About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-24, 01:08
moracca moracca is offline
Regular
 
Default hydrocodone?

i found a bottle labeled hydrocodone that was prescribed to me in '99 for pain from a broken foot/ankle/shin/everything else down there. On the side of the bottle is a note saying thatit made me hyper. My question is, will this do anything in the way of giving a high? Also, does this sort of thing go bad or lose power after a certain amount of time?
thanks,

//moracca
 #2 
Old 2002-09-24, 01:12
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: hydrocodone?

it should still be alright. it probably will make you relaxed and chilled out not hyper. yes it will make you high.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-24, 02:23
thaapocalypse111 thaapocalypse111 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: hydrocodone?

take 30-60 mg of the hydrocodone. but watch out cuz usually theres also tylonol in the pill, which can toast your liver. it will usually say '500' APAP on them. dont take more then 4000mg of apap. i have hydrocodone syrup, its the same, just in liquid form. i know this shit is pysically addictive, so dont do it day after day. ya...the shit will get you high, but make sure you dont have anything important to do the next 6-7 hours. just lay down, put on some tunes and just lay there...its cool as hell. like being stoned, but its more like alcohol without side effects. i took 80mg of hydrocodone friday, and i felt 'comfortably numb' like pink floyd states it.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-24, 11:23
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: hydrocodone?

One thing to keep in mind about the stuff [besides the Tylenol]:

It is an opiate: It is in the same family as morphine, and heroin. and can be just about as addictive.

By that I mean that if you get hooked, it's just as miserable to withdrawl from as the others.
 #5 
Old 2002-09-25, 17:41
moracca moracca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: hydrocodone?

Hey, and thanks. I took 25/2500mg of hydrocodone/apap last night, at about 11:15, and after half hour or 45 minutes, i started to feel the effects. It wasnt anything too drastic, just that nice warm tingle all over, and i could feel my heartbeat all over my body. so, that was enjoyable, and by about 1:30 or so i fell asleep. This morning i woke up feeling the best I have ever felt. I was feeling so refreshed and happy. Anyhow, that said, i kinda like it, but i was wondering if it would be a worthwhile trade to trade for a dime of nugs. [edit]Oh yeah, there are 18 pills left, each 5/00mg [/edit] I dont know how much the hydro would sell for or anything, so i cant relly tell if it would be a good trade. Any suggestions? Thanks

//Moracca

[This message has been edited by moracca (edited 09-25-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-09-25, 19:23
antifreeze antifreeze is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: hydrocodone?

You could definately trade some for weed. I sold before (bulk, though) and made some ok money. Three years makes it kind of old though. I do believe potency declines with age. I used to feel way more than a warm tingle with five 5/500s.
 #7 
Old 2002-09-25, 20:26
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: hydrocodone?

i wish someone would trade me bud for hydro's. I have to buy the shit for 2 bucks a pop from a kid that got in a car wreck a year ago, they give him vicoden and lorcet. Can belive that one time a guy tried to sell me a vic a 5.5/500 at that not even a 7.5 for $20!! I was like get fucked.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-03, 22:44
Annabelle Annabelle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: hydrocodone?

Uhhg...Oh shit...did you say more than 4000mg of 500 APAP will have harmful affects on your liver? Uhmm I was for a long time having to take up to 14 or 16 at a time. Seriously...Should I be worried?

-Annabelle
 #9 
Old 2002-10-03, 23:13
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: hydrocodone?

Considering you're not either:
1) In the hospital.

2) Having severe pain in your abdomen (which I'm sure you would have told us, since it was related).

I'd say no.

But, it'd be best to take your Darvocet and Vicodin scripts only when you absolutely need them.

The liver, although its remarkably easy to fuck up, is a pretty tough sumbitch, it can handle a lot.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-04, 01:20
lilymunster lilymunster is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: hydrocodone?

i have experimented with various presciption pills for the purpose of staying still during a larger tattoo. Hydrocodone was more effective than morphine for that purpose. An excellent drug...
 #11 
Old 2002-10-04, 04:57
Annabelle Annabelle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: hydrocodone?

Djsam... "sumbitch" ? How cute is that?! *gathers herself* ehem...uhmm well thanks AGAIN for your good advice I will quit worrying. I only take it once a week or so.

-Annabelle
 #12 
Old 2002-10-04, 09:04
maddcow007 maddcow007 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: hydrocodone?

I've consumed over 10 grams of APAP within a day, a few times, and I'm was just fine
 #13 
Old 2002-10-04, 13:23
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: hydrocodone?

quote:
Originally posted by maddcow007:
I've consumed over 10 grams of APAP within a day, a few times, and I'm was just fine


This is the point where I would normally mention my OD [to assure Annabelle that the amount she took is ok].

Next will come some newbie telling me how full of sh*t I am.

ANd so it would go...

So, This time I will just say: Reference Metaphysicist Common Post, #16-A.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics