About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-21, 05:33
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Dream exploration with over the counters.

I've got a big bottle of melatonin and am planning on getting some other chems precursors in the hopes of making my dreams more interesting. I haven't gone on a trip to "innerspace" in a while. I was thinking today I can get 5-htp tryptophan and god knows what else at most pharmacy's and health food stores. I'm thinking this is gonna be interesting. I'll try to keep you folks updated.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-21, 16:13
slimpyman slimpyman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

yea... i bought some melatonin and valerian root. i took like 4 capsules of valerian root, it doesnt say mg on it. and like 4 tablets of 3mg melatonin. they didnt do crap for me. what is valerian supposed to do? it didnt make me sleepy or anything? what about the melatonin
 #3 
Old 2002-10-21, 16:33
Nick63885 Nick63885 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

why dont you get off your ass a see Casino
 #4 
Old 2002-10-21, 17:27
DoobyDoobyDoo DoobyDoobyDoo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

wuts melatonin do??? I got lotsa that, could b interesting
 #5 
Old 2002-10-21, 20:44
antifreeze antifreeze is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

I beleive valerian turns into chemicals very similar/same as valum in your body. They usually don't put too much in store bought capsules. Check the dosage (i have to eat like 20-30 kava kava capsules to feel anything).
Melatonin has to be taken on a regiment for it to work, I beleive. Valerian is awsome if you get baked or even moderately high before taking it. Valerian alone isn't half bad either.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-21, 21:29
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

naw dude. i don't know what valerian root has in it but it isn't anything thats related to valium(diazepam).
 #7 
Old 2002-10-21, 21:50
teNsiOn heAd teNsiOn heAd is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

quote:
i have to eat like 20-30 kava kava capsules to feel anything


Out of curiosity... what is it you 'feel' exactly? Eating 20-or-so kava kava sounds kinda stupid... is it worth it? I vaguely flipped thru erowid, but what do you think of it?


[This message has been edited by teNsiOn heAd (edited 10-21-2002).]
 #8 
Old 2002-10-21, 22:06
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

that his liver was being hurt by the kava kava.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-22, 00:12
40ozTOfreedom 40ozTOfreedom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

kava kava is a hella waste of money. buy the root thats supose to be good. ive only done the capsuls, and they suck. i took 20 and i felt buzzed, and sleepy, then passed out.
the bottle is like 40 bucks too.
if u can steal a bottle then try it, if not fuck it. the high blows.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-22, 00:33
skroat skroat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

Melatonin gives me crazy dreams.

The ones I had when i was on the nicotine patch were crazier though.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-22, 00:39
skroat skroat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

You can get kava powder a health food stores for like 2 bucks an ounce. If you put it in the blender with some milk and then strain out the powder, you can get a little buzz from drinking the milk. It tastes like shit though


makes you feel a little bit numb
 #12 
Old 2002-10-22, 01:03
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

I did kava made straight from the root in New Zealand, the experience was great, a mild euphoria/body buzz and enhanced sociability, but it did take a toll on my liver.I have had troubles since, like extended hangovers and effects from drugs, but then again, I am not particularly kind to my liver, so it was probibly just another nail in the coffin.
The active ingredient in Valerian is Valerianic Acid, I'm not sure if it is chemically related to benzos but the effects are sure similar, I use Valerian to help be unwind when I can't get weed.
 #13 
Old 2002-12-05, 01:40
Adam The Gale Adam The Gale is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

YOu know what's funny about this riot didn't keep us updated!
 #14 
Old 2002-12-05, 01:47
Tchort Tchort is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

Dramamine at high doses gives me the craziest dreams. I remember my last one vividly:

chasing a shark in my backyard brandishing a garden ho with a horse saddle strapped around my back.

 #15 
Old 2002-12-05, 02:15
Poindexter Poindexter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

You're causing leshions in your brain.
 #16 
Old 2002-12-05, 03:35
GW GW is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

Ive taken Kava a few times. It's a very shitty drug. Never had valerian or tryptophan or anything like that. I like how kava turns your mouth numb though. Its also good because it tastes like dirt. I also read its very bad on you liver. If this is true how have the natives of wherever take it so long in such high doses. I would like to try valerian, but that doesnt sound that great either. I just have a really hard time enjoying that type of stuff. I like valium and other benzos.
 #17 
Old 2002-12-05, 03:40
Element80 Element80 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

Don't fucken do dramamine, it will kill your stupid ass. Instead of stealing it, steal some Robitussin Extra Strength, its great if you down the whole bottle and smoke some weed after about 30 minutes.
 #18 
Old 2002-12-05, 14:50
slimpyman slimpyman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

all i gotta say is the valerian root that i bought smelled like feet. the damb smell wouldnt come off my hands. but after you take like 1500 mg of valeria and 3 mg of melatonin for like 2 weeks, you start having crazy dreams. but btw, what does valeria do? i took like 10 capsules and didnt even feel a slight of the slightest difference in the world.
 #19 
Old 2002-12-05, 16:42
lpgeni lpgeni is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dream exploration with over the counters.

quote:
Originally posted by skroat:
Melatonin gives me crazy dreams.

The ones I had when i was on the nicotine patch were crazier though.



LOL! Talking about the placebo effect

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics