About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-05-26, 04:19
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Inderal/Beta blockers

Today I got prescribed Inderal in 20 mg pills. I was wondering if they belong to the same class of drugs are Valium, etc.

Last fall when I got my hands on some, I took about 30 mgs after I had about 6 shots of vodka...the high was incredible. I could barely concentrate, it was so intense. I understand that inderal was slowing my heart in addition to the alcohol, so it was prolly the lack of oxygen to my brain. heh.

I hate going to my HMO's pharmacy they seem to hate me coming, they know me so well. I've gone through Paxil, Prozac, and now they're putting me on this zoloft/inderal combo to cure my "anxiety" Why can't I get some Xanax or Valium?


btw don't you love it when pills kick in? wooohooo!
 #2 
Old 2001-05-26, 07:29
slpwlkr333 slpwlkr333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inderal/Beta blockers

no- not that same class as valium

they seem to just want to make your weak anti-depressants that can double as mild anti-anxiety meds as strong as they can by adding a beta-blocker.


no, it sort of scares me actually.
 #3 
Old 2001-05-26, 19:53
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inderal/Beta blockers

My doc used to give them to me for migraines. They work better than zomig. But they're a beta-blocker. If I'm thinking what you're thinking lokil, you got prescribed them for anxiety. Even, if you do have anxiety, inderals are WEAK when prescribed for them. I also, know someone who got prescribed for them because he/she had the shakes alot. And I guess their tremors went away. You're slippin lokil! AT LEAST go with the buspars instead of inderals if anything.
 #4 
Old 2001-05-26, 20:12
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inderal/Beta blockers

quote:
Originally posted by Lokil:

1. Today I got prescribed Inderal in 20 mg pills.
2. I was wondering if they belong to the same class of drugs are Valium, etc.
3. Last fall when I got my hands on some, I took about 30 mgs after I had about 6 shots of vodka...the high was incredible. I could barely concentrate, it was so intense. I understand that inderal was slowing my heart in addition to the alcohol, so it was prolly the lack of oxygen to my brain. heh.
4. I hate going to my HMO's pharmacy they seem to hate me coming, they know me so well. I've gone through Paxil, Prozac,
5. now they're putting me on this zoloft/inderal combo to cure my "anxiety"
6. Why can't I get some Xanax or Valium?
7. btw don't you love it when pills kick in? wooohooo!



1. You should be getting 40 mg for anxiety. I got 80 mg for migraines.
2. No, they're a beta blocker.
3. Eeeewwww....vodka
4. I know how you feel. Does the pharmacist call you by your first name too?
5. I'm so sorry.
6. Because you're not doing the right things and saying the right things.
7. Yes! I do! I love them after they kick in too.
 #5 
Old 2001-05-26, 22:08
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Inderal/Beta blockers

Dank, email me, I need to start milking my disabilities more...
 #6 
Old 2001-05-26, 22:16
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Inderal/Beta blockers

dank, yer post finally sank in. HELL NO, I ain't slipping! I just haven't been trying as hard as I can.
 #7 
Old 2001-05-27, 01:09
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Inderal/Beta blockers

Don't get lippy with me, son! lol.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics