About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-05, 20:44
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Shroom Cultivation

ok dont flame me and tell me to use a serch engine, i have but i want your favorite or most useful sites

im intrested in of course shroom cultivation. Has anyone attempted it and how was your experience? was it hard to do, collect materials, etc.

also if you have good links you like I'd appreciate it.
 #2 
Old 2002-09-05, 21:04
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

I'm growing right now and hopefully should have some later this month .

As for info, here is everything you will ever need to know:
www.fanaticus.com - Follow his method like a bible. Very good spore source
www.mycotopia.com - Has so many veteran growers on the boards that it's scary.
www.thesporeworks.com - good spore source and blazingly fast and professional. My source for research.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-05, 21:07
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

Shouldn't be too hard to cultivate. If you have the patience to cultivate Marijuana, shrooms should be good for you.

Also remember that the only real method for failure is not being clean enough in your attempts.

 #4 
Old 2002-09-05, 22:35
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

kamikaze, i cannot thank you enough for your posts, i think you'll become a mod soon enough if they need one.
http://www.erowid.org/plants/show_image.php3?image=mushrooms/cultivation_psilocybe_cubensis1.gif "P. cubensis growing in a cultivation chamber over a 24 hour period"

it said that, and then you said that "later this month"
so whats the normal duration of time from planting into the soil untill removing it?
 #5 
Old 2002-09-05, 23:47
acidmelt acidmelt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

planting in the soil??? Have you read nothing?? they are usually grown on cakes and you dont plant them, they grow from spores not seeds.
 #6 
Old 2002-09-05, 23:49
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

www.shroomery.org - mushroom city but watch out for a prick named Roadkill.
www.shroomwizard.com - nice casing method here!
www.thelittleguy.com - the best place for spores and syringes!
 #7 
Old 2002-09-06, 00:00
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

Lol, thanks Grunge, I'm just a research freak. I'm honored

The usual cultivation time is anywhere from 20-35 days normally. But it can take much more (not really less) depending on the growing conditions or given the fact that it was contaminated (and the spore actually won).

Also, you don't grow in soil. Most commonly used are: brown rice powder, birdseed, and rye berries/powder.

The image sequence you posted is after the Mycellium (what the spores grow into to spread around the growing area) had colonized the substrate (growing material). That usually takes about 3 weeks. After that (and after pinning), growing is very rapid.

I really recommend you read everything important in Fanaticus and let it soak in as it's the basics for growing.

Didn't answer the all important money question: I'm a poor kid so I've just bought the essentials (spore syringe, rice, birdseed, jars) and spent around $30. Considering a flush (amount grown on a cake at one harvest. (a cake can have multiple flushes)) usually has 5+ grams of dried shrooms and a gram around here costs $10..... Pretty good investment.


And no offense intended but I don't trust the Shroomery. Too many n00bs running their mouths.


[This message has been edited by TIN the Kamio (edited 09-06-2002).]
 #8 
Old 2002-09-06, 00:15
Schwabe The Zer0 Schwabe The Zer0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

okay, no flames please (less your breathing them...then take pics..err...nevermind)

but I know nothing of shrooms (could obviously read up on them though) but do you know if there are any that would grow in ne wisconsin forrests wildly, or would I have to have someone hook me up if I so wished...lol...if I so wisher...err....
 #9 
Old 2002-09-06, 00:31
Thoughtmonger Thoughtmonger is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

the only narcotic mushroom i've seen in the forests of the cheese state are Amanitas. Don't play around with them unless you know exactly what your doing.

as for Psilocybes (the magic kind):
go to the cow fields , Grasshopper.
there are alot in the dairyland. but its all about the place and time of year(temperature).
 #10 
Old 2002-09-06, 00:38
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

Yeah, in about a month should be a great time of year to go hunting up in Wisconsin (second to only May/June). Just make sure you know what you are looking for looks like. Also if you find any, take the time to slice open each one to make sure they are a normal whiteish blue color and not gray.
 #11 
Old 2002-09-06, 00:42
Thoughtmonger Thoughtmonger is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

yeah, I go by that and gill color and definite identifcation: spore print.

but,again you need to know exactly what your looking for.
 #12 
Old 2002-09-06, 01:40
Schwabe The Zer0 Schwabe The Zer0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

sweet, Ill remember that.....in a month....and def look up a bit on erowid....

 #13 
Old 2002-09-06, 02:45
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

Ok this is a stupid question but very simple

Where can i get shroom spores? i dont wanna order online. I have a 1/2 ounce of DRIED shrooms. Do i have to cut open the caps to acess them?

I read all the links from all the helpful people, and i totally understand (or i think!) the whole process, im gonna do a homemade one. Is there a possible way I can get spores from my dried shrooms i have now?
 #14 
Old 2002-09-06, 02:52
Thoughtmonger Thoughtmonger is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

quote:
Originally posted by grungymagician:
Ok this is a stupid question but very simple

Where can i get shroom spores? i dont wanna order online. I have a 1/2 ounce of DRIED shrooms. Do i have to cut open the caps to acess them?




Where? try some of the above links.

use snail-mail


[This message has been edited by Thoughtmonger (edited 09-06-2002).]
 #15 
Old 2002-09-06, 04:35
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

You might get lucky.

This might be over-elaborate but I'm also taking for granted that you don't have a syringe laying around.

Take a small clean glass and fill it with purified water (tap will work but more risky). Fill it with about 1/8 cup of water. Cover it with a piece of aluminum foil and secure it tightly with a rubber band.

Then place it in a pot (the stove variety, lol) and fill the pot up with water until there it almost touches the aluminum foil covering the glass (not too closely though). Heat the water to a medium-light boil for about 45min-1 hour. Let it cool till it's room temp.

After that, uncover the glass and quickly place a cap gills down over the glass (or holding it if it's too small, just wash your hands beforehand) and flick the top of the cap lightly for about 15 seconds. If you see many dark specks, you most likely have spores. Now cover the glass back up and now you have a makeshift spore "syringe".

Lol, or just order from fanaticus or thesporeworks. I'd suggest the Equador or B+ variety.
 #16 
Old 2002-09-06, 17:18
Sivvy Sivvy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

EASY if you know what your doing. HARD if your a dumb-fuck. Took me about 4 months from inoculation to harvesting fruit.

BEST spore place on the net
www.sporeworks.com
 #17 
Old 2002-09-06, 18:22
tryptamine tryptamine is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

You guys are all forgetting one of the best places out there; the hawks eye. www.thehawkseye.com this is where places like the little guy stole their worldwide spore collections from.

Peace
 #18 
Old 2002-10-20, 07:37
I'm The Little Guy I'm The Little Guy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

quote:
this is where places like the little guy stole their worldwide spore collections from.


No offense to you tryptamine but I really resent that remark.

TLG has gained such a large inventory of strains not from "stealing" but rather the hard work of our dedicated world travellers. These experts are skilled at ID'ing, collecting, and reproducing these elusive strains.

As for Ryche Hawk, the reason he and I have so many of the same strains is because we are both lucky enough to be direct benefactors of John Allen's work. It's that simple.

It's amazing to me to see people who know nothing about the business of selling spores becoming caught up in "lies and slander" against one vendor while "cheerleading" for another.

Reality demands we speak the truth.

http://www.thelittleguy.com ~ Clean and Viable Spores

[This message has been edited by I'm The Little Guy (edited 10-20-2002).]

[This message has been edited by I'm The Little Guy (edited 10-20-2002).]

[This message has been edited by I'm The Little Guy (edited 10-20-2002).]
 #19 
Old 2002-10-20, 12:53
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

quote:
Originally posted by I'm The Little Guy:
No offense to you tryptamine but I really resent that remark.

TLG has gained such a large inventory of strains not from "stealing" but rather the hard work of our dedicated world travellers. These experts are skilled at ID'ing, collecting, and reproducing these elusive strains.

As for Ryche Hawk, the reason he and I have so many of the same strains is because we are both lucky enough to be direct benefactors of John Allen's work. It's that simple.

It's amazing to me to see people who know nothing about the business of selling spores becoming caught up in "lies and slander" against one vendor while "cheerleading" for another.

Reality demands we speak the truth.

http://www.thelittleguy.com ~ Clean and Viable Spores

[This message has been edited by I'm The Little Guy (edited 10-20-2002).]

[This message has been edited by I'm The Little Guy (edited 10-20-2002).]

[This message has been edited by I'm The Little Guy (edited 10-20-2002).]



Hush, telemarketer
 #20 
Old 2002-12-09, 04:02
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

quote:
Originally posted by GW:
how hard are keepers kreeper to grow


As hard as any other P.Cubie to grow.
 #21 
Old 2002-12-09, 04:07
cheezzdipp cheezzdipp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

fuck! why is everything illegal in california!!!!!!!!!!
 #22 
Old 2002-12-09, 04:16
Green_Giant Green_Giant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shroom Cultivation

quote:
Originally posted by cheezzdipp:
fuck! why is everything illegal in california!!!!!!!!!!


Because its California.


Ho Ho Ho!

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics