About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-20, 18:55
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Last night's trip

Last night I decided I was going to trip again on DXM, the setting was just so perfect for it. It was probably the best trip o've ever had. I had spent most of the day in Boston, with an old friend that I hadn't seen in forever, and i'd been on the subway for a large part of the day. Anyway, around midnight I took the DXM (enough for high second/low 3rd plateau), and the trip started about half an hour later. I was sitting in my battered old armchair with my g/f who was on E, looking out the window at the stars, listning to techno. The whole universe seemed perfect right at that moment. It was by far more intense than the feeling of everything being all right that I get on E. I got up to go to the bathroom, and the cat was laying there. I remember saying, "you don't know what you're missing, cat". I went back into my room and lay there on the bed with my g/f, in the dark, and I closed my eyes, and it was like the stars I had seen earlier were there, and they were somehow alive, and moving with the music. Each one of them seemed to be some sort of creative energy. My g/f says that I muttered "from nothing comes creation, and from creation comes beauty, and all beauty is one". The trip was still getting more intense, and I kept thinking back to the riding on the subway, and I remember the lights going by in the dark, from earlier on in the day, and I started to see the same type of lights going by me, and I felt as if I were flying through the darkness. I was tired, and the trip slowly faded into sleep, and I got up at about noon today. I have taken larger doses of DXM before, and never got the same intensity of effects. It was incredibly intense, and I would have to say that after this experience, DXM is now by far my favorite drug. Definitly not a last-resort drug, or a kiddy drug. It was one of the best experiences I have ever had.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-20, 20:06
Tao the fugitive Tao the fugitive is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Last night's trip

thanks for sharing that!!!
one minor issue... im living in england and drug slang does'nt cross the atlantic well...
what is dxm?

for my purposes that is not so important though....the experience is.....

i am more and more interested in drug induced epiphanys these days as there is a theory going around that they tickle the same part of the brain that is involved in the same overwhelming religious type of feeling that is reported in convertees to religion .... as you can imagine this theory (which is quite in depth and im too knackered to go into right now) is upsetting people right accross the religeous comunity but whose to say there is'nt a department in our brain that is designed to deal with immense feelings of enlightenment? and the obvious thing people quite often put this down to is religeous awakening....

now what if these feelings were just a few neurons misfiring in the left brain and if so why is it not reasonable to think that people are reproducing these feelings of epiphany with drugs?
 #3 
Old 2002-10-20, 20:26
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Last night's trip

About religeon and drugs, one of my friend's dad converted to christianity while tripping on acid. He picked up a handful of dirt, and it struck him that the dirt and his hand were the same thing, and that it was created by god. That was 20+ years ago, he is still a christian. I don't think there is a difference between the experiences induced by the circumstances in one's life and the experiences while on drugs. And here is a link to info on DXM, one of the best things about DXM is that it's legal, and easily found in cough syrup. But because of this some people view it as a "kiddie drug" or a last resort type thing. I assure you it is not.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm.shtml

 #4 
Old 2002-10-20, 21:06
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Last night's trip

yep, DXM kicks ass..... especially when the experiences go beyond 'a good time' and into soemthing much more then that, somehting simply unexplainable. Yep, that kicks ass.......
 #5 
Old 2002-10-20, 22:46
Impulses Impulses is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Last night's trip

I was triping on DXM last night as well!
I had about 700 mg... It put me on a decent 3rd plateau. I was watching The Matrix when it hit me. It felt kinda uncomfortable at first but it kept getting better. I closed my eyes and became extremely relaxed. I slowly lost touch with my body and soon it felt as if my head disconnected from my body. It felt like my head was shooting through space at unbelievable speeds. After a few minutes of "space travel" I would snap back into reality. I went in and out of this for what seemed like hours. I formed a strange new relationship with myself during the trip that I will never forget. DXM is definetly an underated drug(I hope it stays underated so it stays legal) and can bring unforgetable experiences.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-20, 23:11
UbiloZ UbiloZ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Last night's trip

quote:
one minor issue... im living in england and drug slang does'nt cross the atlantic well...
what is dxm?


DXM (dextromethorphan) Is found in most over-the-counter cough surpressants. You take it in high doses and acts as a acts as a dissociative anaesthetic. It's much like the famous cat tranquililzer ketamine. Taken when you're going to watch a movie, or relax. Not when you're going to a rave. Be careful though extremely high doses can kill you. Most of all have fun
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics