About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-04, 01:04
psycho0_1 psycho0_1 is offline
Regular
 
Default WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

last night i ate 130-140mg DMT in the form of acacia extract and used 300mg moclobemide as maoi. started feeling it in about 30mins. then all of a sudden about 30mins or so later it hit me and hit me hard! i was tripping very hard with INTENSE waves of power surging thru my body, so intense that i was howling and making weird noises and shit. hehe. the peak lasted about 2hours then i just felt extreme peace and well-being for the rest of the night, and i still feel great now, this was truly an entheogenic experience
 #2 
Old 2002-10-04, 01:17
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being the one drug I haven't tried [of those that I'd be willing to try], I can't speak from experience, only from what I've researched and from what I've been told by those I know who have tried it.

But I thought that DMT lasted only about 5 to 15 minutes, with a cruise of around 30 minutes.

Nothing I've come across says anything about 2 hours.

I'm am most certainly not calling you a liar or anything as such. Just making a statement.

[Nor was the above statement meant to be sarcastic.]
 #3 
Old 2002-10-04, 01:22
Infyrno Infyrno is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

selling DMT would be illegal. noone here participates in illegal activity. do some research!!

[This message has been edited by junglist (edited 10-04-2002).]
 #4 
Old 2002-10-04, 01:31
thaapocalypse111 thaapocalypse111 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought dmt isnt active when taken orally? and i also though that it isnt a very enjoyable trip. *goes out to look for phalaris grass*
 #5 
Old 2002-10-04, 02:00
SSP SSP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need to take an mao inhibitor when taking DMT orally, otherwise its completely metabolised without reaching the bloodstream
 #6 
Old 2002-10-04, 02:11
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, you need an MAO inhibitor for it to be active orally, and i'm guessing the fact that it was taken orally instead of smoked accounts for the longer trip.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-04, 03:10
Neiztsche Neiztsche is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

What acacia did you use and what's it's general DMT content?

Had you thought of Desmanthus illinoensis, Acacia obtusifolia or Acacia maidenii?

Can you smoke your extract?
 #8 
Old 2002-10-04, 04:14
PsychoTropic PsychoTropic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

DMT is active and longer lasting when taken orally with a MAOI.
As far as extracting smokeable dmt, this site works just fine for me... http://digilander.libero.it/irimias/dmt_guide.html without a doubt the best write-up I've seen on extracting alkoloids from a plant.
that url may change to space.virgilio.it/cntricci/dmt_guide.html real soon, so if it doesnt work try that.

[This message has been edited by PsychoTropic (edited 10-04-2002).]
 #9 
Old 2002-10-04, 21:03
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have identified several local phalaris patches although I will not try an extraction till next spring. There are a lot of different phenotypes of P.Arundacea and I have not found a good source describing wich have the highest alkaloid content. Any ideas?
 #10 
Old 2002-10-04, 21:45
Regular
 
Default Re: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Metaphysicist:
Being the one drug I haven't tried [of those that I'd be willing to try], I can't speak from experience, only from what I've researched and from what I've been told by those I know who have tried it.

But I thought that DMT lasted only about 5 to 15 minutes, with a cruise of around 30 minutes.

Nothing I've come across says anything about 2 hours.

I'm am most certainly not calling you a liar or anything as such. Just making a statement.

[Nor was the above statement meant to be sarcastic.]



Don't believe Meta. man! He is calling you a liar as well as expressing sarcacism in his reply. Also, he knows not what he talks about.


Ok. I am 100% playing around here. Meta is intellectually gifted and does more research than people payed to do the same thing on the same subjects. I'm just glad to see your back from your vacation Meta. and love poking fun at you as you know. Oh and watch out you guys when Meta. is in his manic state of mind! For shall you provoke him to "educate" you on something you post be ready for a ten-thousand word reply Think I'm joking?! hehehe!! lol! All you newbies shall see. But listen to the man for he possesses much knowledge on countercultural facets of life.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-05, 01:37
psycho0_1 psycho0_1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

i took it as an ayahyasca. moclobemide tablets are mao inhibitors which make the dmt orally active and last alot longer than smoking it. it lasted alot longer than 2hours but the peak was over in 2 hours, it then turned very peaceful and tranquil. i know it sounds weird but i could still feel the power surging thru my body all day yesterday. i bought the extract so i'm not sure which acacia was used, i think Black Wattle, bbut there are a few wattles called black wattle. the best phalaris to use is P.aquatica AQ-1 strain. A.maidenii is a bit hard to find where i am but i will be growwing my own A.confusa and hopefully i'll get some obtusifolia seeds. the extract is really made for smoking but u can use it orally too. extract is best smoked thru a bong, put it between 2 layers of choof or something so it vapourises, doesn't burn. it was VERY enjoyable for me but yes it can be unpleasent some times, eg., vomiting, diarheea(however it's spelled) it is also that intense that it could be unpleasant for some. also using maoi's before smokking dmt also makes the trip last longer, 1 hour or so.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics