|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2001-04-05, 15:19
|
Ego 
Regular
|
|
|
|
New to the forum - LSD question.
Greetings, I'm new around here, so bear with my 'newbie-ism'. I'll try to make this as short as possible, however, I tend to go on-and-on-and..  Here's the deal. Back when I was in high school (about 6 years ago), I was heavily into trippin'. I dealt a little, but nothing major (buy a sheet every now and then, sell to only friends, that was it). However, I dropped well over my fair share. In the 2 years between my Sophomore and Senior year, I had already tripped well over 100 times. Lifetime, I've probably tripped close to 200 times total. At any rate, 3 years ago, I quit trippin', and got a career. I've thought only briefly about acid since then, and only in passing, not putting any real serious thought into it. Further, I have also never had any long-term side effects to the tripping I had done earlier in my life. Not once have I had what the textbook "flashback", so to speak, nor have I had any long-term mental issues. I am for lack of a better term, normal, as most of you would expect. So recently, I was given the opportunity to trip again. This is the first time this opportunity has come up in a little over 3 years, and I began to consider it seriously. I weighed the obvious pro's and con's, and am however, still undecided. I certainly don't want to risk my job and the life I've started to create, but on the other hand, it's hard to pass up.  So, amidst all of this thinking about it, a couple of days ago I pulled out an album I used to listen to almost constantly while I was heavily into trippin', which was Tool's 'Undertow'. I haven't listened to the CD more than once or twice in the past 3 years, so it was a nice change of pace. However, presumably due to all of my thinking about trippin' again, along with the understandable association that I have to the music (it was listened to many-a-times while trippin'), I've suddenly began to experience tracers here and there, light headedness (such as the type in the first hour after dropping), etc. Don't get me wrong, none of them have been unpleasant. It's actually been kind of neat, however, I'm starting to get a bit worried. I've completely thrown out the idea of actually tripping again, due to this. I am rather concerned about it, but then on the other hand, part of me says "Don't worry about it". I'm kind of thinking I may be having a whole "Pavlov's Dog" thing, having a mental link associating the music to tripping (similar to NLP as well), which is causing me to "remember" what it was like, so to speak. At any rate, has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? Should I be worried? I'm definitely not going to trip now, at least, not for a good while after this clears up. However, I'm more concerned now about my general health due to this. None of it is hallucinagenic, ie, I'm not seeing things that aren't there, just getting trails and such, light headedness (but specifically the type you get about 30 minutes after dropping), and things like that. Nothing that interferes with my everyday life, but I could see it becoming a problem over time if it didn't stop. For reference's sake, it only has happened 3-4 times now over a period of 3 days, so it's not real frequent. Thanks for any input, it is much appreciated.
|
|
#2
 2001-04-05, 16:33
|
Ego 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New to the forum - LSD question.
OK, so I'm an idiot. I re-read that, and realized that I said I'd appreciate input, but didn't really pose any question.
So, in light of that.. What do you all think about this? Anyone in a similar situation have this kind of thing happen? What are your thoughts?
|
|
#3
 2001-04-05, 17:10
|
neur0t0xicity 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New to the forum - LSD question.
i got the same.
Last year i took xtc to every party/rave i went to. Some songs that i hear today remind me of rolling. What i mean is that the only time i heard certain songs was when i was rolling. Now when i hear those songs again, eg. for the fist time without rolling , they remind me of doing x.
|
|
#4
 2001-04-05, 17:26
|
Ego 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New to the forum - LSD question.
Do they simply remind you of rolling, or do they actually give you some of the effects of rolling?
|
|
#5
 2001-04-05, 18:31
|
raverz_choice 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New to the forum - LSD question.
neuro is probably just remebering seeing colours move and his friends faces all messy.
but having effects after years.
I took a lot of paxil a few days ago and i am stil trippin but you well thats pretty cool.
------------------ Cogito, ergo sum
|
|
#6
 2001-04-05, 21:22
|
Bongman 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New to the forum - LSD question.
I get the same thing from White Rabbit.
|
|
#7
 2001-04-07, 03:59
|
madchemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New to the forum - LSD question.
I get that butterflies-in-your-stomach and light happy bliss like I get from shrooms when I hear certain songs I've listened to. Anyone can certainly enter a "state" when certain stimuli is present. Thats what those mood thingies that play music and flash light in your eyes are all about. Also sometimes I'll see mild perceptual distortions in color like I get with shrooms (I always see orange everywhere).
|
|
#8
 2001-04-11, 00:34
|
ivan russell 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New to the forum - LSD question.
is it legal to pic shrooms and sell them?
|
|
#9
 2001-04-11, 00:34
|
ivan russell 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New to the forum - LSD question.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by ivan russell
is it legal to pic shrooms and sell them?
|
|
|
#10
 2001-04-11, 03:02
|
Frey Grimrod 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New to the forum - LSD question.
WTF is the point is putting this here? And you cant legally sell em and GOOD LUCK properly identifying em hopefully you'll get lucky and not kill yourself.
|
|
#11
 2001-04-11, 03:46
|
acidmelt 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New to the forum - LSD question.
If you are confident in your shroom knowledge, go pick some. it is legal to pick and eat them, but it is illegal to package and distribute them. (in the usa) so becareful.
|
|
#12
 2001-04-11, 15:15
|
neur0t0xicity 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New to the forum - LSD question.
quote: Originally posted by Ego: Do they simply remind you of rolling, or do they actually give you some of the effects of rolling?
yhea i get a tingly feeling in my stomach and feel a bit light headed i ques. but minimal effects only. stil...
|
|
#13
 2001-04-11, 15:28
|
Ego 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: New to the forum - LSD question.
quote: Originally posted by neur0t0xicity: yhea i get a tingly feeling in my stomach and feel a bit light headed i ques. but minimal effects only. stil...
Interesting.. You're describing pretty much the exact same thing that is happening to me (although somewhat different effects, as the drug in question here is LSD). They've actually subsided since I posted the original message, by the way. I am not getting them anymore, and it only lasted about 3 days, and only happened for about 30 seconds at a time, 2-3 times per day. So it was all pretty minimal. Thanks for the input though, I appreciate it. 
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|