About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-17, 17:51
Annabelle Annabelle is offline
Regular
 
Default Darvocet Tolerance Problem

I have been taking Darvocet 100mg W/APAP on and off for about three years since I was hit by a drunk driver. Recently I have found myself having to take 10 at a time to bring down my pain level of my SEVERE head and neck pain, and I only get a certain amount per month. This poses a HUGE problem for me. Is there anything I can do to help? Any kind of herb to purify or anything? What can I do? Please help me!
 #2 
Old 2002-09-17, 17:55
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Darvocet Tolerance Problem

Tell your doc yourproblem, hope you get some better meds.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-17, 18:57
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Darvocet Tolerance Problem

Talk to your doctor as soon as you can. If he puts you on something stronger it will probably be vicodin, which is hydrocodone and acetaminophen. If you're taking darvocet for the pain, vicodin should knock it out right away, but make sure you only take as much as you need, because you can still get a tolerance to hydrocodone, and you can get addicted.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-17, 19:26
Annabelle Annabelle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Darvocet Tolerance Problem

I appreciate the advice but I'm terrified that the doctor will dimiss me as an addict or something and I will be in severe pain again. I have had kidney stones, sinus surgeries and a compound fracture of my arm and never have I felt pain like the pain with my headaches...I'm scared that I will have to suffer like I had to before I found a doctor to give me pain medicine.
 #5 
Old 2002-09-17, 19:53
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Darvocet Tolerance Problem

Well, getting the help you need is a gamble (unfortunately), although it may seem doctors are heartless...they're trying to do whats best. If you won't talk to your doctor, theres really not much to be done, unless you try to get your pills on the street, but lets try something a little less drastic.

Like I said, talk to your doctor, he is there to help, even if he seems like an asshole. I don't think he's gonna think you're an addict, since darvocet isn't very strong anyway. My doctor agrees with me on this one, he hardly ever prescribes it.

And don't be terrified, be happy.
 #6 
Old 2002-09-17, 20:27
Annabelle Annabelle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Darvocet Tolerance Problem

Thank sweety!!! =)
 #7 
Old 2002-09-17, 20:53
djsam djsam is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Darvocet Tolerance Problem

No problem...finally a nice person asking for help, rather than a "wHerE CaN i gEt sOMe we3D?" kinda post. Glad to help.
 #8 
Old 2002-09-29, 17:28
Annabelle Annabelle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Darvocet Tolerance Problem

Thanks for all of your suggestions guys, its been a big help for me. I went to my doctor and he put me on vicodin and darvocet. So now I get both but I take darvocet first and if that doesnt help my pain then I take the vicodin. But I was so scared to talk to him but he understood me and my problems I have had with pain for the past 3 years and all is well thanks to you guys I LUV YAH ALL!!!!!!
 #9 
Old 2002-10-02, 12:03
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Darvocet Tolerance Problem

As been mentioned: Be very careful with the stuff, as addiction is very easy to aquire - very hard to get rid of.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-02, 18:43
cocaloca cocaloca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Darvocet Tolerance Problem

Be very careful with both drugs, I developed a high tolerence to darvcet like you, because they really aren't that strong off a pain killer. I was then given Lortabs--7.5 hydrocodone/APAP about last august for ulcer pain. I have been addicted to them ever since!! I doctor shop, and even have been arrested for perscription forgery. Just be careful
 #11 
Old 2002-10-02, 20:55
subvertpunk subvertpunk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Darvocet Tolerance Problem

Wow maybe i should post some warning even though i hate this jerk off women and want her to become a junkie. Yes do be carefull, i started out with darvocets that lasted quite a while, i loved the no physicall addiction part i wish i could have that back for anything. Next came lortab i took it for quite a while too but it sucked, then oxys came. We still had lortab but i started dosing on oxy becuase it was better and it cleared my emotional pain alot better. Well now im trying to get clean for the third time, im only 18 and have been using opiates for a year and a half, let this be a lesson to all you people needing somethin bigger than darves. Soon youll need somethin bigger than lortab, its just the way it works.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-03, 20:38
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Darvocet Tolerance Problem

When you are quitting be careful and be sure.

Each time you quit is harder than the last time and is that much easier/sooner you fall off the wagon again.

Also, when quitting, I know many who think that they need to do it cold turkey; that pain is an unavoidable part of it.

Well, they are wrong!

It is possible to slowly taper off to nothing. This can be done with any opiate including heroin.

They use methadoen to do it like that, don't they? So what's the difference?

Nothing

And, as I said, It can be done with Heroin, too.

It may take help of a friend [and/or a lot of will power] but it can be done.

The main thing in it - and with quitting any opiate [or anything at all for that matter] is you Got to want to quit.

Not need to quit, or want to quit [i]because XXX wants me too, or because You'll lose your job.

No. You gotta, deep down, really want to do it. Then you can.

I'm not saying that's the only way, but it's the by far best.
 #13 
Old 2002-10-03, 22:25
Annabelle Annabelle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Darvocet Tolerance Problem

Thanks for your support guys, I am very careful and mentally stable and on my way to medical school. I would never do anything to derail my future plans unlike some fucks like Subvertpunk who steal pain medicine from their own mother, has no father, no future or hope of ever having a better more productive life because he is too busy being a sinister, slothful, codependent dip-shit asshole.

Annabelle
 #14 
Old 2002-10-04, 01:30
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Darvocet Tolerance Problem

Annabelle.

I like that name: it was the name I gave to the very first marijuana plant I ever grew [not that there has been - or are -many ;-) ].

I still have a leaf from her pressed in my photo album; right next to 3/4 sheet of blotter paper [I forget what was printed on them], someone sold it to a friend as a sheet of acid; Everything looked right, only the acid was missing [that's why it's only 3/4 a sheet: the rest was taken to see if it was fake or not. If it wasn't/isn't fake, it's damn weak].
 #15 
Old 2002-10-04, 04:49
Annabelle Annabelle is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Darvocet Tolerance Problem

Hehehe

Why thank you sweety It feels good for people to speak nicely here for a change!

Oh, I do have one question, if I want to exchange email addresses or icq numbers with someone here, how do I go about doing that? I figured you would know with all of your "experience" here hahaha
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics