|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2001-06-19, 03:07
|
UnclNastyFingerz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Why drugs are so great...
Drugs are great because they make you look cool. No other reason. They make people with a desirable social status think highly of you. Getting high is nothing more than a pleasant side affect. Admit it, people.
|
|
#2
 2001-06-19, 03:53
|
raverdude56001 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
I do drugs because they get me high not for popularity
|
|
#3
 2001-06-19, 04:01
|
Frey Grimrod 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
Drugs keep away thinking Keeping away thinking keeps away suicidal tendencies keeping away sucidal tendencies equals more time to get high so I do drugs to live!
|
|
#4
 2001-06-19, 04:16
|
brogandman 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
i do drugs b/c i like them not b/c other people do them
|
|
#5
 2001-06-19, 04:27
|
sublimer677 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
Dude people do drugs for many fucking reasons! Some do use drugs because they want to fit in. Then again others do drugs because their parents were just murdered or something. I use them because i like them, and i like to have fun, if i meet some people because of drugs, good. Curiousity begins drug use, and enjoyment keeps it going. Don't try and say that everyone does drugs for a specific reason, because that is an unfair generalization. Generalizations are bad, well because you don't know everyone's reason for doing drugs. PEACE
|
|
#6
 2001-06-19, 04:47
|
JCX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
Im stoned right now. No reason in particular. Probably because the people at ozzfest kept passing me joints and one puff is never enough.
|
|
#7
 2001-06-19, 07:54
|
slpwlkr333 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
quote: Originally posted by UnclNastyFingerz: Getting high is nothing more than a pleasant side affect.
You used affect in the wrong text there smart guy. Affect is the impact something has on others. You need to lay off the roaches laced with asprin you've been smoking i read about in spurious generalities. Now THAT was fuckin sad. C'mon dood, weed, and acetaminophen? What's the fuckin deal little dood? If you are goin over the counter, there is other shit out there that is at least partially psychoactive before it will give you liver failure. Some of it even comes in grape, cherry and orange flavored liquids with cartoon characters for little turds like you. You think people do 5 MeO DMT for attention? Do you think the average person i could walk up to while trip/speeding out on 5 MeO DMT would understand what i was talking about or going through if i told them what i was on there uncle fingersniffer? No, so really it isn't an image thing. People want to take it to an image level with shit like marijuana by putting 420 logos on shit and at the ends of their AOL screennames and shit, and wearing a Local Pipeliners shirt they got at fuckin Hot Topic in the mall which isn't even a real headshop and the employes think salvia is the new single from that country/rap shit-for-brains band saliva or just a misspell with their fucked up piercings they got to go with their UFOs to fit in with their half assed extasy pills they are gonna take at a club they call an 'underground' rave later that night when they get off work. So yea some people do drugs for style or whatever but i don't think they come to this board to meet, i think people come to this board to learn. I dont think the kid sporting the new glow-in-the-dark fuckin visor hat shit-thing cares about his e-pills, more or less half the shit that goes on at this board in THIS FORUM that you don't know about because YOU DON'T FUCKIN POST HERE. you post your gen x, look-at-me i wanna be eminem shit in spurious gen and toke your older cousins roaches, who btw, i have to school in this forum, fuckin frequently, and then wanna come up in here and post some dumbass topic like everyone in the world just sees a round pill on a table or a line of a powder, checkes to make sure someone is watching, and does that shit. Nah, i dont think so, this board promotes safety and guess what, you just got taken to traffic school son.
|
|
#8
 2001-06-19, 12:01
|
Eau 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
Well I'm glad someone started a topic on that peculiar area of drugs. this post is only from MY own experience, so take what you want and discard the rest, though I'd appreciate some feedback... SOOO "Word of advice for young people": Started smoking pot at 18, I was having troubles with my self esteem, couldn't fit in w/ my mates, etc... So yeah I met others guys who were pot/H smokers, I started to have a bad reputation at the high school etc... Some years later I realized that what drugs took off from me wasn't that mch health or brightness, but rather social, I was only having smokers friends, my family was scared, and foreigners were asking me where they could get drugs... So to me I started H to fit in socially(like other people learn how to play the guitar!)and yea i kinda fitted in but in a kinda crooked group, was it worth, i dunno. It was not so much the substance that isolated me, but rather the fact that its illegalness turns tou into a rebel/misfit; another good argument for legalization I guess. Nowadays i'm still w/ the habit, trying to smoke less and less(after a while higness becomes your primary state of mind/baseline and you live in a world of your own. Not that drugs are intresicately bad, because trust me sobriety can be the best of the highness, and life has sooooo much more to offer(so much more than torpor and drunkness) But higness IS a good thing as well, I frankly do believe my real passage ritual (into adulthood)was my first acid trip(first night in NYc, how couldn't it be  But I do believe as well that psychedelic should be done once or twice a year maximum, Best being when you found mushrooms, cause it's related to seasons as well as a quest in nature. So Yeah people do drugs for hundreds of reasons, some not to remenber their dreams, some to vivify them, but doing drugs to fit in a group is IMHO the worst of the reason; And if most drugs are illegal isn't it because it's hard to control them, i mean to slip from use to abuse. Plus I got to admit that I'm growing more and more fed up of pouring my hard earned money into pockets of organized crime...
|
|
#9
 2001-06-19, 19:10
|
quandary 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
i do drugs because its fun and my friends do it
|
|
#10
 2001-06-19, 20:49
|
slpwlkr333 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
eau- people that learn to play guitar for image should lick asshole. i started taking classical guitar lessons when i was fucking six years old for myself. fuck those pussies who want an image. Image is nothing thirst is everything. Ahhh
|
|
#11
 2001-06-19, 20:54
|
|
Regular
|
|
Downey California
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
quote: Originally posted by UnclNastyFingerz: Drugs are great because they make you look cool. No other reason. They make people with a desirable social status think highly of you. Getting high is nothing more than a pleasant side affect. Admit it, people.
Impressed on how many reponses you got schulyer? Yeah, it's true at least with a significant amount of drug users. That's why we have so many people that have tried drugs and un like some of us, aren't doing them years later...
|
|
#12
 2001-06-20, 18:41
|
UnclNastyFingerz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
Some people, including me... like the being high.
If drugs were legal, taxed, and socially accepted... less people would use them. It's obvious. Marjuana has about 50% per capita use in Belgium and Holland as it does the United States. Also... 96% of cigarette smokers started before the legal age to buy cigarettes. Get the picture?
|
|
#13
 2001-06-20, 19:00
|
genraljon 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Frey Grimrod
Drugs keep away thinking Keeping away thinking keeps away suicidal tendencies keeping away sucidal tendencies equals more time to get high so I do drugs to live!
|
That is complete bull-shit Drugs as keeping away thinking stops you from thinking about suicide, lowers common sense and therefore you do things you wouldn't normally do. This makes you a lot ore prone to injury and even death. A classic example was when ia guy who lived near me had sum LSD, thought he could fly, and juped from the top of a 5-story building. But living life on the egde is what makes drugs so good ;-)
|
|
#14
 2001-06-20, 19:07
|
othium 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
I promised myself that I would stay out of this topic but here I am.
drugs are not an excape from problems.
I guess for me I started smoking marijuana because a lot of my close friends had tried it and I heard some good things about it.
my first time I didn't get high, nor my second, my friends told me it was shitty weed so we waited and they would smoke the shitty weed and would always offer me some but I would say no because I could tell they weren't stoned and I didn't just want a pair of red eyes and to smell like marijuana for nothing.
finally they got some better weed and when I was 12 I got high the first time. I didn't expect much but with my first few times how could I.
today I wouldn't consider it good weed because it was just shake but it did get us high after smoking a large amount.
I was impress and it was something worth doing again and now like 2 years or so later I know a fair amount of information on this herb that brings a smile to my face a few times a week.
------------------ fear is your only god!
|
|
#15
 2001-06-20, 21:00
|
Morbo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
since when does throwing a rig around your arm and plungeing a 22gage needle into your vein only to have an expretion of takeing a very relaxing dump appear on your face make you 'look cool'?
personaly that sounds more like the user is trying to get high rather than looking cool with the high being a side effect..
|
|
#16
 2001-06-21, 03:10
|
peroxidestings 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
I do drugs to appreciate nature. and, no, drugs aren't the solution to your problems. Alcohol is.
|
|
#17
 2001-06-21, 07:34
|
slpwlkr333 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
how is alcohol not a drug and a problem?
|
|
#18
 2001-06-22, 04:48
|
heelflipGuy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
I do drugs cause it's incredibly fun, not to look cool. Stop making generalities.
|
|
#19
 2001-06-22, 08:11
|
peroxidestings 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
alcohol=<temporary>solution to problems. And its not a drug because it makes me feel better about being a binge drinker.
|
|
#20
 2001-06-22, 10:12
|
DoPesTeR-DaZe 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
quote: Originally posted by UnclNastyFingerz: Some people, including me... like the being high.
If drugs were legal, taxed, and socially accepted... less people would use them. It's obvious. Marjuana has about 50% per capita use in Belgium and Holland as it does the United States. Also... 96% of cigarette smokers started before the legal age to buy cigarettes. Get the picture?
But your generalisation about people only using drugs to look cool is not the only statement that this evidence would support. There are numerous posiblilities for this, one would be that because a drug is illegal people are obviously going to assume that it has stronger effects than something that is legal. Also, even if people only took drugs because they are illegal it doesnt mean they are doing it necesarily to look cool, a lot of peopl might do it , yes, to rebel against the system but they might do it alone and not tell anyone, simply for the feeling of accomplishment or to see what the government iss keeping from them... Your statement means nothing specifically so stop generalising, open your eyes and dont take drugs to impress people - it doesnt. ------------------ r3M|_4[]D|\|4yR
|
|
#21
 2001-06-23, 10:06
|
Mojo-monkey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
I use chemicals to shock my system (neural, mostly) out of habits (the enemy) and to force myself to think, to do the hard thing that I want to do because I am not like them instead of the easy ...mostly... sometimes though I just chemical myself to do something--out of sheer boredom dig? -excerpt from the mind and dynamos of an angel headed hipster
was that comprehensible?..ah, well, no matter
------------------
|
|
#22
 2001-06-23, 18:00
|
slpwlkr333 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
quote: Originally posted by Mojo-monkey: I use chemicals to shock my system (neural, mostly) out of habits (the enemy) and to force myself to think....
Exactly why you don't matter; another example: quoting something retarded. That only goes for presciption drugs and very few hallucinogens that can't be also classified as disociatives.
|
|
#23
 2001-06-23, 21:24
|
Bongman 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
quote: People want to take it to an image level with shit like marijuana by putting 420 logos on shit and at the ends of their AOL screennames and shit
|
|
#24
 2001-06-25, 15:02
|
Trippy_McGee 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
Methinks slpwalker has PMS.
|
|
#25
 2001-06-25, 20:31
|
slpwlkr333 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Why drugs are so great...
meKNOWS trippy needs to go back to comedy school
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|