About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-27, 20:20
Blurry Blurry is offline
Regular
 
Default Laced pot?

Uhg, ok

My 14 year old niece came to me crying, I guess some of her friends had her smoke some pot and she started freaking out. She said her throat/chest felt like they were are closing in, and she feels unbalanced/tired and bad cotton mouth.

I was wondering if it could have been laced with anything, since she told me she has smoked before without this sort of effect

I was wondering what this could be? Should I call her parents and get her to the doctors?
 #2 
Old 2002-10-27, 20:36
Billowz Billowz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Laced pot?

hah i don't think there's much to worry about, i think you pretty much just described being 'high'.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-27, 21:23
Rezurrektur Rezurrektur is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Laced pot?

if shes un experianced it might have just been some super chronic stuff.

lacing is a myth for the most part... why would people put extra shit on your drugs for free?
 #4 
Old 2002-10-27, 21:54
Ratty Ratty is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Laced pot?

yea, i have to agree- you don't get laced pot for free. i've known alot of people who had reactions like that the first few times they actually felt high. different people have different body chemitries, and with girls it can really mess with a delicate hormone balance.
i didn't get high like the first 10 times i got high, i've known dudes who have puked offa weed or passed out, it sometimes affects different people differently.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-27, 22:27
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Laced pot?

Yea, its normal. My cousins and I went to Holland and got some skunk, now they never smoked, and one of em was freakin out.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-27, 23:14
punkrawkerstonershit punkrawkerstonershit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Laced pot?

The same thing happened to me once on weed. It is called a panic attack.. You get all parnoid and then your throat just starts to close up. It is normal just tell her to calm down and it is just a side effect.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-28, 04:06
Blurry Blurry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Laced pot?

Thanks for the replies people, she is fine now. I figured it was just a bad trip or something, but I wanted to make sure.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-28, 05:49
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Laced pot?

Damn, that sounds like someone who shouldn't be smoking if they are getting panic attacks. I'd hate to see her trip.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-30, 07:56
illusion illusion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Laced pot?

Just sounds like a bad high.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-30, 15:55
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Laced pot?

Ide advise her not to smoke again!
 #11 
Old 2002-10-30, 19:13
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Laced pot?

quote:
Originally posted by Ratty:

i didn't get high like the first 10 times i got high,



i don't know what you've been smoking but pack another bowl for me.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-30, 20:13
Nosegoblin Nosegoblin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Laced pot?

ive had panic attacks on pot, its usually connected with having done something erratic like getting up too quick from a relaxed position, you lose balance, you get really worried and your not okay until you sit down and relax again. In my opinion it doesnt at all mean dont smoke it again because its more than likely not going to happen next time. I also dont think it bares any relevance to trippin, because ive never had any panick attacks on trips.
And usually when someone tells you they think their weed was laced its their way of getting out of trouble for trying a harder substance than weed.
 #13 
Old 2002-11-01, 03:26
kronikus kronikus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Laced pot?

I wish I could receive laced pot for the price of outdoor.
 #14 
Old 2002-11-01, 21:49
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Laced pot?

I had a panic attack a couple of times, and this was after having had smoked pot for years and years.

It was after my surgery. I had that halo bolted into my head. Four metal rods from that went down and were anchored to a full torso body cast I had.

When I smoked weed, though, I suddenly felt like the body cast was getting tighter and that I couldn't take in enough air to sustain life.

I felt like I had to get out of the body cast and looked for a way to bust it open. It wore off before I could find something to help get me out of it.

The same thing happened the two other times I tried smoking pot while I was in that body cast.

It's a good thing it I never got the body cast off: It would have killed me if I did.

I don't smoke much anymore.

Not because of that panic bit, but because I finally figured out that pot made my pain worse.

I thought that it was all because pot relaxed my muscles, thus not holding the bones of my spine together so much which caused the pain increase [this was backed up by the fact that speed reduces my pain, which I figured was due to it tightening the muscles which then held the bones together better].

I now realize that it doesn't actually make the pain worse so much as it makes me aware of it . Or, better put, it makes me focus on it.

I am normally able to sort of 'bury' a lot of my pain; I've learned to ignore it in a way. I mean it's always there, but somehow I've managed to learn to not notice it. I can't really explain it.

But pot has a way of making you focus intently on something, usually to the exclusion of most other things and for me that focus was my pain.
 #15 
Old 2002-11-03, 19:33
Guineabastardmf Guineabastardmf is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Laced pot?

You never know it could have been
But it might just have been to potent for her.Or has she only smoked a few times.She might of just had a bad buzz
When i 1st started smoking like the 2nd time i actually got high it really sucked
Instaed of feeling happy and relaxed like i had the time b4
I felt like i was going to die
I kept on thinking that i overdosed or something even though i knew you couldnt od on grass
My heart was beeeting to fast,i was really paranoid,i barely could breathe,i thought i swalloed by tongue
it really sucked i didnt smoke again for like 2 weeks then i tryed agin and i was fine
sht like that just happens if you were really upset,or worryed,that day you smoked
Its rare but happens i wouldnt get to worried about it if i were you
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics