About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-07, 04:13
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Drug Deaths Chart

I'm looking for a chart that shows the number of deaths caused by certain drugs compared to each other. I need this to prove a point to a friend. Mostly easily trying to prove the safeness of acid compared to other drugs, thanks
 #2 
Old 2002-10-07, 07:09
adihash adihash is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Deaths Chart

tell your freind he's a donk people don't die from acid OD ( althought it has happened, from stupidly insanly huge amounts) people die from doing stupid stuff on it.

Which is still nothing compared to the amount of alcohol or tobacco related deaths.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-07, 15:06
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Deaths Chart

pretty much what I told her, she seems to think that E from some random dealer is safer than acid coming from a trusted source, she's just another sheep sucked in by government propaganda, though I feel there may be hope for her yet
 #4 
Old 2002-10-07, 18:25
ScrewThirdHeartbeat ScrewThirdHeartbeat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Deaths Chart

try the library, don't go too far tho, don't want to end up on any lists...
 #5 
Old 2002-10-07, 18:35
40ozTOfreedom 40ozTOfreedom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Deaths Chart

i used to have the full DEA report on drug related eaths and all this shit. search google for "DEA Reported Deaths"
and then use a .gov site.
 #6 
Old 2002-10-07, 18:57
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Drug Deaths Chart

lots of people that i know think LSD is the devil. one guy said "if you do acid 6 times you're considered legally insane." riiiiiiight. but you have to give them credit the government did a good job of brainwashing children.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-07, 21:11
Infyrno Infyrno is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Deaths Chart

That's true about doing acid 6 times...
 #8 
Old 2002-10-07, 21:49
GOD_Burnsout GOD_Burnsout is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Deaths Chart

nah, I heard it's 7 times... but then I heard another story that discounted that one, only by saying that the real story is that you gotta do like 7 hits at once, and you are legally insane for the time you are tripping... whatever 7 hits is supposed to be.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-07, 22:09
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Deaths Chart

Wow, I'v dosed about 50 times and thats just acid, my highest intake was about 300 mikes, never mind the shrooms, I should go to the doctor and say I have crippling mental illness and get on disabilty for the rest of my life. Those who have read my posts will certainly agree that my sanity is debateable at best
 #10 
Old 2002-10-08, 20:41
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Deaths Chart

"Insane" is a legal term, not a medical one. It means that you MAY not have the capacity to determine right from wrong. I've never heard about this 6 or 7 time insanity declaration but, my guess it was thought up originally by the lawyer of a guy who commited a crime when he was sober and wanted a scapegoat. In either case it it does not necessarily mean that you are handicapped in any way. It's a term that is only used with any weight in a courtroom so quit fucking quibbling over this stupid notion.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-10, 19:25
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Drug Deaths Chart

quote:
Originally posted by adihash:
tell your freind he's a donk people don't die from acid OD ( althought it has happened, from stupidly insanly huge amounts) people die from doing stupid stuff on it.




Nobody has ever died from an overdose of acid!

From doing stupid stuff while on it, yes.

From the drug itself? No.


quote:
Originally posted by GOD_Burnsout:
nah, I heard it's 7 times... but then I heard another story that discounted that one, only by saying that the real story is that you gotta do like 7 hits at once, and you are legally insane for the time you are tripping... whatever 7 hits is supposed to be.



Oh [/i]please[/i], are we back to this crap again?

I don't know just how many trips I've taken, but I know that I passed 100 before I was 25; and that was 14 years ago.
And there is no question as to my sanity.


I've also taken many many hits in a sitting, 65 being the most blotter [the dips of crystal were more mics but I've no idea how much].
And again, I'm fine.

quote:
Originally posted by culinaryoverlord:
Wow, I'v dosed about 50 times and thats just acid, my highest intake was about 300 mikes, never mind the shrooms, I should go to the doctor and say I have crippling mental illness and get on disabilty for the rest of my life.



As I've said, I've done way more that that [probably before you were even born...though perhaps not].

I'm just fine, thank you.


And as for being on Disability: don't bother, it don't pay for sh*t.

I know, I was on it while recovering from my broken neck and I couldn't wait to find work again because I couldn't live off what disability paid.

 #12 
Old 2002-10-11, 14:41
Calvin Calvin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug Deaths Chart

in all my research on LSD ive only heard of 1 death from OD, someone IV'd 350 mg of LSD thinking it was speed. thats 3500 doses. but i am not sure about that one since i was under the impression that when you IV acid most of it disappears from your bloodstream very fast.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics