About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 1 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2002-06-09, 01:16
Kiddex Kiddex is offline
Regular
 
Default Drug of Choice ?

quote:
Originally posted by XeNobiTe:
All halucogens.


Is that anything like glycogen?

 #2 
Old 2002-06-09, 02:43
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug of Choice ?

marijuana.

dankgirl!
 #3 
Old 2002-06-09, 21:00
Dankgirl Dankgirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug of Choice ?

quote:
Originally posted by acidmelt:
what about me dank??? i get no love


Dank loves Acidmelt

 #4 
Old 2002-06-10, 00:56
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug of Choice ?

MR.SMITH, you say THC isnt a drug, but hash is a drug? Umm, do you know what is in hash, that gets you high? And hash is not man made or soemthing. Technically, it is, but theres nothing altered in it. Its simply compressed kif. Kif being resin heads that have been shaken off weed!

And if weed isnt a drug, nors opium, or silvia, or shrooms, or many, many other things!

Heres what I got from dictionary.com:

drug Pronunciation Key (drg)
n.

*A substance used in the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of a disease or as a component of a medication.
*Such a substance as recognized or defined by the U.S. Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
*A chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction.
*Obsolete. A chemical or dye.

"A chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction."

NOWHERE in that entire definition did it say it had to be man made to be classified as a drug!
 #5 
Old 2002-06-10, 05:54
Kiddex Kiddex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug of Choice ?

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I love how outraged Mr. Smith was at what he thought was your stupidity, when he, in fact, does not even know the definition of "drug".

On a more philosophical note, I will add my reasoning as to why "drug" has nothing to do with whether it refers to a 'single synthetic chemical' or a 'mixture of natural compounds.'

PCP is a drug. PCP has never been found in nature. PCP is thus, *so far*, a "synthetic* drug. However, PCP could exist in nature, and thus would be a natural drug. Thus, whether or not a mind altering substance is "natural" or "synthetic" is quite irrelevant. "Drug" refers to a compound which, in general, alters to mood, consciousness, and/or behaviour of a person who ingests it.

What an idiot, saying THC isn't a drug. MR. SMITH, if I added a hydrogen to THC, thereby making it man-made, would it then be a drug? Or what if I synthesized the THC myself? Would it then be a drug?
 #6 
Old 2002-06-10, 13:19
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug of Choice ?

Exactly. As long as it alters you state/mood, or in some way benifits you, it is a drug! It doesnt matter if its man made or not, it is still a drug!
 #7 
Old 2002-06-10, 15:47
maddcow007 maddcow007 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug of Choice ?

If it changes your body, its also a drug. Like vitimans
 #8 
Old 2002-06-10, 18:44
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Drug of Choice ?

Oh no; I'm not going to subject myself to all of that again.
 #9 
Old 2002-06-10, 19:21
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug of Choice ?

quote:
Originally posted by MR.SMITH:
XeNobiTe,

'most drugs are made from plants'

Exactly, but the plant in itself is not a drug, that is why i said hash is...



I dunno man, but I've smoke some powerfull herbs that were 100% pure and 0% proccessed by humans. We only use about 5%-10% of the herbs to prodece drugs. I've smoked shit I never heard of (don't even know they name). Smoke dried leafs of any plant, and you have a big possibility of get high. By the time I was 14, I had smoked most herbs in my backyard . Try chewing cocaleafs (if you can find 'em).

Ow and everyone who sais that weed is a softdrug isn't a real toker. I've had some REALLY powerfull weed. Makes you so damn stoned, that you can't even stand up. Almost impissible to concentrate at all. Very blurred vision. Holds you high for about 6 hours. When you get down, you can have a hangover for about two days.

Possibly the highest I ever got was when smoking hasj from holland (can't remember the name but it was very expensive so the best hasj there is in holland) 3 grammes (4 normal joints and a Marley (19 cm, 2.5 diameter at top)). I can't decribe the high as I barley remember what happend, but it was EXTREMELEY powerfull.
 #10 
Old 2002-06-10, 23:29
Frey Grimrod Frey Grimrod is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug of Choice ?

Any substance other than a food that effects the way the mind and body work....


yay Drugs Are Really Expensive class!!!
 #11 
Old 2002-06-11, 04:05
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Drug of Choice ?

Honestly I really have to say that alcohol is my drug of choice. It's easy, I can totally control it, and you can only smoke so much pot before it gets boring.

I really like shrooms a lot, too, though.

Cheers,
Lost
 #12 
Old 2002-06-22, 14:02
djnickysnowdawn djnickysnowdawn is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug of Choice ?

Heroin + scopolamine + rohypnol + weed and I am in heaven
 #13 
Old 2002-06-22, 15:40
blazeitup420 blazeitup420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Drug of Choice ?

theres nothing like smoking a nice dank joint.... nuthing can compare to that feeling.... then of course there r sum things that are much more intensive highs that some ppl like more... i like the mellow layed back feeling of weed... stuff like heroin and acid might be nice and keep u layed back but in a social setting u just cant take them to intense!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics