About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-07, 05:37
Blurry Blurry is offline
Regular
 
Default Another DXM-related question.

Now, While reading up on the affects and general info, people warned against using it if you have a mental illness. My question is: Is it ok if I took a low dosage (for the lower affects) if I suffer from depression/anxiety? While I have gotten over a lot of my depression I am worried if I took something like this it could toss me back into being depressed(somehow)
 #2 
Old 2002-10-07, 05:42
PureEvil PureEvil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another DXM-related question.

personally i never had any problems and im bi-polar. infact it usually swung me into an incredibly good mood instead of depressed just don't let it make you feel that you need it to be happy and you should be alright and don't take it if your on any medicines for depression cuz that could be really bad. remember to eat something light before you dose and if it's your first time i'd recomend 3/4's a bottle of tussin maximum strength cough make sure the only active ingrediant is dxm 15mg per 5ml teaspoon. have fun
 #3 
Old 2002-10-07, 14:38
kronikus kronikus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another DXM-related question.

It depends on if you are taking medication for your depression. If you are, stay the fuck away from DXM. And E for that matter...
 #4 
Old 2002-10-07, 18:58
40ozTOfreedom 40ozTOfreedom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another DXM-related question.

its mainly for people that are on the verge of being crazy, because it can bring it out. and if you do it and you are, then you will be forever. uhm its not for like bi-polar, its like crazy crazy.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-07, 19:05
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another DXM-related question.

Screw it, there is so much crap about dxm on this board and I can honestly say I have never tried it, I am going to go out and get some and well see what a 32 year old thinks of this most popular otc buzz.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-07, 19:36
Blurry Blurry is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another DXM-related question.

I'm not on any meds, and I'm pretty stable as far as I know.

Culinary: Sorry for another 'dxm post', I know its annoying when the same subject is asked about many times over but I couldn't find a definitive answer to my question.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-07, 23:02
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another DXM-related question.

Hey shit man, I did'nt mean it that way, post whatever ya want, I'm not a mod. I am however on a half bottle of robitussen right now and the bus is strong but kinda nauseating, i keep seeing little twichies out of the corner of my eye, so I'l ask my dxm question, what is the cleanest form of dxm available otc, i will try this one more time then put it in the files.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-08, 00:06
beatmeofficer beatmeofficer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another DXM-related question.

I'm partial to Robitussin Maximum Strength. I'm looking at an empty box right now. At the top is says "Robitussin" in white on black text. Below it says "Maximum Strength" in blue on white. Immediately below that in smaller black type it says "(Dextromethorphan BBr) Cough Suppressant" Then "Cough" below that in white on black. "Controls Coughs" "6-8 Hours" in white on blue and yellow on blue. I'm going into so much detail because right next to it I have an empty box that instead of saying "Cough" in white on black says "Cough & Cold" in white on blue and then at the bottom "Clears Nasal Stuffiness" in white on blue. I grabbed it without looking too hard when Robo was on sale 2 for 1. The box looks pretty similar. It has pseudoephedrine HCl in it. I drank it Saturday night at around 11 and it kept me up till 6 in the morning. Once I did get to sleep I had some interesting lucid dreams, but until then it was not quite the same, not as fun. I felt like absolute shite the next day till I finally got out of bed at 3 and got drunk. Definitely don't pick up that shit.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-08, 00:46
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another DXM-related question.

Does it always make you feel so grelchy?
I just spent a few minutes laying down trying not to be ill, the gneechees are gone but I feel a little wierd and lightheaded, why is this so popular at raves, do they take something else too to get a more interesting effect? I think I buzzed on this when I was a kid, I seem to remember this feeling from a long time ago.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-08, 01:03
beatmeofficer beatmeofficer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another DXM-related question.

Did you get the classic purple mediciney stuff? The taste can build up after drinking a little bit. I like to eat some Doritos or some sort of salty type snack (or mushrooms )and drink some water to help get rid of the bad taste. I have a weird stomach so I always have a bunch of pepto chewables sitting around and eating one or two helps if I feel nauseous later. Definitely eat some chips or something.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-08, 07:12
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another DXM-related question.

Yeah that was the shit, I don't think it agrees with me, I'll probibly polish off the rest of the bottle sometime when I'm hurtin for a buzz but all in all I don't think I like it, too bad tho', some of the trip reports looked really interesting. But at least I can say I tried it.
*crosses off another line on loooonnnng list*
cheers.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-09, 00:17
rev_DXM rev_DXM is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another DXM-related question.

I can't speak for anybody else, but after trippin' on DEX, I always feel kinda depressed. It always makes me reflect on my life when I'm coming down, don't worry about it much, 'cause it will pass in a few hours.

I just gotta defend it though. To those who think it's a "popular" drug, it is and always will be, an "underground" drug.
 #13 
Old 2002-10-09, 01:42
Tchort Tchort is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another DXM-related question.

eh I'm untreated and bipolar + 'slightly' schizoidtypal as diagnosed a little while ago, and DXM hardly makes you 'crazy crazy' if you were a little messed up to begin with. its the best drug out there IMO. oh yeah, Dexalone is the 'purest' OTC stuff with DXM. it contains only DXM in each pill you can order the stuff via the internet. just search for it.


rev_DXM is right, its hardly popular. popping 8-16 coricidin might be semi-popular among middle/highschool kids to get a 'buzz', psychonautting on DXM will always be a pasttime of very few.
 #14 
Old 2002-10-09, 05:48
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another DXM-related question.

There is a dxm extraction on this site, has anybody tried it? If I try it again it will definately be on pure dxm, I suspect it might have been something in the cough syrup that disagreed with me.
 #15 
Old 2002-10-09, 08:17
Bombora Bombora is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another DXM-related question.

Thats true i prefer pure. It really doesnt make me sick unless you take a lot (ie nething over 2 grams and u have to throw up, cant keep that mouth closed =) but at the same time you're tripping so hard it feels good to finally throw up.
 #16 
Old 2002-10-09, 16:27
beatmeofficer beatmeofficer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Another DXM-related question.

I'm all fucked in the head. Been diagnosed with major depression. Had episodes of paranoid schizophrenia (two people keeping running commentary on my actions.) DXM is the drug that causes me the least amount of trouble. Don't get depressed coming down. In fact, while doing DXM I feel, to steal from Hunter Thompson, like the monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics