewThirdHeartbeat ScrewThirdHeartbeat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: lsd question

I want to hear the story of the 60 hit acid trip...
 #10 
Old 2002-10-28, 20:48
adihash adihash is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: lsd question

* wants to hear it too *
 #11 
Old 2002-10-28, 22:41
40ozTOfreedom 40ozTOfreedom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: lsd question

it does stay in your spine, but for drug testing it has become illegal to give spinal taps to test for long term use of lsd.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-29, 00:52
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: lsd question

quote:
Originally posted by 40ozTOfreedom:
it does stay in your spine, but for drug testing it has become illegal to give spinal taps to test for long term use of lsd.


Oh no it doesn't.


Doesn't


.


Doesn't

.

Doesn't
 #13 
Old 2002-10-29, 01:09
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: lsd question

quote:
Originally posted by adihash:
* wants to hear it too *


At the risk of plagiarizing myself [I did a search and pulled up the original: I think I'll do that more often. With the length of my posts, repeating a past one can give one a cramp ;-), so why not be lazy? After all, it is still me and my story eh?
[I did edit it better this time, though...]

It was 65 hits, BTW. In the late 80's I had a friend who sold it by the sheet and he would come by often and dose any and all who wished it.
I was used to taking 4 to 6 hits of [what was said to be] about 150 to 200 mics; a couple of times as many as 10. [note: Yes, it was that strong].
There was this guy who always had to one up everyone on just about anything: If you could drink a quart of vodka in 15 minutes, he could do 1 1/2 in 10 - that type of thing. Naturally, it was the kinda thing that got under my skin � in those days, at least. I had to find something � do something, to shut his face up.
So one night a bunch of us was around, including him, when my 'hit' man friend popped by.
At some point the talk turned to acid and wild[est] trips, and such. I don't recall exactly how it got started but at some point he said that he had taken, oh something like 20 hits, which isn't unreasonable. But we all strongly doubted he did.
So my friend with the doses basically told him to put-up or shut up and he tore off a row [of 10 hits] for each of us.
I knew we were right about the dude when he hesitated for quite a while before eating his row.
A couple hours later my friend tore off another row for anyone who wanted it.

I took it right off: I was going to out do the guy no matter what it took. [I knew I could take way more than I ever had since the initial dose determines the strength of the trip - anything later only adds to the duration. But the other guy didn't know that; you could tell by just looking at the apprehension on his face, but he didn't want to lose face in front of everyone - and on acid to boot]. A couple of others took a row, as did the bragger.
An hour later, another row.
And so it went. Dude quit after the third row; he was a total wreck: he was certain that he had taken an amount that would never wear off. What a laugh [I don't normally laugh at other's bad trips, but he really had that one coming].
Even after he quit I kept going: I wanted to be sure he saw how much more I did than him, so I wouldn't have to worry about him trying to weasel out of things somehow.
Me and this other guy [and the hit man] each had a total of about 65 hits each that night - it could have been more but he ran out [he didn't carry that much on him like that; just what he figured might be needed with a large margin for unexpected things. And this was even more unexpected than usual].
We were up most of the weekend. I couldn't tell you exactly how long, because about 15 hours into things I started drinking vodka and kool aid [I drank a lot back then; a minimum of a fifth of vodka a day].

At one point I found myself swigging the stuff straight from the bottle�.
Sometime later � it�s all still mixed up and blurry � I recall throwing up into the toilet [I was later told I was in there like that for over two hours]. It was a trip �sorry about the pun ;-) � that much I remember. See, the Kool aide I was mixing the vodka with earlier was my usual mix: Tropical Punch�.It was red [red] and I remember that I kept thinking I was vomiting blood � though it didn�t bother me. Neither did the vomiting itself, IIRC.

So, there it is. The story in all it�s updated and newly edited glory!

 #14 
Old 2002-10-29, 01:09
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: lsd question

Actually, I believe meta already told the story..try hitting the search button.
 #15 
Old 2002-10-29, 01:58
beatmeofficer beatmeofficer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: lsd question

A guy I know once did somewhere in excess of 50 hits. He and his friend were both on 4 hits when it happenned. Let's call them P and Q. P had a vial. P and Q had just finished smoking in a parking lot off the main drag of their shit town when they saw some guys they knew drive by. P and Q really wanted to catch up to these guys, and the guys really did not want to be caught. P&Q pursued the guys and they turned onto a side road. On this side road which was icy and had a 30 mph speed limit, P&Q had reached around 60 or 70 mph when flashing blue and red lights appeared behind them. P lost his shit. He knew that there was still smoke smell in the car and that the car owner Q still had weed in the car and that he was carrying a vial of acid. P&Q were both tripping pretty hard and P was sure they were going to jail. While Q took evasive manouvers and tried to lose the cop, P grabbed the vial out of his pocket and started emptying it into his mouth. The vial (a sweetbreath container) was mostly empty when P realized what a bad idea that was. He squirted out what was left onto the floor. Around this time Q managed to lose the cop in a really bad part of town. They made it back to Q's apartment and put in "Fear and Loathing." P was still feeling a little paranoid. Around the time Hunter S. Thompson said, "I knew it, you're a federal agent!" P snapped. He was convinced that the weed that Q has supplied was in some way tainted so as to mark him as a drug suspect. He thought the kool-aid they were drinking was to serve the same purpose. He thought that all of his friends were part of an "Operation Candy" (don't ask) task force to find drug dealers and that the night was an elaborate ruse to bring him in on narcotics charges. He said, "I think you and your roomates are federal agents." Q gave him a few xanaxes. P then demanded to be driven either to his home which was in a different jurisdiction or to a friend's house. Q finally agreed to return him to his friend's house. When P arrived he interrupted a movie and said something along the lines of, "Oh God, I'm freaking out. I need to watch CNN." At the time he thought that the Feds had tapped into the cable line and were broadcasting propaganda. Luckily P's friend is a fucking great guy and understood. P layed on the couch for a while and watched CNN to be sure that the cable wasn't tapped and being piped in off some sort of recording, because they can't really fake the news that well. After a while P got tired and went to sleep. He wasn't quite right for a few months. He tore apart his room at home looking for bugs and peaked out through the blinds in his window anytime he heard a car drive by.
 #16 
Old 2002-10-29, 16:42
AKO AKO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: lsd question

Wow.... thats funny hehe.
 #17 
Old 2002-10-29, 22:09
skroat skroat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: lsd question

I dropped a whole vile over the course of about 24 hours once.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics