About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-08, 03:06
Vicodin Vicodin is offline
Regular
 
Default Just smoked an Amp.

anyone else into these puppies on occasion? the idea scared me once upon a time, but then again, so did the idea of having to pay my own bills and i learned to get over that!

the hallucinations are pretty sketchy and it's taking forever to type this post.

later, it's tv time.
 #2 
Old 2002-08-08, 19:01
kronikus kronikus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Just smoked an Amp.

What did you smoke? Amphetamine or crystal?
 #3 
Old 2002-08-10, 02:14
maddcow007 maddcow007 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Just smoked an Amp.

Yes but, I think I better lay off the amphetamine's. I've been seeing shadows of people and other objects out of the corner of my eyes that aren't there. Not to mention the distant ringing of a telephone that isn't ringing.... .
 #4 
Old 2002-08-12, 17:18
Vicodin Vicodin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Just smoked an Amp.

AMP = a blunt dipped in embalming fluid.

although, amphetamines would have been nice too.
 #5 
Old 2002-08-12, 23:37
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Just smoked an Amp.

Do you know for a fact that it was dipped?

Because besides the formalin being real[ bad for you, there's a few other nasty things in real embalming fluid.

I'm usually pretty skeptical when I hear of someone doing such.

And before you ask: I was a mortician, so I know of what I speak here.
 #6 
Old 2002-08-13, 05:54
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Just smoked an Amp.

Formalin is a polymer of formaldehyde. When heated to a certain temperature it de-polymerizes and forms formaldehyde gass. Either way, it isn't good for you. Send all your formalin or formaldehyde solution to someone who can put it to better uses, like making methylamine.
 #7 
Old 2002-08-13, 10:26
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Just smoked an Amp.

quote:
Originally posted by madchemist:
Formalin is a polymer of formaldehyde. When heated to a certain temperature it de-polymerizes and forms formaldehyde gas. Either way, it isn't good for you. Send all your formalin or formaldehyde solution to someone who can put it to better uses, like making methylamine.


Damn Madchemist, it's been too many years since I switched from the science side of Biotech to the facility side, that I'm not sure of myself: I'm going to have to ask a scientist when I go in in a few hours.

I was sure, though, that they [the scientists] used formalin and formaldehyde interchangeable.

In fact, I would swear I asked one a couple of years ago - while doing a chemical inventory of the facility - what the difference between the two was, and being told 'nothing', that they were the same thing.

I'm not, in any way, doubting you, or saying you're wrong: I'm just saying what I had thought I remembered as being true.


So please don't take this as a flame - I do respect your advice and opinions and wish no ill feelings...


[On the other hand - having just re-read the above - don't anyone else take this for a**-kissing either ]
 #8 
Old 2002-08-13, 19:42
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Just smoked an Amp.

Yes formalin is just a solution of formaldehyde in water. But it forms polymers rapidly. If you look at a bottle of it thats been sitting out for a while, you'll notice waxy looking solid shit at the bottom, that is the polymers, and some do exist in suspension in the water, even if you can't see it. Chances are if a joint was dipped in it and dried, upon drying some polymerizes (go ahead and evaporate that formalin you'll see what I mean), and the rest is gone to the air with the water.
 #9 
Old 2002-08-13, 21:41
FortyOunces FortyOunces is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Just smoked an Amp.

well i dont know any of that fancy pants chem talk but i do know that emabalming fluid was a slang term for PCP because of the smell i made when burned now i dont think it smells like real formaldahyde but ive never smelled the real shit ive been told it is a horid smell and i kinda like the smell of dust though i think i might of been smokan it everytime it was smoked near me and when ur smokin something it never smells the same as when ur not smokin it but as far as i know embalming fluid is ust a stupid nickname and they are in no way related but i did see some kind of warning from the state of texas saying that smoking formaldahyde is horibly horible for you and its a carcinogen and so on im guessing that was some kind of anti drug propaganda or the myth that pcp is embalming fluid actually went as far as to make the anti drug people think that people are smoking embalming fluid, iduno
 #10 
Old 2002-08-13, 22:32
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Just smoked an Amp.

actually, people do smoke formaldehyde, stupid as that may seem...
 #11 
Old 2002-08-14, 01:57
JCX JCX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Just smoked an Amp.

Are you sure he didn't just smoke a blunt dipped in PCP? That would have been my guess.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics