|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-07-09, 01:05
|
confuzious 
Regular
|
|
|
|
dramamine
I took it last night, with a friend. I took 8 (400mg) he took the other 4. After about an hour, I started feeling a little weird, and I had a hard time staying awake. A little later, I was sitting in his living room, and I thought someone was calling my name. That was the only hallucination I had the whole time. After what i'd heard about this, I was sorta expecting to be seeing stuff, but it was more like being stoned and drunk. My friend claims to have seen a cat and thought the ceiling was covered in jelly, as well as hearing someone come up behind him reapeatedly. As far as I can tell, I've been perfectly fine today, no headache or anything at all.
|
|
#2
 2002-07-09, 01:52
|
SomeEverydayNobody 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: dramamine
Your friends a fucking lyer, or has NO tollerance to ANY drug! (Ie: He eats a rum ball and drops dead from alcohol poisoning!) I think Dramamine contains dimenhydrinate, or diphinhydrinate. I just dont know the name. In any case, it is HALF the strength of diphenhydramine. Which means, on levels of diphenhydramine, you did 200mg, and he did 100mg! 50mg of diphenhydramine, is whats in common OTC sleeping pills! He did not see jelly, and cats!
Your trip doesnt urprise me, as the first time I did diphen. I also did 200mg (Remember, your 400mg of dimen. is equal to 200mg of diphen.!) and it felt pretty cool looking beyond the tiredness! Unfortunatly tollerance is a quick thing to gain, as it seemed for me. I cant recall how many tiems Ive done it, but I started at 200mg, and last trip was at 450mg. Never to see one thing, except while walkign home on 400mg, I saw a pile of leaves that looked like a dead woman, and a treee that looked like a guy. On 450mg however, I remember feeling as if I pretty much was fully concious and new what was goign on, but to think back to it, I cant even reemmber HOW I got to the street I ended up on, beause I dont know what order I did the things I can remember in! Bah!
I personally dont midn it. The sleepyness SUCKS, but you cant beat the price. 20, 50mg sleeping pills (thats 50mg of diphenhydramine) costs 2.99, so thats enough for 2 doses.
What I suggest if you ever wanna do this again, is goto the drug store, and look for the generic brand of sleeping pills. Get the oens containing 50mg diphenhydramine (usually the ectra strength ones) and make sure they dont have accetominaphine or anything in them. (they shouldnt)
if you do 200mg again (yes yes your 400mg of dimen. is equal to 200mg of diohen. just repeating cuz i know theres a lot of stupid epopel out there!) youwont be pleased. less euphoria, FAR FAR less. and just a lot of sleepyness. I believe on my second trip I did 300mg, and it was like doing 200mg the first time. Ide go for 350mg. Do it with your friend being SOBER, and walk around. Thats what I must emphasize. Ive done it at home, and its not as fun as when walking around. For one, you CANT sleep while wlaking donw the street, two, its more of a random setting, in the sense that you never know what can truly happen, and you will find things, like a loud thud of a truck, to feel like you just blew a load in some chicks face. I dont know if you felt this at home, but surprising noises and sounds, feel amazing, and make you go weak at the knees!
When doing it I would usually go walking alone, simply cuz I like experimenting by myself, and after doing it with a friend, found their jaber to be annoying, so continued on by myself. Its fun to be walking and just thinking about something, and like just in the middle of the thought, its gone. 100% gone with ZERO warning. You cant even remember the things that led to what you where thinkign about. While wlaking to a mall once it started to kick in, and about 4 times I foubnd myself confused as to which direction I was walking. This mall reuires walkign pretty much 95% of the time down one straight road, linned on both side with golf courses! So ide be walking and have to stop to see where Im going cuz i honestly didnt know if I turned around or not! Crazy shit. (good thing theres a bridge there, so I could easily see the bridge behind me and know I wa son the right track!)
I just gotta say, that beyond the bad parts of this drug (sleepyness, and difficulty getting to sleep [very ironic!]) it can be pretty trippy, even without halucinations!
Give it another go in my opinion!
|
|
#3
 2002-07-09, 02:46
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: dramamine
Some nobody is a fucking idiot. He has no idea of differing neurochemical levels.
Some people are affected by drugs in different ways. For example, left handed people, in general, are effected by alcohol to a greater degree than right handed people...
To repeat, ignore everything that Nobody says. I just got a free coffee... How much cooler can you get, really?
|
|
#4
 2002-07-09, 02:47
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: dramamine
Forgot to add...
Doing OTC's is a bad idea. Why do you suppose they're so easy to get? They cause brain damage and are no fun.
|
|
#5
 2002-07-09, 03:01
|
SomeEverydayNobody 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: dramamine
Obviously YOURE an idiot! What would you like me to do, delve into his brain and compile information on how he should do drugs from there? What I told him was based on personal experiences, and experiences Ive read/been told. Plus, 200mg of dimenhydrinate is not going to do ANYTHING more then cause sleepyness. You think the people who make sleeping pills just say, "Hey, you know if someone takes two of these cuz theyre really having sleeping problems, theyll trip out like crazy? Oh, well. SHIP EM OFF ANYWAYS!"
I repeat, obviously YOURE an idiot!
"Doing OTC's is a bad idea. Why do you suppose they're so easy to get? They cause brain damage and are no fun."
Ummm, most, infact a lot of drugs can damage the brain. Just because theyre not regulated by the government doesnt make them any more dangerous then street drugs. hell, it makes them safer! The reason theyre not regulated is because (Using diphenhydramine as an example) the side effects can be so extreme as to ward off most users. If youve ever done it youde know how tired it makes you. So, I suggest that you stp speaking out of your ass Z3m!
|
|
#6
 2002-07-09, 15:34
|
SUPERKILLER1911 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: dramamine
Ouch...
|
|
#7
 2002-07-09, 21:14
|
|
Regular
|
|
Downey California
|
|
Re: dramamine
Is he supposed to feel pain? I find it suspect that someone can become so defensive at something as trivial as drug advice. A civil conversation starts and this nobody starts bemoaning and yelling like a Southern Baptist Minister.
Take that as evidence that OTCs do cause brain damage, in nobodys case, serotonin receptors. But he seems right about your friend who took the four capsules. The dudes lyin.
|
|
#8
 2002-07-09, 22:59
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: dramamine
Somenobody... I have taken it and I was wrong to claim your dosage advice was wrong. I neglected to look it up before I posted it.
I still think you're one of the less intelligent people posting here, though.
|
|
#9
 2002-07-09, 23:37
|
6C 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: dramamine
Hey, I got some Benadrylls, they contain 50mg of dipenhydrinana-whatever! So should I take 4 pills? Can I take the liquid and pour it on a piece of paper and sell it as, "DIP, the new drug on the streets!"
|
|
#10
 2002-07-10, 02:17
|
Kiddex 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: dramamine
quote: Originally posted by Z3m: Forgot to add...
Doing OTC's is a bad idea. Why do you suppose they're so easy to get? They cause brain damage and are no fun.
As a general rule of thumb that is no more or less true than for illegal substances. OTCs are easy to get because they are safe and effective for treating a medical condition and they are deemed to have low abuse potential. I've never heard anything about Diphenhydramine or Dimenhydrinate causing brain damage, and the hypotheses about DXM are extremely limited.
|
|
#11
 2002-07-10, 02:48
|
SomeEverydayNobody 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: dramamine
quote: Originally posted by Z3m: Somenobody... I have taken it and I was wrong to claim your dosage advice was wrong. I neglected to look it up before I posted it.
I still think you're one of the less intelligent people posting here, though.
So, you come to the conclusion, that YOU where saying things based on mis-information, or simply straight out ignorance, and then claim that I am one of the less intelligent people on the board? Well, everyone is entitled to an opinion, it just seems this one is as well thought out as your opinion about dramamine dosages! And lokil, I dont see anythign showing me as more defensive then him. Infact, I wasnt trying to be defensive at all. I'm just a generally agressive person, and I do get pissed at stuff easily. Even trivial things! (Nope, its got nothign to do with any brain damage, Ive always been agressive even scince I was little!) So I was in more of a "You're a fucking idiot!" mood then a "No! Im right, because of this, and this, and this...."... Also, I dont think anyone needs evidence that OTC's cause brain damage! Like I said, every drug damages you somehow, and a lot of them, do damage to yoru rbain1 INCLUDING OTC'S! But, then again youre American so I'll let your stupid comments pass! (j/k)
|
|
#12
 2002-07-10, 03:05
|
6C 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: dramamine
quote: Originally posted by SomeEverydayNobody: then again youre American so I'll let your stupid comments pass! (j/k)
I find that very offensive man. I gotta agree with Kiddex on this one (and you, SEN). [This message has been edited by 6C (edited 07-10-2002).]
|
|
#13
 2002-07-10, 03:09
|
SomeEverydayNobody 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: dramamine
Dont take it to personally, it was just a joke! I didnt mean anything serious by it.
|
|
#14
 2002-07-10, 05:32
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: dramamine
Well, Kiddex, you're right as long as these otc's are taken at the RECOMENDED doses...
If a drug is being studied for it's possible cause of neurologicalatrophy, as drams are, I'd rather not take it. I shouldn't have taken it when I was kid... Just passing that along.
And DXM certainly causes damage. From personal experience, I can tell you. It did more harm to my friends than did ketamine as far as I could tell.
And nobody, I've not got the patience to reply... I think any literate person is already thinking what I would post in responce, anyway. Love ya lots, cuttie.
|
|
#15
 2002-07-10, 07:01
|
SomeEverydayNobody 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: dramamine
The thing about OTC's though Z3n, is that most of the time, soemone will play with em a few times, and be done. However, with street drugs, people will do them for longer periods. The OTC's can have very disturbing side effects, plus companies add shit like acetaminophin, for 'pain reliefe' but in reality, I can see it as being there, undoubtidly, to ward of recreational users.
So, though they CAN be worse. you have to think of it on a dosage level. People arent going to do diphenhydramine as much, because the fucking sleepyness is HORRIBLE. And you cant get to sleep at night. And theres a 50/50 chance of feelign like shit the next morning!
Ill admit, if you look past it (which isnt to hard) the high can be fun. However, I wont do it again, simply because of the side effects. And thats exactly my point. Street drugs, are generally designed to get one high, without the shit of bad side effects, while trying to enjoy yourself!
However, they still have long term side effects, and these drugs will more often be done for longer periods of time, as I said (and you cans ee why!) and in turn, will end up hurting a person more in the end.
Of course this all means shit, as I cant say what everyone does, or wants to do. Also DXM has little to no side effects, so it can be bad. However it is tricky to obtain pure, and msot dont wanna goto the trouble, nor do they wanna dirnk a bottle of cough syrup!
I hope you see where Im getting at.......
|
|
#16
 2002-07-10, 17:27
|
sassafras 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: dramamine
Its a snap to get PURE DXM off the net for dirt cheap, ever do a search???? Never done dramamine myself, don't think I'll ever try through
|
|
#17
 2002-07-10, 19:41
|
6C 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: dramamine
Sassafras is right (as usual) you can get pure DXM at www.chicochemical.com
|
|
#18
 2002-07-10, 20:16
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: dramamine
There used to be these cough drops with DXM on the market for about 2 months. The dex was the only thing NOT water soluable... I think you know what that meant to us kiddies.
|
|
#19
 2002-07-11, 07:16
|
SomeEverydayNobody 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: dramamine
Youre right, getting DXM is cheap and easy, Im just saying most of the kids wont goto the effoirt. If they would, why all the cough syrup? You can get a million times more form chico (exagurating obviously) for like the price of 4 bottles of cough syrup.
But like I said, not many kids will goto the trougle of orderign it online, so will simply quit not far after realizing how horrible cough syrup tastes!
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|