About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-30, 02:44
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default obtaining whippets

is a restaurant supply store the best place? what places have you guys been most sucessful with?

also do they check if your 18?
 #2 
Old 2002-09-30, 03:57
jonksbaby jonksbaby is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

They sell them by the frozen cakes and cake decorating section at the grocery store where i live. I never bought any but my boyfriend has bought them there before and hes only seventeen, so i doubt they check for ID.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-30, 19:43
GhettoJ GhettoJ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

I get my whippets at the local headshop.You have to be 18 to buy them there
 #4 
Old 2002-09-30, 19:46
Infyrno Infyrno is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

If you get to know the people at the head shop, most of them will say you're "good for id" and let you buy everything there.
 #5 
Old 2002-09-30, 19:55
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

Actually try porno shops. They usually sell them there ($24 for $24 around here) for making whipped cream sex stuff.

It's a toss-up on the ID thing. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Be safe and have a friend (or cool brother of a friend) buy them for you.
 #6 
Old 2002-09-30, 20:42
antifreeze antifreeze is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

Porno shops, SOME grocery stores, Lechers, ebay, other internet sites.... Not hard to find. I have never gotten carded once buying them from porn shops, and I don't really look 18 (even though I am now). You can get a good deal off ebay. 144 cartridges for $60!!! Just type in "nitrous oxide"
 #7 
Old 2002-10-01, 02:35
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

LoL, buying whippits from sex shops, head shops, internet? When you say whippits I suspect that you mean the whipped cream then why not buy some from Jewels or the local supermarket?
 #8 
Old 2002-10-01, 03:12
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

Whippets are not whipped cream. It's the N2O2 used to fluff out the cream and sugar to make whipped cream. It's the stuff dentists use as laughing gas.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-01, 19:58
Karly666 Karly666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

Speaking of whippets i have been thinking of trying them but how do you do it...pop it and sniff the contents or what? Plus what is the effects and exactly how long can they last? Is it cool to mix with other things?
Thanks for any info
 #10 
Old 2002-10-02, 04:12
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

Well Karly, you need a cannister braker (2 metal compartments with a needle at one end). And a big THICK rubber balloon.

DON'T break it into your lungs, if it doesn't kill you, you'd wish it would've.

Effects last about 30 seconds that starts with body numbness, lightheadedness, and uncontrollable laughter. Quite fun actually.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-02, 11:18
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: obtaining whippets

If you buy them at a head shop [or porno, I'd imagine] you'll be paying for a recreational substance.

At a culinary shop or restaurant supply [or grocery, if you're lucky enough], you are buying a baking supply.

The difference?

About 3 to times the price.

When I used to buy them [I won't say when or how long ago: I'm tired of reminding myself of my age ;-) ] I could go to a head shop and pay about $12.00 for a box of 10. Or I could go to COnsumers [a dept. store] and pay about $4.25 for the same box.


Before there were breakers we used to use an old seltzer [sp?] bottle.

They used CO2 cartidges, which were the same size as whippets, and fill balloons that way.

I also had this one great pipe I made. It was a 2L sidearm filter flask - a flask with a place to attach a tube on the side - to which I had about 1 to 1 1/2 feet of surgical tubing with a mouth piece taken from a tobacco pipe.

I used a 2-hole stopper; the first hole had the metal tube going down to the bottom of the flask [ala all water pipes of the type].

The other hole was used as a carb.

But; I also go one of those pocket welders from Radio Smack. They use gas cartridges that are also the same size at whippets.

I ran a tube from the pocket welder to the carb hole.

Thus, while smoking, we could add a charge of NO2.**

That pipe was too cool: We called it 'the Gas Chamber'. We even made a commercial on video for it [as sold by Dr. Bong]. Ah, if only I had a way to share it here, I'm sure most would get a kick out of it].


**: In all fairness, I must confess: the idea for the NO2 came from a pipe that used to be sold through High Times - before the California anti-paraphernalia laws of the mid 70's - called 'the Buzz Bomb'.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-02, 22:20
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: obtaining whippets

thats tight as hell!!! did you feel the nitrous though? does a lot of nitrous get in the chamber to feel the nitrous? i think the homemade pipe sounds awesome but i would also like to see "the nuzz bomb".
 #13 
Old 2002-10-03, 18:11
antifreeze antifreeze is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

Actually the prices aren't all that different at grocery/food oriented stores than it is at head/porno shops. Your best bet is to buy off the internet.

Balloons also burst after awhile. Zip loc bags work well
 #14 
Old 2002-10-03, 19:57
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: obtaining whippets

quote:
Originally posted by Cobranaut:
thats tight as hell!!! did you feel the nitrous though? does a lot of nitrous get in the chamber to feel the nitrous? i think the homemade pipe sounds awesome but i would also like to see "the nuzz bomb".


You bet you ass you did.

Remember: This was a 2L flask; there was a lot of room after the water for smoke to collect [which also had the effect of cooling it down even further]. So there was plenty of NO2 to be added.

I wish I could get that video we did on the net. I guess Id have to get a web page of my own first, and I've just never found the time to get around to doing it [I'm embarrassed to admit that despite having used computers since the TRS-80's came out; I've never bothered to learn how to do that. So I would need to sit my butt down with some on line tutorials first, which is more the reason I haven't done it yet: I've got plenty of crap that I'd love to put on, but...]

As for a picture of a real 'Buzz Bomb' fro High Times, you'd need to go back to a pre 1976 [or so] issue.

I might have one or two left, though most of my collection is like 86 through 92 or something like that [I've never got around to getting rid of them even though they ain't in the best of shape].
 #15 
Old 2002-10-03, 20:31
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

Wha? Some foolish friends of mine took to n02 out of whipped cream cans. They pushed the nozzle down and it came out into a balloon.
 #16 
Old 2002-10-03, 23:21
deek0y deek0y is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

I've used whppets before, they only give you an intense rush for about 30 seconds and its a known fact that using them can put oxygen bubbles on your brain, so its sorta not worth it is it?Well it is if your a cheap cunt and cant afford LSD or sum real drugs..
 #17 
Old 2002-10-04, 01:06
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: obtaining whippets

quote:
Originally posted by deek0y:
...its a known fact that using them can put oxygen bubbles on your brain...


Oh it is, is it?

I humbly beg to ask, prey tell, just where , is the veritable fount of wisdom from which your dipper of inquiry brought forth this crystal clear drink of truthful fact? So that I, too, may partake of it's quenching properties thus satiating my thirst for knowledge and in doing so thus come closer to the perfection of mind, body and soul of which you are such a shining example as to make the gods quiver in shame!


[In other words: You, sir, are full of sh*t. And unless you can back up your claim, I wouldn't go around - here at least - spouting 'known facts': You are liable to get flamed by somebody.]
 #18 
Old 2002-10-04, 01:22
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

Big words hurt my oxygenized brain.

Ow
 #19 
Old 2002-10-04, 15:45
Reactor Reactor is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

Party supply places or ballon stores is the best place to get them out here in the west coast, I would be the same for "anytown,usa" have fun and most of all...BE SAFE!
 #20 
Old 2002-10-05, 01:04
deek0y deek0y is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

Well my friend if you were somebody that had a life outside a computer you would obtain sum real medically supported information like uh, from a psych-nurse, where I have seen the outcome of STUPID FUCKS LIKE YOURSELF DOING DUMB SHIT LIKE WHIPPETS?

Ohhh yeah but dont get me wrong...the 30 seconds you spend trippin is entirely worth what happens to your brain...

Your a fucking goon mate, I bet half ya info is second hand bullshit.
 #21 
Old 2002-10-05, 01:44
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

Nitrous is one of the safest drugs around, the only danger is from falling on your face and breaking your nose, a quote from the Encyclopedia Of Pharmeceuticals "nitrous oxide intoxication could theoretically be prolonged indefinately as long as the subject recieved adequate oxygen", but my question involves it's oxidant properties. How dangerous is nitrous, if the joint you were smoking were somehow sprayed with nitrous could it burst into flame? I am thinking of adding a nitrous injector made from a whipped cream machine to my fish pump electric bong, sounds like fun but I hate the smell of burning upholstry!
Cheers
 #22 
Old 2002-10-05, 03:51
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

quote:
Originally posted by deek0y:
Well my friend if you were somebody that had a life outside a computer you would obtain sum real medically supported information like uh, from a psych-nurse, where I have seen the outcome of STUPID FUCKS LIKE YOURSELF DOING DUMB SHIT LIKE WHIPPETS?

Ohhh yeah but dont get me wrong...the 30 seconds you spend trippin is entirely worth what happens to your brain...

Your a fucking goon mate, I bet half ya info is second hand bullshit.



Ok. In the name of God I hereby say to you-"he who could not handle the wrath of Meta."-a trusted and respected friend and member here at totse.com. That your display of blatant ignorance and disrespect. That you a NEWBIE might I add are officially deemed as shunned!! One thing Metaphysicist does not do is state unrefrenced facts. Not only that, he always and I mean always maintains integrity in what he says and expresses. You obviously can not see the brilliance on display in his writing and his points of view. Simply because you are not on his level. Don't expect to flame Meta. and him feel your flame!!

Oh and Meta. that was almost poetic in your saying "".....fountain of wisdom from whichyour dipper of..........." Damn Bro! You should be a writer! You possess such an economy of words. I think we can all agree deekOy is either due to apologize or find another destination in cyberspace. Because dude you are so wrong its pathetic as is your showmanship of your alleged intellect. You punkass!
 #23 
Old 2002-10-05, 13:37
SUPERKILLER1911 SUPERKILLER1911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

Yeah man Meta has to be one of the most respected members here.
 #24 
Old 2002-10-06, 00:06
Tampon Tampon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

I once read a story about a guy who did so many whippets in one night, that he got The Bends, nitrogen bubbles in the body, but he did some outrageous number. Like 100 whippets in a row or something like that.

[This message has been edited by Tampon (edited 10-06-2002).]
 #25 
Old 2002-10-06, 00:16
Godfuck Godfuck is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: obtaining whippets

quote:
Originally posted by Tampon:
I once read a story about a guy who did so many whippets in one night, that he got The Bends, [b]nitrogen bubbles in the body, but he did some outrageous number. Like 100 whippets in a row or something like that.

[This message has been edited by Tampon (edited 10-06-2002).][/B]


Yeah, alot of ppl think since it's a 'safe' legal drug that makes it OK to overdo it. Not only can you get the bends, but the oxygen deprivation of a N20 binge can kill a very signifcant number of blood cells...but since the brain has so many of those i guess it really doesn't matter...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics