About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-07-01, 19:26
blazeitup420 blazeitup420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Shooting up

i just wanna say right now... i dont think that shooting up is good for anyone and i think its a bad idea... and i really think it can fuck up your life..and i would never do it.. but anyway 2 of my friends are going to do it... and i wanna be there when they do it... i know people are gonna bash me for asking this... but what is the proper way to do it.. ive heard various things about a little water mixed with dope on cotton... taking blood first.. but if any1 knows how to do it post it .. and dont keep telling me this is a bad idea i already know this is fucking stupid for them to do.. but if they do it i wanna make sure they do it right
 #2 
Old 2002-07-02, 00:36
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Shooting up

I've never done myself, but have seen others do too many times over the years.

You don't say what it is they're shooting.

I'm afraid I can't help you: To do so would be condoning it and I don't.

I understand you wanting to be sure they do it right if they're going to do it, but I doubt anything you learn by reading would help them if it came to them needing it.

BTW, not add to what is already pretty negative to sound, by the sounds of it, but if it does happen to be heroin they're shooting, they can kiss life as they know it now bye-bye.

I know people who have done dope on occasion and never got addicted [despite what some may think I've written, I have said that I know it can be done because I know people who've done and continue to do it occasionally with out getting addicted: But not a single person I know who has ever shot it did not become addicted in a you-wouldn't-believe-me-if-I-told-you amount of time.
 #3 
Old 2002-07-02, 00:41
blazeitup420 blazeitup420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

yea thats exactly wat i mean it will really fuck up there lives and i relize that.. and im just there to supervise in case of an OD or sumthing... but yea i meant heroin... so its pretty much a defineite they will be addicted after the first
 #4 
Old 2002-07-03, 06:13
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

Have them sniff or smoke the heroine. I think it can be done either way. Dont hold me to that though! Check erowid to be sure. But yeah, at least its better then shooting up.
 #5 
Old 2002-07-03, 16:42
blazeitup420 blazeitup420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

o trust me all of us have done that a number of times... but they wanna bring it to the next level...
 #6 
Old 2002-07-03, 17:14
D.N.S D.N.S is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

i condone shooting up so ill give you a good link just go to this site it teaches how to shoot up and it helped me out alot www.harmreduction.org be careful though man and as sterile as possible


[This message has been edited by D.N.S (edited 07-03-2002).]
 #7 
Old 2002-07-03, 17:36
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

I seriously wouldnt have given him the link. If hes smart, without proper info they wouldnt have done it, which is best! Either way, try not to become a hopeless addict!
 #8 
Old 2002-07-03, 19:08
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Shooting up

quote:
Originally posted by blazeitup420:
but yea i meant heroin... so its pretty much a defineite they will be addicted after the first


Technically speaking? No, you don't become addicted from just shooting it once.

For all practical purposes? Yes, they will.

{As just about everyone knows by now] I now many people who do it. Many use a needle, but only a small small number of them started out like that. The rest all started by snorting or smoking. They, too, then wanted to try the next level.

Problem is that it is almost always a one way trip - not many go back down a level or two.

They will like it too much and eventually they will get hooked.

While I do know a couple of people who have used for years without ever doing it often enough to get addicted, none of them use a needle - nobody, that I know, who uses a needle hasn't become addicted.

Now that doesn't mean that there aren�t people out there who use a needle and have for a long time without getting addicted. My hats off to them; that must be some real willpower they've got.

I really hope I'm wrong about what will happen to them - remember: addiction ain't the worst thing that can happen [but you already know this: I know].

I did have a friend - one of the guitarists in my band, who was mostly a pot smoker [with acid tossed in here and there], got talked into trying some dope by our drummer. He's one of the few who tried needles right out of the gate [our drummer could sell a computer to a Luddite]. He only tried it, I think it was, three times.

The last one was his last one. I still vividly recall getting the phone call from the drummers girlfriend saying that he was dead.

I don't care how many years you been around death, even as a mortician [as I once was], you never get used to a person that you care about dying. Especially in such a totally unavoidable way.
 #9 
Old 2002-07-03, 19:12
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

No offence to your drummer, but its the price for that extreme level of stupidity!
 #10 
Old 2002-07-03, 21:48
blazeitup420 blazeitup420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

quote:
Originally posted by SomeEverydayNobody:
I seriously wouldnt have given him the link. If hes smart, without proper info they wouldnt have done it, which is best! Either way, try not to become a hopeless addict!



its not me...and even if THEY dont get the proper info they will try it anyway
 #11 
Old 2002-07-04, 04:53
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Shooting up

quote:
Originally posted by SomeEverydayNobody:
No offence to your drummer, but its the price for that extreme level of stupidity!


You're right but the wrong guy paid for it, IMO
 #12 
Old 2002-07-05, 21:57
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

quote:
Originally posted by SomeEverydayNobody:
I seriously wouldnt have given him the link. If hes smart, without proper info they wouldnt have done it, which is best! Either way, try not to become a hopeless addict!


They're gonna do it with or with the fuckin link or anyone's help!
 #13 
Old 2002-07-06, 19:54
J.C. Stanton J.C. Stanton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/miscellaneous_drug_information/164903.html

This is a manual on how to shoot-up safely.

J.C.
 #14 
Old 2002-07-07, 01:01
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

I've slammed heroin. I did it once and I didn't like it. Much rather eat methadone.
 #15 
Old 2002-07-07, 08:17
D.N.S D.N.S is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

methadone doesnt get you high man and that linkis the same thing as my link cept someone took off that site and put it on totse go to harmreduction simply cus it has pictorial guides
 #16 
Old 2002-07-08, 04:21
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

Methadone doesn't get you high? Then what have I been eating?!

Fucking moron.
 #17 
Old 2002-07-08, 05:08
D.N.S D.N.S is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

how long does this "methadone high" last?
 #18 
Old 2002-07-08, 06:10
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

Well, seeing as it's halflife is almost 24 hours and it comes on very slow, it's more of an all day relaxation. The euphoria is nothing like heroin or even codeine, but then again, it's methadone and not morphine.

I've never been a junkie so a rush of morphine effects has never been my goal. That kind of use of substances is destructive is just plain stupid. Meta has gone on an on about that, so I don't need to.
 #19 
Old 2002-07-08, 06:11
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

Oh, and it's also a great pain-killer for those of us with chronic joint pain, thank you.

Too bad it's so addictive...
 #20 
Old 2002-07-08, 19:31
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Shooting up

I was just about to add that.

I only heard about its use for pain these past couple of years and didn't really believe it at first [the source of the information wasn't what you would call 'reliable'.

Last year I met someone who has a lifetime prescription for it - who's in not nearly as bad of shape as I am, though he has insurance and I don't which says a lot.

Anyway, he gave me a few to try.

Being as small as these were, I ground them up to snort [I've found this to be stronger than if you just eat the pill, if the pills are small enough].

Man, it worked better than just about anything I've ever tried - I was almost able to remember what 'pain free' meant, for a while at least.

As for the addiction part, I think I mentioned this somewhere else - hell, I've mentioned most everything subject-related, somewhere else ], but just for the hell of it:

If I am going to have this pain for the rest of my life, it also means that I will need to take or do something about it everyday too.

If I have to take something everyday, anyhow, what does addiction matter?

[Qualifier: I mean this only in terms of legally; if we're talking about illegal substances, or legal ones taken illegally, that there are some issues where there would be some concern that don't apply for if all is legal].
 #21 
Old 2002-07-08, 22:00
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

Well, dns is too new to remember my postings here... Most of which were correct... Most anyway.

Yeah, meta, I was thinking of when when I posted that. I still can't understand how you can't get proper main management...

If I remember, you have Kaiser? Maybe you should move to Blue Shield? I have their PPO plan and it's ok... I have to pay for my meds over $45 but they have other plans. I used to be with Kaiser and they fucking suck dick. 'Course, I'm not 25 yet so I'm on my mom's plan still...
 #22 
Old 2002-07-08, 22:03
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

Meta, you could also go to a methadone clinic and tell them you're an addict... You'd have to jump clinics to get enough, but it's one possibility. They usually don't give out patient names or even check records. Just take some vic's and go in for the blood test?

I dunno, man. Wish I knew of something better to help you out.
 #23 
Old 2002-07-08, 22:07
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

Ok, I've been drinking because I can't get the right anxiety meds... So "main" could mean "pain" and so forth.

Forgive the problems. By next week I should be ok... I'm not the type who WANTS to be high all the time, but there's just nothing I can take to help me feel not terrified that doesn't fuck you up... I have to piss. Alcohol sucks ass because of that. Doesn't last long enough, either.

If Dank reads this, sorry girl. I'm such a wreck, I should have never let you get involved with me. 'Course when I sober up I'm going to be angry that you're so stubborn and won't be my friend for some shit I don't even think I did....

Ahhhh, TOTSE drama. I've met 3 totsies. All womens. All pretty too. You wouldn't think so, would you?
 #24 
Old 2002-07-08, 22:09
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Shooting up

Oh, and I know where Jadedfool lives and how to get into his house... Muhahahahahahahahaha!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics