About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-30, 21:15
SmokeyDaMan SmokeyDaMan is offline
Regular
 
Default Tolerance to Marijuana

Hi,
Ive smoked Weed about 5 times in the past month just starting, and each time it gets better and better. I Was wondering though when my body will build a tolerance to it and how long it usually takes.
Later on out
 #2 
Old 2002-09-30, 21:20
MR.SMITH MR.SMITH is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tolerance to Marijuana

Ive been smokin regular for 3 years now and I dont really have a tolerence to it. I can still get high off of a bowl or 2. You would have to chief the reef alot to build up any kind of "tolerance". Dont get me wrong though, I can smoke more now than i could when i started.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-30, 21:23
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Tolerance to Marijuana

when i started to form a tolerance i didnt know i had one. one bowl and i was high. but it lost the intense high i had when i first smoked. but i stopped for a month and am getting the highest i've ever gotten in my life.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-30, 21:31
GOD_Burnsout GOD_Burnsout is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tolerance to Marijuana

I don't think you develope a tolerance, but there is deffinantly a point where you stop being as entertained by the high you get from the small amount you smoke, so you smoke more. I guess that can be interpreted as a tolerance. I guess I could be wrong tho...
 #5 
Old 2002-09-30, 21:54
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Tolerance to Marijuana

yeah thats what i mean. you want to go a lil higher every time. but then with this good bud i am gettting so high cause i stopped for a month. its insane. very intense high. i was gettting paranoid about it. like it was laced with something. but i know it wasn't cause it tasted and looked fine. you it probably wasnt PCP cause it tasted like weed(i have been told that pcp gives the smoke a bitter/chemical quality) but i am getting so high. just stop for a while(like even if you smoke a shitload just give up like a couple days then when you can quit for a week or something. you will get so high when you smoke again.


[This message has been edited by Cobranaut (edited 09-30-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-09-30, 22:47
SmokeyDaMan SmokeyDaMan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tolerance to Marijuana

Ah i see, well i dont think it would really matter to me then. I get weed like one a week! IT SUCKS! I live in a shiatty town where most the kids have to steal from their dad and steal it. Which leads me, are there any good ways you guys know of to get weed, other than growing?
 #7 
Old 2002-10-01, 00:27
ExtazyBoy ExtazyBoy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tolerance to Marijuana

i don't know about u guys but when i first started smoking weed it was alot alot crazier then it is not, lights were flashing and some halucinations accured...well maybe that's couse i was a little kid

also a week break is always good if u want a nice intence high of a low amount of mj
 #8 
Old 2002-10-05, 03:28
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tolerance to Marijuana

I have been smoking regularly for 14 years, the last 6 or so I have tried to keep the amount I smoke to the minimum needed to get a good mello buzz that way it doesnt take a bag a day to keep me happy. I think tolerance is related more to quantity than how long you have smoked, back when I had a green thumb my tolerance skyrocketed because I could smoke as much as I wanted, but after
I got out and had to start buying bags again I smoked less and soon I was back to only taking 2-3 hits to get off. As for acquiring it, all in good time young jedi, make friends with dudes who have older brothers or dads that smoke. I survived off my moms boyfriends stashes for the first year or so of my drug career. Trip safely!

[This message has been edited by culinaryoverlord (edited 10-05-2002).]
 #9 
Old 2002-10-09, 12:57
WhatUpDetroit WhatUpDetroit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tolerance to Marijuana

You live in cali
thers shitloads of dealas there
 #10 
Old 2002-10-09, 13:30
rizzy rizzy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tolerance to Marijuana

it is possible to build up a tolerance to cannabis, i know this from first hand experience, the higher the THC level is in your body, the more you have to smoke to get stoned.
i smoke cannabis everyday, so if you dont go overboard you should'nt really have a problem and you can get stoned basically as easily as normal.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-10, 00:04
Crispy311 Crispy311 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tolerance to Marijuana

Another pain in the ass thing with tolerance is when you smoke a lotta KB or somethin'. Normally, I'd be hittin' the good, mid class buddha and I'd be straight. After this 60 dollar eighth, anything else just don't cut it really. Sure, it'll get you high, but once you start fuckin' with the high potency shit, you'll never wanna stop.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-10, 00:59
cornzornoplat cornzornoplat is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tolerance to Marijuana

I think it really depends on the person, take this weekend for example, me and three friends including totse member modega, hotboxed my car(along with my friends pit bull,who got blazed!) now we were takin purple haze(THE BEST) hits from my bowl me and two of my friends took about 4-5 bowl hits and modega took 2-3, ive never seen someone as high as him, he was pukin his gutz out all over my car , i thought he was dead, me and the two other friends got very very high and went flag pole swingin, but modega only from two hits was passed out! THANK GOD FOR PURPLE HAZE!!!!!
 #13 
Old 2002-10-15, 00:29
Guineabastardmf Guineabastardmf is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tolerance to Marijuana

Weed does build a tolerance but not that bad since its not a chemical drug.You really dont need to worry about a tolerance it just means you need to smoke more or get beeter stuff.and as long long as your not getting stoned 24-7 dont worry bout it really.once or twice a day wont really have affect.....atleast for a few years
 #14 
Old 2002-10-15, 02:00
elite elite is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tolerance to Marijuana

i have a question to say people say that you get more high on a pipe then on a blunt but that a blunt last longer is this true i started like a week ago & somtimes i feel it more on a blunt than on a pipe
 #15 
Old 2002-10-15, 07:58
Godfuck Godfuck is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tolerance to Marijuana

quote:
Originally posted by elite:
i have a question to say people say that you get more high on a pipe then on a blunt but that a blunt last longer is this true i started like a week ago & somtimes i feel it more on a blunt than on a pipe


You'll usually get more higher off the blunt b/c blunts generally contain more pot...my suggestion is to throw away both your pipe and rolling papers and invest in a vaporizer...you get alot more thc. After finishing a bowl of hydro on a vaporizer, i can hardly talk. Quite frankly, I don't understand why this isn't the most popular way to smoke weed...it's safer than smoke, and you get more bang for your buck.



[This message has been edited by Godfuck (edited 10-15-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics