About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-14, 22:21
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Low Tolerance?

I used to do a lot of drugs when I was younger and I sort of burned myself out really young.

I do a few drugs may be once or twice a year and I smoke pot moderately and rarely with other people. But, I used to be a stoner. I smoked all the time and all my friends smoked; but as my friends and I got older we stopped smoking pot so much.

Well, yesterday, I was at my girls house with her brother, and her brothers friend, and Jaded and they packed a bowl. I almost never smoke in social situations - especially since I had a date with a guy later - but, I took one hit. Just to get a feeling for it.

It was really strong stuff. They told me that before I smoked it. But, I got pretty fucking high off just one hit and when everyone went to get the door they left me with her brothers friend who suddenly accosted me and said

"No offense, but you have a VERY low tolerance."

And he kept going on about how stoned I was acting off just one hit for like ten minutes.

Now, I believe him. But, I'm wondering a few things: is it rude to get high when you're smoking with other people? I mean, we were smoking pot to get high, right? Or was he just being a jerk?

Also I'm wondering that I didn't used to have a low tolerance. So, have I just lowered my tolerance by not smoking it as often because I think I smoke enough to keep my tolerance up? Or is it I smoke alone mostly?

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2002-10-14, 22:42
Tao the fugitive Tao the fugitive is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Low Tolerance?

i think he was just being a social dickhead....
really it sounds to me like you guys were having a smoke too relax but in a semi-straight situation ... yes?
well that would probably make you feel twice as fucked and paranoid just because of the company, and personally i wish you had ripped your clothes off and rolled around butt naked in the yard... that would of given him something worth mentioning.

on the tolerance front my drug tolerance goes way down if i leave a drug alone for a week.... it takes years to build em and just weeks to lose em....... hence the high rate of od's when people leave jail....

i would suggest spiking the guys drink with acid... then pick on his insecurities over dinner and paranoia....
take it easy :-)
 #3 
Old 2002-10-14, 22:46
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Low Tolerance?

Yes he was being a jerk, and yes if you were a stoner for a few years your tolerance will be less now that you don't smoke regularly. I have gone through "chronic" phases where I smoked a lot, and after getting out of jai.. I mean cutting down entirely of my own volition, I found that I was sensitized to weed somewhat more than I was before. Perhaps we develop more neuro receptors while we are chronic, and thc is utilized faster by brains that are exposed to it a lot. Another reason could be purely psychological, you were not used to being stoned, and exhibited more signs than a chronic would. Your friend probibly thinks he can "maintain" very well, and maybe misses the point of getting baked in the first place.
Cheers
 #4 
Old 2002-10-14, 23:33
beatmeofficer beatmeofficer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Low Tolerance?

What a fucking dick. That guy has the social skills of a virus.

That being said, going from smoking several times a day everyday to almost never certainly made my tolerance go down. I had smoked maybe twice since last November. Then I smoked the other day and I was fucking blasted. Hadn't been that high in years. So, yeah, tolerance can go down. It's great.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-15, 01:01
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Low Tolerance?

he was probably more trying to impress you if it was his weed. like "hey girl, im so cool cuz i get this awesome grass, now you like me cuz im that cool..."

or he was just a fuggin prick.

pot tolerance sucks. i used to smoke every day, a few times a day. and i only smoke good pot, i cook with schwag. but towards the end it seemed like id only get good and high for like half an hour. so i took a break. now i dont smoke nearly as much and i always get stoned. not high, but stoned. but i dont smoke every day, and sometimes i even go weeks. its worth it. i get really high again, giggly and silly. instead of wasteful feeling and just staring off into nothing. im happy with the results, its like being a kid again when i blaze, my friends all laugh at me cuz im laughing at them, its great. fun again, not just smokin for the sake of smoking. ive learned, theres something to moderation....
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics