|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-07-17, 10:33
|
Droogian 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Is Salvia legal?
I heard there's a drug grown in Mexico that isn't illegal (in the UK) called salvia. they say that its stronger than cannibis. I was wondering if it is legal in australia cause I wanna buy some over the net.
quote from the website [N.B. Please do not let our killjoy politicians find out about this wonderful plant, as they will no doubt want to ban it, which would of course put legitimate suppliers out of business and move the supply into the hands of organised criminal gangs who don't give a fuck about quality or value for money.]
|
|
#2
 2002-07-17, 11:36
|
6C 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
I know it's legal in the US and don't doubt that it's legal in Australia but I think it's next to impossible to have anything sent to you over there.
|
|
#3
 2002-07-17, 13:46
|
sassafras 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
Yes salvia is Legal, at least in the States. It is likely legal in Australia and there should be no problem having it shipped there. Salvia is nothing like Cannabis, it is the strongest hallucinogen known to mankind. That is likely the reason it is legal, because it is so strong people NEVER use it regularly and it doesn't have any addiction potential. Salvia could NEVER be a mainstream drug like Coke or Heroin.
|
|
#4
 2002-07-17, 14:37
|
trippin_fool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
Man, that stuff made me geek that bad I didn't even know I was geeking, didn't know my own name and other strange shit, like it felt like something ripped my soul out. I don't think it is worth the price, plus it makes you unberably hot and sweaty even in 50 degree weather. Also it only works a few times varying from person to person. To find out more or to order it go to www.club13.com
your local area communist
|
|
#5
 2002-07-17, 18:59
|
Burnout 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
Actually, I think Salvia Divinorum was just recently passed as being illegal in Australia.
Burnout
|
|
#6
 2002-07-17, 19:47
|
6C 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
You can have it shipped to Australia? I thought that was the strictest country to have anything sent to. I remember when they had a debate on whether or not to allow sea monkey eggs to be imported!
|
|
#7
 2002-07-18, 00:47
|
Bongman 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
It was recently made illegal in Australia. Sorry mate.
|
|
#8
 2002-07-18, 01:23
|
Sgt. Baker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
Not at all a substitute for cannabis. Don't even attempt to pretend it is. It is legal in the U.S., not sure about elsewhere. You cannot develop a tolerance to it so it will hit you just as hard whether it's your first time or 300th time trying it. This stuff will literally put you in another world. Literally 10 seconds after smoking it you better say bye bye to reality for a little while. I had to chase a guy down the street till he stopped about 1/4 mile away and shouted "How the fuck did I get here" He was the guy saying he could handle anything and trying to be all big and tough about handling his shit. If you have that attitude this stuff will step on your nutz and twist till there is nothing left.
|
|
#9
 2002-07-18, 02:21
|
6C 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
I think salvia will be my favorite drug. You can't get addicted to it, you can't OD on it, and you can get it for a good price at www.herbsmoke.com Everywhere else, this shit's expensive, but it's usually sold as extract.
For average poten sd leaves... 1/4 of gram for light high 2/4 of gram for medium high 3/4 and YOU ARE WASTED!!!
|
|
#10
 2002-07-18, 02:28
|
psycho0_1 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
in austra;lia salvia became illegal on 1st July it is in the samee schedule as heroin
|
|
#11
 2002-07-18, 02:31
|
r0k 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
if you dont buy the extract its not worth it
|
|
#12
 2002-07-18, 02:37
|
Burnout 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
quote: Originally posted by 6C: I think salvia will be my favorite drug. You can't get addicted to it, you can't OD on it, and you can get it for a good price at www.herbsmoke.com Everywhere else, this shit's expensive, but it's usually sold as extract.
For average poten sd leaves... 1/4 of gram for light high 2/4 of gram for medium high 3/4 and YOU ARE WASTED!!!
If I were you I wouldn't make it your favorite drug yet if you havent tried it. And those sites you are talking about still charge a sort of high ammount of money for salvia. And believe me, its not too fun to be wasted off salvia.. you probly wont even know where you are while your on it. And for most people, they only do it once then never again. Burnout
|
|
#13
 2002-07-18, 04:03
|
PsychoTropic 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
Salvia tastes terrible when you smoke it.
|
|
#14
 2002-07-18, 12:29
|
Droogian 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
FUck. I knew I shoulda read this post. I just sent off for like 10 grams worth... cost me shit loads to exchange into UK pounds. Fuck, I thought it'd be OK cause I called up a nursery to see if they sold it and they said yes, but it was an annual plant and came in season during summer. I figured, must be legal, but its probably a different variety of salvia. dum fucking IDIOT. fuck im poor again.
|
|
#15
 2002-07-18, 13:07
|
Droogian 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
DOes anyone know how customs work? Is there any chance that after finding the salvia they'll send it back to the UK? (in which case the guy will give me a refund).
|
|
#16
 2002-07-18, 23:39
|
Sgt. Baker 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
BTW salvia is sage. Many types of sage but the one being discussed here is salvia divinorum. Most nurserys don't carry it.
|
|
#17
 2002-10-27, 14:37
|
PermanentDaylight 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
I'm not sure abou salvia's legal status in the UK. As far as I know it's perfectly legal to grow or purchase but it's illegal to smoke it. See we have these laws in the UK that make it perfectly legal to possess some drugs but not USE them but no-one cares ;-). Anyway like I said salvia is legal and can be quite easily purchased from a lot of shops. May I recommend Dr. Herman's if anyone ever visits Manchester :-)
|
|
#18
 2002-10-27, 22:10
|
Ratty 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
yea i read austrailia is the only place that salvia i illegal. as for mot people only trying it once, i really like it and have been a die hard fan for over 6 months.
|
|
#19
 2002-10-27, 23:00
|
enigmaXesp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
quote: Originally posted by Droogian:
Fuck, I thought it'd be OK cause I called up a nursery to see if they sold it and they said yes, but it was an annual plant and came in season during summer. I figured, must be legal, but its probably a different variety of salvia. dum fucking IDIOT. fuck im poor again.
whoa you can find this "salvia" at plant places or plant nurseries??? in america?
|
|
#20
 2002-10-28, 00:14
|
Ratty 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
yea salvia has over 500 strains so finding it in a nursery wouldn't be a problem. finding salvia divinorum in a nursery is a different story
|
|
#21
 2002-10-28, 01:42
|
GhettoJ 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
Salvia is going to be made illeagal in the U.S. http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/dll/salvia_divinorum_action_center.htm
|
|
#22
 2002-10-28, 02:08
|
Rapz Prophet 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
how do you grow this?
|
|
#23
 2002-10-29, 01:05
|
ADeityDethroned 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
I just read the first few posts to this, so some of the information I'm about to post may have been already stated. I've been using salvia for about a year now, I've been growing it for five months or so. It's legal to grow, sell, and use in the US, although they're trying to make it illegal...but they're not having any luck doing so. So far, Australia is the only place where it is illegal. Tests have been run to find out just how it works, but they're not quite sure...they believe thus far that it actually makes your brain shift into an REM (Rapid Eye Movement <Dreaming> ) sleep pattern, but while fully awake...conscious dreaming if you will. It does NOT show up in drug tests. It's by far one of my favorite "Drugs,"...you only need a pinch, and for those who are curious on mixing it with other drugs...don't. It ruins the trip. Weed seemed to have no effect while I was tripping, and cocaine actually killed the trip dead in seconds...stick with straight up salvia when you smoke it. It's best to use a pipe, and a butane (torch) lighter. Inhale as hard, deep, and fast as possible, then hold it in for as long as you can. Brace yourself. It is extremely intense in the 7X and 10X extractions, with hallucinations lasting for up to 15 minutes, and a body buzz for about an hour. By the way...when you smoke it, don't listen to music, don't watch TV, and if you are doing it with someone, tell them to keep quiet...television and music, including people's voices, make you extremely agitated and angry...even violent at times. Do it in a dark and peaceful environment. Have fun, but don't do anything stupid...it's only going to give the government a reason to make it illegal.
|
|
#24
 2002-10-29, 01:39
|
ADeityDethroned 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
Also, I forgot to mention...it is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to use a torch lighter. A simple flame will not do the trick, you need to vaporize the salvia to activate the Salvinorium A...something you can only do with a torch flame.
Yes, this means it must be smoked out of a pipe as well.
|
|
#25
 2002-10-29, 01:50
|
SSP 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
I like salvia, I tried it Friday, even though I didn't break through (I don't think), doesn't really matter, I got it for free. I smoked it with a butane lighter, so I think I reached near breaking through.
My experience was 1-2 minutes: weed-like body high, but my mind was moving straight, yet flowing, not splitting off constantly like pot 3-7 minutes: The room was shifting and spinning and chaning shapes and it felt like my arms and legs had folded into my body. I wasn't actually seeing the room changing around, I just knew it was, hard to explain. I sat back down because I was getting uncomfortable and my friends were in the room talking and I sort of forgot they were there and that I was there and everything felt like a really long time. It felt like I had become part of the walls/room and my body (which wasn't really there even) was changing shapes along with the room. 8-10 minutes: I snapped back into reality and for the first 10 seconds or so I was paranoid as hell. It felt somehow that everything that was around me had changed and I thought them all giggling wereout to get me. I realised where I was again, I kept my cool and talked to about what happened and then I tried the "salvia dance" that everyone else was doing. Because your body feels sort of folded up, Its wierd to wiggle around like a worm. Then for about 30 minutes after that I felt a weed-like body high and time seemed to move slightly faster.
The main things I remember about it were the time disorientation, spatial disorientation and this feeling that your body was very, very small.
So to the habitual salvia users, about how close did I come to breaking through?
|
|
#26
 2002-10-29, 02:50
|
ADeityDethroned 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
It sounds like you got a really good trip...but I recommend trying it more and more. You see, Salvia is one of the only drugs with reverse tolerance...the more you do it, the harder it hits you the next time. Thus, your first trip ever off salvia will be your weakest...pretty soon, you'll have glowing dwarves telling you that you're going to live with them forever...
|
|
#27
 2002-11-01, 04:14
|
metul 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
ADeityDethroned...where have (YOU) found your best source for Salvia D?
Can anyone tell me of any success with herbsmoke.com? before i buy
|
|
#28
 2002-11-02, 16:19
|
ADeityDethroned 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
I usually buy Salvia at a local place (Downtown Houston area <Texas> ) called Mazatec Garden. If you go to High Times or any nearby smoke shop that sells Salvia, there is a good chance it was produced by Mazatec Garden. One gram of 10X from them costs $30.00, and one gram of 10X costs $40.00 at High Times and most smoke shops...simply so the shop itself can make some profit off it I assume. The cheapest I've seen a gram of 10X run for is $25.00 from www.shamanshop.net I've never bought from the Shaman Shop, so if anyone has or does, give me a little feedback on the quality...the $5 difference would be a big help in the long run. Thanks.
|
|
#29
 2002-11-02, 22:24
|
6C 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
I smoked some SD a little while ago and whoever said anything but the extracts is a waste of time is absolutely right! And whoever said it tastes like shit and has bad flavor is damn well correct! I dont like this stuff but Im making extract as soon as I get some acetone.
|
|
#30
 2002-11-03, 00:13
|
Neiztsche 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
Check to make sure that their standarized extract is really "standardized", then only purchase that. The "organic" is bullshit.
Thier standardized 10x is $30 -not bad. But you should email them to find out exactly how many mg's of salvinorin A is added per gram. It should be 23mg salvinorin A added to regular leaf (2mg/gram) totaling 25mg's per gram. Beware that a lot of sites claim to sell standarized extract when in fact it is not. The pure compound salvinorin A is very difficult to aquire and most sites don't have the resources to get it.
I also seriously doubt that any headshop carries real standardized extract.
|
|
#31
 2002-11-06, 05:11
|
firefreedom 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
What do u mean breakin' through?
|
|
#32
 2002-11-06, 18:17
|
Neiztsche 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
There are two different stages to a salvia experience: one pre-breakthrough and the breakthrough.
The pre-breakthrough is a very trippy heavy stoned feeling where one is still in contact with reality. The world may appear in 2D, you may get the salvia "pull" in certain direction, you may be very confused but you are still able to move around, use your senses and hold somewhat of a conversation with someone.
The breakthrough experience is something enitirely different. It happens in just a few seconds after the critical mass of salvinorin enters the brain. This is like a hammer to the back of the head.... POW!blackout from ego and reality as you know it. You may not have any idea who you are, where you are, or if in fact you are even a human being. You have little or no contact with the physical world (you should be restrained by a sitter at this point as you could do damage to your body or your environment). You may see the "zipper"... a multidimensional winding tear in the fabric of space-time. You may see or feel that life as you once thought of it has ended or that life as you knew it was just a "sick joke". This all may be very frightening like a very real nightmare but upon coming back to reality you are comforted by the fact that it was all just a drug you took.
200mg of standarized 10x salvia was on the order of 3 times more powerful than 12mg's of 5-MeO-DMT for me....by far the strongest hallucinogen I've every consumed.
|
|
#33
 2002-11-06, 20:08
|
firefreedom 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
hey thanx for the info. u said that in the breakthrough stage u may feel that life is a sick joke. --i know that when i used to trip off lsd a lot, it gave me this sense along with a lot of negativity in every aspect of my visualizations that was in fact "fake" as of now, but very real when dosing. and who knows, maybe it is real, but one cannot judge that being sober.
---so is that SD feeling of a sick joke alike that of LSD?
|
|
#34
 2002-12-27, 11:41
|
SageWisdom 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
So where is a place someone has purchased, smoked, and been completely satisfied with Salvia Divinorum? Also, I live in Chicago. If anyone else does, e-mail me, and I could possibly purchase from you, or discover your source, or find out if any headshops sell it.
|
|
#35
 2002-12-27, 15:21
|
one man riot 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
Let's say I were to get some of this legal shit from herbsmoke or club 13...do i just pack my bowl full of it and go? or is the butane lighter necessary? if so, why?
|
|
#36
 2002-12-27, 15:22
|
CRaZyAmishMaN 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
i've been told you should measure the amount of it.
a butane torch lighter is necessary because the salvia has a high vaporization point which is not always reached with a normal cig lighter.
you need as much vaporized salvia in your lungs at one time as possible.
|
|
#37
 2002-12-27, 17:15
|
DuBzZz420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
Salvia has some great hallucinogenic effects and can be either smoked, chewed, or held in the mouth. Forms generally found are in a plant, liquid, or dried and crush. Check out www.shamanshop.net where they do sell salvia and other legal substances (some shrooms, smokes, and others. Good luck dealing with the new legal consequences in Australia.
|
|
#38
 2002-12-27, 21:51
|
psycho0_1 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
yes salvia is definitely illegal in australia, it is classed as schedule 8(?) which means it is as illegal as heroin and such, but in victoria there is a loophole. it is under the foods act not thje drugs act which means you can only get a fine at the most.
------------- the only difference between a medicine and a poison is the dosage!
|
|
#39
 2002-12-27, 21:57
|
Kendjo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
quote: Originally posted by trippin_fool: Man, that stuff made me geek that bad I didn't even know I was geeking, didn't know my own name and other strange shit, like it felt like something ripped my soul out. I don't think it is worth the price, plus it makes you unberably hot and sweaty even in 50 degree weather. Also it only works a few times varying from person to person. To find out more or to order it go to www.club13.com
your local area communist
the feeling it gave me was a spinning in my arm, sorta dizziness, and it speread to my abdomen then when it reached my head, i forgot what i was doing, my name ect. I hated the feeling, me loving weed, i saw a dimebag of what appeared to be fake weed, i thought my bro got ripped off (he did get ripped off) this shit smelled like fish food. From personal experience don't do salvia, its nothing like weed, and in my opinion it isn't a buzz at all, more like torture.
|
|
#40
 2002-12-27, 22:01
|
Kendjo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
quote: Originally posted by Burnout: If I were you I wouldn't make it your favorite drug yet if you havent tried it. And those sites you are talking about still charge a sort of high ammount of money for salvia. And believe me, its not too fun to be wasted off salvia.. you probly wont even know where you are while your on it. And for most people, they only do it once then never again.
I hated the buzz so much i felt like protesting or at least telling the local headshop that he is doing a bad deed. i did it once and i wouldn't do it again.
Burnout
|
|
#41
 2002-12-27, 22:04
|
Kendjo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
quote: Originally posted by GhettoJ: Salvia is going to be made illeagal in the U.S. http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/dll/salvia_divinorum_action_center.htm
sorry but this makes me happy, im am very glad that this is gonna be outlawed, its evil, too many people who can't get canibus have sd as thier last resort, well its nothing like weed, just smoke weed its so much better, sd will ruin a bong in my opinion with that taste
|
|
#42
 2002-12-27, 22:08
|
Kendjo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
quote: Originally posted by ADeityDethroned: ...including people's voices, make you extremely agitated and angry...even violent at times.
I kept feeling like i was leaning back, in to the bed or chair, when the buzz kicked in, well all in all i just got pissed for no reason, and paranoid and delusional, i had a feeling my bros wife was gonna knock on the door, then she did and i wanted to jump up and kill her with a knife, i don't know why, just agitated, and everything just started pissin me off, even when i did it by myself. [This message has been edited by Kendjo (edited 12-27-2002).]
|
|
#43
 2002-12-27, 22:17
|
Kendjo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Is Salvia legal?
quote: Originally posted by Kendjo: the feeling it gave me was a spinning in my arm, sorta dizziness, and it spread to my abdomen then when it reached my head, i forgot what i was doing, my name ect.
I hated the feeling, being a weed lover, i saw a dimebag of what appeared to be fake weed, i thought my bro got ripped off (he did get ripped off) this shit smelled like fish food.
From personal experience don't do salvia, its nothing like weed, and in my opinion it isn't a buzz at all, more like torture.
It was somthing else, but not pleasurable
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|