About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-26, 03:05
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Beznos

Ok, after missing an complete day to ativan and valium, I started to wonder and I'm curious about what other people think.

If benzos basically just make you tired and calm down, why do you [b]abuse[/] them? What do you get out of it?
 #2 
Old 2002-09-26, 06:06
thaapocalypse111 thaapocalypse111 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

my mom has a big fat bottle of diazepams, how much did you take man, i took 30mg, and i didnt feel anything different. i did this twice. i have high tolerance to alot of things, so maybe 30 isnt enough for me, but i know people can take 2mg and feel it.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-26, 07:08
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

Lets leave it at this benzos effect everyone diffrently, benzos hav no high that can ever be described becuase it will be diffrent for the next person.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-26, 16:14
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

The first responce was completely idiotic and I wish I could erase it, but even though benzos have different effects on people, the baseline is still sedation. Even I get the warm fuzzies and so on, but I still don't understand WHY people enjoy them above other drugs. Drugs that can cause much more intense states of fuzz and peacefullness.

Anyone with an idea would be rewarded with a... Xanax or Valium?
 #5 
Old 2002-09-26, 16:17
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

i really dont feel much from any amount of benzos if i just take them alone for a day. i mean, ill get tired eventually, and lay there on the couch staring at nothing and feeling useless, but i wouldnt consider that a nice high feeling. usually if i take em i gotta be drinking, or at least smoking alot of pot. i used to like to take like 2 or 3 mgs of xanax and smoke alot of pot, and just sit there like a knot on a log, but anymore it just bores me to death. after another friend died this summer from drinking and taking benzos i gave that up as well. i used to be able to drink 100 beers if i took some k-cuts and could stay awake for days; weird huh? mix two depressants and stay up for 12 hours straight drinking... anyway, im done with benzos, they pretty much suck ass to me anymore.

i heard the fucking stupidest thing from my girlfriends mom this week... she thinks my girl smokes too much pot, so she asked why. my girl tells her its cuz of her nerves (which is total crap as well, shes just a fucking pot head like i am, and her nerves are fine. she might be dumb enough to think that its her nerves, but shes my girlfriend, so i shouldnt call her stupid). anyway, so her mom says, "well if its your nerves we'll get you put on some xanax." how fucking retarded is that? i dont like you using this pot drug so often, so we should get you put on something that is incredibly addictive, can cause seizures, could be a monkey on your back for years, and is also deadly if mixed with other downers. i about shit myself arguing with them about it, like i dont know what im fucking talking about. her mom is a nurse, so she must know more about these drugs than i do, even if ive been using them for years, seen 2 friends die from them, and have never seen anything of the sort come from marijuana use, even excessive use. what the fuck does a nurse know about psych anyway? so she says that she could just get the doctor she works for to write up a prescription, and i told her that was just fucking stupid as well, to get her put on xanax without the recommendation of a real doctor who specializes in that shit. so my girl got all pissed cuz she was hopin for a xanax script; and i was saying how dumb it would be. even after someone close to her dies from it, and she just says "well i wont drink if i get them." ok, right, and youll just take one of them everyday like youre supposed to? quit going out with your friends, and not party at all; for maybe one mg of xanax a day? so when she eats a whole bottle in a week and her mom is wondering why shes a junkie shed probably blame me, or the pot. morons.

[This message has been edited by junglist (edited 09-26-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-09-26, 16:28
sph3ric pyramid sph3ric pyramid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

I use the stuff after prolonged tweaking. To help me relax. I don't really like the effects. Boring for me. I need to quit. It's getting to me.

peace out.
sph3ric pyramid.

[This message has been edited by sph3ric pyramid (edited 09-26-2002).]
 #7 
Old 2002-09-26, 17:09
bako bako is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

Is an opiate buzz better? lets say codeine for example?
 #8 
Old 2002-09-26, 17:18
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

Most people think so. I agree as a matter of fact. But, I'm not sure about codeine, I've never had any luck with it.
 #9 
Old 2002-09-26, 17:36
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

i would prefer an opiate buzz. but at the time, im not really into that either. im kinda sick of drugs that take me out for longer than an hour or two at a time. i just like to smoke pot now. drugs are wasting my time anymore, ive got more important shit goin now.
 #10 
Old 2002-09-26, 20:25
Neiztsche Neiztsche is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

Benzos are great socially, pure and simple. They relax you and generally elevate your confidence level. Mixed with alcohol they will reduce your inhibitions to the extent that a certain amount of honestly prevails between the sexes, thus getting you laid.

I don't feel extremely social on regular opiates...heroin, percocet, vicodin. It's more of a personal warm and fuzzyness, everyone else can happily fuck off, that kind of thing.

"Blueberries" (10mg valiums) are a trusted old friend and don't seem to have nearly the addictive potential as opiates (although they are closely related)

When I used to go down to TJ Mex and score bottles of 90 Roche 10mg Diazepam..they cost $7.00 a piece per bottle of 90. That's part of why we love'em. Now, looking online the vendors I've found (and yes there are a ton with no prescription needed) sell 100 5mg Diazepam for $180.00! That's why valium is on the back-burner for me now.
 #11 
Old 2002-09-26, 20:31
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

have you ever noticed a direct correlation between benzos and alcohol, and fights? i have. i know people who i love dearly when sober, but that i wont come close to during one of their benzo/alcohol binges. and its not an occasional thing, its every single time they mix the two.
 #12 
Old 2002-09-26, 22:51
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

Wow i thought mixing benzos and booze just made you drunk quicker. It also make violent?? Thats weird since benzos are like a relaxing chill drug along the same lines as pot.
 #13 
Old 2002-09-26, 23:00
GOD_Burnsout GOD_Burnsout is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

I've known a few ppl that get in fights on them. Also, a lot that don't, most just get really fucked up and don't remember what happened.
 #14 
Old 2002-09-26, 23:03
dopeman420 dopeman420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

benzos are not closely related to opiates or pot. benzos are closely related to alcohol. the combination does not MAKE anyone violent any more than alcohol or benzos would alone in sufficient quantities. benzos are much, much, much less fun than opiates but codeine is very lame any way you look at it. i've used benzos as an alternative to drinking, cuz i get pretty much the same effect, seeing as they have the same method of action. i like to think it's less harmful to my liver, but it's really probably not, and what the fuck do i care anyway?
 #15 
Old 2002-09-26, 23:22
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

quote:
Originally posted by junglist:
have you ever noticed a direct correlation between benzos and alcohol, and fights? i have. i know people who i love dearly when sober, but that i wont come close to during one of their benzo/alcohol binges. and its not an occasional thing, its every single time they mix the two.


Oh, reminds me of DankGirl...

There's that whole issue with the addition of long-term use of benzos produces psychotic-like symptoms... A pyschotic, ranting, lune.

That must have nothing to do with benzos, though.
 #16 
Old 2002-09-26, 23:29
bako bako is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

how is codeine lame, please explain.
ive never tried it and im looking for an alternative buzz to pot and booze, how can i get benzos?
 #17 
Old 2002-09-26, 23:45
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

yeah, i wouldnt have brought it up if i didnt believe there to be some truth to it. it could be that they just get sooooo wasted that they dont care and want to fight with anyone, but i swear i know people who cant take them and drink without ending up on bad terms with someone else. prolonged use might also be a part of the cause, like Z3m said.

bako: i dont find codiene to be lame, and would only prefer hydrocodone because it seems to be less irritating to my stomach. molecularly, its not far from morphine, which isnt far from heroin...

in the end, i find benzos to be lame, especially when taken alone. sitting around just taking xanax is a terribly wasteful buzz to me, just sitting there like a fuckin lump of shit, eventually probably passing out. not fun anymore for me. hell, even when i smoke pot anymore i gotta read something or come here and post something, i hate just sitting idle doing nothing with my buzz. benzos put me in a place where i dont want to do anything, and i hate that. i feel like some lazy junkie fuck with no real purpose, but to get high. theres no fun in feeling like a loser. of course, thats just me, and there are plenty of people who enjoy it, im sure. i dont really find anything appealing about the buzz anymore, not sure why i ever did. still could be useful if i decided to take a trip to the moon again...
 #18 
Old 2002-09-27, 17:16
maddcow007 maddcow007 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

I don't know if you will find this of any use Z3M but I noticed that after using a benzo that everything that comes into physical contant with me feels very good. Better than it normaly does. I love sex on benzo's...jesus christ, its like heaven X 3.

I only know one other that reacts similar to how I react to benzo's.....*sigh* I mean I used to know her. *double sigh*.
 #19 
Old 2002-09-27, 17:25
dopeman420 dopeman420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

i think codeine's lame, as well as the hydro varieties like lortabs and vicodins, simply because they're not the oxy varieties, like percocet, oxycontin, or endocet, and they're not opium. just my opinion, i know a good amount of people that like the shit.
 #20 
Old 2002-09-27, 18:51
bako bako is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

quote:
Originally posted by maddcow007:
[B]I love sex on benzo's...jesus christ, its like heaven X 3.B]


Ya ive heard that sex on em is good? does it prolong orgasm? Also how do opiates affect sex? that would be awesome if they made you last longer, without not being able to get it up of course...

 #21 
Old 2002-09-27, 18:58
maddcow007 maddcow007 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

It just depends on the person....shit brotha...OMFG everything feels good when your on a benzo (at least for me)... Orgasm though, it doesn't delay it for me. Increased erections though, big time. I'm a fucking sex fiend while on benzo's.....Opiates make it more difficult to reach orgasm though but it makes sex last longer too. Vicoden does wonders man, i can last for hours.
 #22 
Old 2002-09-27, 19:00
maddcow007 maddcow007 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

*struts off*
 #23 
Old 2002-09-27, 19:30
bako bako is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

haha right on, ill have some sex on some opiates. thanks d00d
 #24 
Old 2002-09-27, 20:57
Neiztsche Neiztsche is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

I can't remember where I heard it..and it may been about barbituates, but I recall that ether barbs or benzos were either created from pharmacological studies of opiates or they are chemically similar to the opiate family. I know that they're CNS depressants like alchohol as well.

I can second the 'violence' aspect of benzos (valium in particular). I don't know why but even when I found I was having a good time and being a nice guy....I enevitably wound up in a damn fight. Of course the fights were no big deal because I was so relaxed that I never got too hurt. But yeah, I think I would just laugh at big MotherF*er's without a care in the world... and I wasn't afraid to back down.

And the last thing:

Yes. If I'm out with a girl and we're both somewhat attracted to each other and she agrees to take 1-2 10mg valium with a glass of good champagne....It's all over. We're definately having great sex that night. I can't even think of a time when a girl and I both eating valium didn't sleep together. Valium is a good buddy.

[This message has been edited by Neiztsche (edited 09-27-2002).]
 #25 
Old 2002-09-27, 22:39
bako bako is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Beznos

how can I get some? Fucking everyone on this board has access to these fuckin pills. How can I get a prescription for even a weak type of benzo? I know about social anxiety and what not but im doubting they will give me shit but fucking paxil. You guys gotta help me
thanks
p.s I live in canada, if that makes a diff or not...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics