About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-01-18, 09:35
mcfryed mcfryed is offline
Regular
 
Default ?celebrex?

is it a waste of time? should i just toss the shit or can it be usefull in any way?
 #2 
Old 2002-01-18, 16:47
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

I have a drawer full of scripts that doctors have prescribed me throughout the years. Celebrex being one of them...followed by zoloft, paxil, and pretty much every anti-depressant. I even got a script for vioxx. Wtf? Vioxx?!

Sorry, got side-tracked, I know someone who actually got his script of celebrex filled, and it had no recreational value. I, also, know a girl who got her's filled to and she said all it made her do was break out. Therefore, IMHO, it's a throw away script, unless you're depressed.

Dank
 #3 
Old 2002-01-18, 23:18
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: ?celebrex?

It won't have any recreational value. It's one of a new family of anti-inflammatories that is easier on the stomach [some of the earlier ones were murder on it]. I have a scipt, too, for it sitting at home. I was told it would work wonders and help decrease my need for large doses of really potent pain killers. Not having any medical insurance, though, I can't afford the extreamly high cost of it. So I'll never know if it would work for me. You know something? I'm getting so f**king tired of f**king pain, every f**king minute of my f**king life that I can't f**king stand much more of it. Sorry, that was the pain talking. All bullshit aside, though, living in pain 24/7 really does suck.


[This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 01-18-2002).]
 #4 
Old 2002-01-19, 11:18
r007 ph07oN r007 ph07oN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

quote:

originally posted by dankgirl420:
unless you're depressed.


actually, like meta said, its anti inflammatory. maybe it could treat depression, though.

and i can confirm, having a few bottles, that it works for arthiritis but not recreation.
oh well..
 #5 
Old 2002-01-21, 21:52
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: ?celebrex?

That's why I wish I could get my scipt filled. It might reduce my need for pain meds.
 #6 
Old 2002-01-22, 03:07
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

One word...Vioxx. I got a script for them too... in my drawer.

Dank
 #7 
Old 2002-01-22, 04:13
PsychoTropic PsychoTropic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

Vioxx is good?!?
I got like 3 boxes of those my dad had and never used...
 #8 
Old 2002-01-22, 07:34
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

It's strictly for arthritis. No recreational value though.
 #9 
Old 2002-01-22, 15:37
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

Dank, you got celebrex (anti-inflammatory used for arthritis pain, celexa antidepressant used for the brain pain.) and celexa mixed up. No biggie. We got a big red divider between our meds in the pharmacy to keep us from making the same mistake. Celebrex is and vioxx are cox-2 inhibitors, the block some goofy chemical that messes up your joint and have absoloutly no recreational value. They're both expensive as fuck though.
 #10 
Old 2002-01-22, 19:15
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

Sorry, Vioxx is for arthritis. I'm stickin to my guns here less someone gives me proof.
 #11 
Old 2002-01-22, 20:06
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: ?celebrex?

Yes, but if it also costly [as mentioned above] it helps me no more than Celebrex. I will keep it in mind in case I ever get medical coverarage again. Thanx for the tip.
 #12 
Old 2002-01-22, 21:06
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

I work in a pharmacy I see celebrex all the time it is for arthritis, it is in the same class as vioxx. Ask any pharmacist or doctor. Celexa, which is nearly the same spelling is for depression. Go get a PDR. I'm way too lazy to do this research myself.

Celexa=Antidepressant
Celebrex=Antiinflamatory.
 #13 
Old 2002-01-22, 22:05
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

Ok, then, riot kid. You already corrected me on how I got celebrex and celexa confused. Dank you.

All I stated was that VIOXX is for arthritis! Why you are still stuck on the celexa and celebrex thing...I have no clue.

Dank
 #14 
Old 2002-01-23, 17:53
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

Vioxx is for arthritis I'll back you up on that.

Don't get old without health insurance kids, it's expensive as all fuck. Poor old folks and their expensive ass medical bills.
 #15 
Old 2002-01-23, 22:58
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: ?celebrex?

Sometimes you just don't have a say in it.

And it isn't just 'don't get old without insurance' don't have an accident or get real sick without insurance - that applies to any age.
 #16 
Old 2002-01-24, 02:15
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

**getting old and cut off of health insurance ever since she turned 25**

I wish I could still be under my mommy or daddy's health coverage.
 #17 
Old 2002-01-25, 02:55
dxm_pyro dxm_pyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

I know celebrex is no good for fun but what about these drugs (brand names)? are any of them any use recreationally?

coversyl, valtrex, avapro, aropax, atacand,
lovan, accupril, tazac, natrilix, capadex,
rulide, celecor, somac?

 #18 
Old 2002-01-26, 23:16
Ecko Ecko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

yeah.. is valtrex worth anything? never thought about it before figured anything for genital herpes wouldnt do shit recreationally, but hey might as well find out.

anyone know?
 #19 
Old 2002-01-27, 00:18
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

OMG! WTF?! Err, Valtrex? NO.

Dank
 #20 
Old 2002-01-27, 02:26
dxm_pyro dxm_pyro is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

finally relief from that painful itch
 #21 
Old 2002-01-28, 15:43
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

That's a little bit more than we really needed to know, don't you think?

Dank
 #22 
Old 2002-01-28, 16:00
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

For those of you who don't know what Valtrex is for... they are for herpes. You can order a free sample if you call a 1-800 number but you won't get "high" from them. Still LMAO.

Dank
 #23 
Old 2002-01-28, 18:21
riot_kid riot_kid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

Everything on that list looks pretty worthless for getting high to me. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
 #24 
Old 2002-01-29, 06:37
Ecko Ecko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

dankgirl- i realize, as i said thats what i figured which is why i never asked before.

the guy brought it up in his list and it simply struck a thought in my head..

i mean who came up with the idea of drinking the liquid that comes out of a cows udders'? Weird ideas are the ones that start things...
 #25 
Old 2002-01-29, 11:22
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: ?celebrex?

But Valtrex? You can order "free samples" to your house. Common sense would tell me that if anything with recreational value could NOT be sent to your house.

Sorry,
Dank
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics