|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2002-07-01, 20:01
|
Ecko 
Regular
|
|
|
|
acetaminophen probs
ok ive used to search engine and i get the idea that vicoden is WAY too discussed around here so i apologize in advance, but i couldn't find the answer to my problem here.
Me and my friends have recently started takin vicoden on a rather regular basis, but a couple of my friends have the WORST side effects from takin more than 2000 mg of vicoden (note i say vicoden, not breaking up into ingredients yet).
They turn really pale and feel hella sick and nauseous. They are fine on around 1500 except they (ofcourse) don't feel as euphoric as desired.
Now im wonderring if this side effect is probably the acetaminophen or the hydrocodone? And also, in the difference between 500, 750, and 1000 mg pills, i know they got 5, 7.5, and 10 mg of hydrocodoen (respectively) but how much does each pill have of acetominophen?
If indeed its the acetominophen thats causin them to feel sick, perhaps if one of the three types of pills has less of it, we could take more of that.
Or perhaps theres a good extraction technique to get rid of the acetaminophen? thx in advance -
|
|
#2
 2002-07-01, 20:03
|
Ecko 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: acetaminophen probs
erm the reason i mention that its only a couple of people is because i really have no trouble takin upwards to 3500 mg worth of pills, so perhaps its an allergy thing? not sure. just thought i'd mention...
|
|
#3
 2002-07-02, 00:25
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: acetaminophen probs
First I will answer your question [to the best of my knowledge]. Unless your friends have extremely bad livers to begin with, then it is the opiate that is causing it. Opiate do that to most people; make then nauseated. Second: You say 'on a rather regular basis'. How often is this regular, for how long have you been doing it? Lastly: You say you know there's been quite a few topics on Vicodins, have you bothered to read them through? If so, didn't you read what I've been saying? If you didn't answer my question above, please do so now [how often & for how long]. Do you realize what you're risking?
Or do you not believe me?
Or do you not believe it could happen to you [that it's a matter of 'will power' and you got it covered]
[This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 07-02-2002).]
|
|
#4
 2002-07-02, 05:00
|
Ecko 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: acetaminophen probs
thanks for the info.. and about your questions... perhaps "regular basis" is the incorrect term, i can go once a weekend or so some of my friends a bit more, its rather hard to find the pills sometimes (although theres enough kids our age gettin wisdom teeth removed or have parents with surgeries that we can usually find sufficient enough to jack). and don't take this as any kind of disrespect, i don't doubt your knowledge of the topic is vastly greater than mine, but most people can't be told when is too much.. they must realize it for themselves off of their own experience. until then.. im fine  . it is so odd though.. why cant they handle anymore than like 1500 mg worth of tablets when others can go for much more? somethin bout just them, or perhaps what they eat? maybe a mindset/placebo effect? very odd :/.
|
|
#5
 2002-07-02, 19:20
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: acetaminophen probs
quote: Originally posted by Ecko: and don't take this as any kind of disrespect, i don't doubt your knowledge of the topic is vastly greater than mine, but most people can't be told when is too much.. they must realize it for themselves off of their own experience.
until then.. im fine .
No disrespect taken, thank you. And you are absolutly right: you can't tell someone when is too much [when I drank I was always told that I had had enough. I laways replied that I wanted more thsn enough]. I wouldn't listen to anyone when I was younger, and don't really expect anyone now to listen to me. And in most things I won't even waste the energy to try. I do with opiates, though. If even one person listens to me [and I know at least some have] then it is worth the effort and energy. I guess I somehow still didn't make my pont clear here. With opiates, having had too much usually means addiction. And once you've got to that point life will never be the same. That's why I try to tell people; in hope that they stop before it gets to that point. quote: it is so odd though.. why cant they handle anymore than like 1500 mg worth of tablets when others can go for much more? somethin bout just them, or perhaps what they eat? maybe a mindset/placebo effect? very odd :/.
Yeah, pretty much, I guess. Different body chemistries and all...
|
|
#6
 2002-07-03, 22:24
|
kronikus 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: acetaminophen probs
Don't worry meta, I've heard your preaching on opiates over the months and it's definately shed light on my use of them. I didn't know a lot about them when I started using them, only that they give you a killer high. I don't want to say that you've kept me from addiction, but i am WAY more carefull about using them now. Now I try to convince my friends who use them to be responsable. And there has been a few that I couldn't reach, who never thought popping pills could overcome their willpower. Now one of my buddies can't stop popping percs. I don't wish that fate upon anyone, and I hope that all your posts have inlightened others as well.
|
|
#7
 2002-07-06, 02:40
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: acetaminophen probs
Thank you for letting me know that.
I knew there was a person or two who found value in my posts.
I don't only write about opiates; I do have [believe it or not] a rather large amount of information on a wide range of topics.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|