About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 1 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2002-09-26, 00:18
rev_DXM rev_DXM is offline
Regular
 
Default Favorite brand of smokes?

Hey subvert, I'll be in San Antone for the foreseeable future, feel free to drop on by!

Oh, and if'n you come, bring some California 'cid wit' ya. Ain't seen none round these parts in ages!
 #2 
Old 2002-09-26, 00:19
Raf_the_Penguin Raf_the_Penguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

gotta be either Champion Ruby or Dr Pat rolling tobacco, tailormade ciggies taste like charcoal laced with acetone....
not normally one for mixing weed with tobacco but Dr Pat mixed in with Lemon Skunk tastes fuckin BEAUTIFUL, dunno what does it but *drooooool*
 #3 
Old 2002-09-26, 00:25
Raf_the_Penguin Raf_the_Penguin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

as for beer, (cant beleive i almost forgot) as all south aussies know, Coopers Pale Ale and Sparkling are two of the best beers on the face of the planet, a 12 pack of thems got enough yeast in it for ya to be able to skip lunch, not feel hungry and get piss drunk cause theres less evil beer absorbing crap in your stomach.

If not Coopers, Southwark Pale, Dark, White or Bitter, its all good!
 #4 
Old 2002-09-26, 00:34
rev_DXM rev_DXM is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

Y'know, I've always wondered about that. I thought all ya'll Aussies drank Fosters. I see the commercials here alla the time.

Just how popular is that crap down there anyway?
 #5 
Old 2002-09-26, 00:54
GOD_Burnsout GOD_Burnsout is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

I don't think Budweiser makes it higher than 5% anywhere... but I guess I could be wrong. They certainly sell beer with higher alcohol content than that in Texas. I don't know why bud would stop at 5 if they make it higher in some places. There is some beer new belgium sells that is like 8.3 I believe. And I met some dudes that had been to australia (they where from Germany and England tho) and they said Fosters was kinda like a joke there. Nobody drinks it they said.

And to touch on the subject of this thread, most my friends smoke Marlbro lights. 1 smokes reds. I just smoke marijuana cigarettes

[This message has been edited by GOD_Burnsout (edited 09-26-2002).]

[This message has been edited by GOD_Burnsout (edited 09-26-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-09-26, 00:55
D.N.S D.N.S is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

milwaukees best - good and really cheap
 #7 
Old 2002-09-26, 00:55
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

Kools are girlie ciggs? I know a few people who smoke them that wouldn't take kindly to that remark, lol.

I don't know how this topic got to beer but:

Yeah, isn't Fostahs Australian for beah?
 #8 
Old 2002-09-26, 01:38
Regular
 
The land of milk and honey
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

I smoke Belmonts, the ones with the charcoal filter. And yes, menthol cigarettes are for girls. Nothing wrong with smoking light, ultra light is just rediculous though. I don't like king size cigarettes, otherwise known as "bitch sticks".

As for beer, that all depends on the funds. If I have money, I like sleemans and guinness if I feel like it. If I don't have money it's colt 45 or st. ides.
 #9 
Old 2002-09-26, 02:33
Motopunk420 Motopunk420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

You think the Bible Belt States are bad, try living in Utah (Mormon capital of the world)
I used to live right in Salt Lake, the beer there is only 2.5 to 3 percent alcohol
and you can only buy real beer and liquor at state run liquor stores(run buy cops)

And as for cigarettes I started out on Marb Lightsthen went to Camel Turkish Golds
but now I smoke Pall Mall Full Flavored 100's
and the occasional Camel Wide
 #10 
Old 2002-09-26, 03:02
XIPHER XIPHER is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

quote:

origionally posted by rev_DXM.
I thought all ya'll Aussies drank Fosters.



Fosters, HA. i've lived in Australia for most of my life and havnt seen many, if any, people drinking that, most people here drink VB or XXXX. i'm not really a beer person myself [perfer something rum/scotch mixed with cola, mmmmm] but i do enjoy Carltons, or Budweiser.

as for the topic, i smoke Marlboro Red.
 #11 
Old 2002-09-26, 12:33
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

You all make me proud! You all possess a good taste for beer and are MEN and smoke real cigarettes! Cheers!
 #12 
Old 2002-09-26, 16:24
PsychoTropic PsychoTropic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

I smoke Camel Filters.

Next time you happen to be drinking a Fosters, if you read the label you will notice it's brewed in Canada. That doesn't seem very Australian for beer to me...
 #13 
Old 2002-10-01, 00:11
AzUrE BLuE AzUrE BLuE is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

anybody ever smoke "Nat Shermans"? these things are great, a little pricy in NY, like 8 for a pack. But hey, what can i do? Im a nicotine bitch. Also, Lucky Strikes are good.
 #14 
Old 2002-10-01, 00:38
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

Once again I'm afraid I'm going to letting my age show.

What I most liked to smoke they don't make anymore; and I don't think anyone here is old enough to remember them.

Brights: they were a spearmint [as opposed to menthol]
 #15 
Old 2002-10-01, 00:52
AzUrE BLuE AzUrE BLuE is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

Yea, im only a stupid teenager. But my dad gave me a poster from those old cigs. I got it up on my wall and whenever i smoke i always start off wondering about what they were like. I wish i could smoke a few some day.
 #16 
Old 2002-10-01, 01:08
40ozTOfreedom 40ozTOfreedom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

parliments, and camel lights.
i used to smoke unfilted lucky strike but i got it down to these.
 #17 
Old 2002-10-01, 01:29
phantasie phantasie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

lol! i have never seen fosters in my life! eb, vb and XXXX are what dinkum aussies drink. i myself prefer something without the aroma of urine (although i do drink those is i'm desperate). i'm right into tooheys extra dry at the moment, mmmmm.

as for smokes, if i'm sober i smoke winnie golds, otherwise i vary between pj extra mild and benson and hedges (super mild i think). u can tell me i'm a girl for smoking those because i am a girl, the tits give it away.
 #18 
Old 2002-10-01, 01:45
kronikus kronikus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

Du Maurier Lights. Canadian smokes kill all U.S. excuses for tobacco. Our beer is better too.
 #19 
Old 2002-10-01, 01:45
Motopunk420 Motopunk420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

Yeah, I agree Azure Blue Luck Strikes are pretty good smokes. And I know what your talking about Metaphysicist when you said you like Brights my Uncle smoked tose till the day he died, I always wondered what they tasted like, but at the time i was young and didn't smoke, but know I smoke about 10 Pall Mall Full Flavoreds a day
 #20 
Old 2002-10-02, 11:56
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

quote:
Originally posted by AzUrE BLuE:
Yea, im only a stupid teenager. But my dad gave me a poster from those old cigs. I got it up on my wall and whenever i smoke i always start off wondering about what they were like. I wish i could smoke a few some day.


A poster for/of Brights?

You sh*ting me? I'll be damned.

All these years; nobody [even those my age] seems to remember them.

And here I see there are two who have [though too young to have smoked them].

As I said: they were spearmint.

I smoked the 100's. In fact, they're what got me hooked to tobacco.

When they stopped making them I switched to Camel unfiltered; got tired of spitting out pieces of tobacco, went to Marlboro Lights for several years...

Until I realized that the taste of them was blah; switched to Camel Lights - an d Camel filters.

When they came out I switched to GPC Red [tasted close to Camels and were much cheaper]...

Until I developed the GPC cough; went back to Camels....

Until it just got too damn expensive; switched to Top [prefered of the roll-your-owns]...

Until January this year: Quit smoking lung were getting just too damned clogged: had to quit smnoking something...

 #21 
Old 2002-10-02, 21:10
SUPERKILLER1911 SUPERKILLER1911 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

I like any kind of camel..lucky strike unfiltered and the cig i usually smoke is either newport 100 cuz thats what all the homies at my group home smoke(im with them alot) or marly reds.
 #22 
Old 2002-10-02, 22:25
rev_DXM rev_DXM is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

quote:
Originally posted by Metaphysicist:


Until it just got too damn expensive; switched to Top [prefered of the roll-your-owns]...





Hey that's pretty cool, I don't know anyone else who rolls their own cigarettes.

Whenever I can't afford Marlboro, I go with Bugler rolling tobacco. Has a real good flavor and gives me a bit of a buzz.
 #23 
Old 2002-10-03, 17:40
gcc gcc is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

Don't any of you smoke Winstons? The taste cannot be beat while stoned. Usually, I smoke Winston 100's Regulars, but I also roll my own tobacco cigarettes from half and half pipe tobacco. People always think I am smoking a joint when I have my half and half out in public, but its just tobacco. I am told the half and half tastes like cream cheese, but I think it tastes like damn fine tobacco.
 #24 
Old 2002-10-03, 20:02
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Favorite brand of smokes?

quote:
Originally posted by rev_DXM:
Whenever I can't afford Marlboro, I go with Bugler rolling tobacco. Has a real good flavor and gives me a bit of a buzz.


Bugler, to me, is too dry.

Funny thing: All the years that I smoked weed and could never roll a joint, I start smoking 'rollies' and i can roll. [I always said that the two things I would never be able to do were juggling and rolling a joint.

Oh, many, many people tried: They all said I can teach anyone to roll. and each time, after going through several packs of ZigZags, they'd give up.

I still can't roll using just my hands (especially since losing 30 -40% use of my left hand following that botched neck operation), but I'm great at the dollar bill method ;-) ]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics