|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2000-10-22, 22:21
|
Bongman 
Regular
|
|
|
|
DXM
Im so so itchy and nothing is not moving. So so scary. I need a haircut. And some water. #ttose now, so I can talk to someone. Or try to. Typing is so so difficult. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh, itchy itchy itchy.
|
|
#2
 2000-10-23, 01:06
|
Bongman 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Im not so itchy now. Music is so cool. And life is perfect. This is a definant enhancement drug. Thinki9ng is a joy. I was speaking perfect french with my parents and calling people like crazy. Nirvana! It just feels so good. Thanks alot Otherside. The DXM is perfect and a freindof mine was the AMT guinie pig. I'll talk to him tommorow and find out the story.
|
|
#3
 2000-10-23, 17:38
|
TheOtherSide 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Not the robo-itch. I've never personaly got it but I hear it sux. It's a sort of alergic reaction so it should go away after a few tries. DO NOT MIX DXM WITH AMT. AMT is a MAOI. Some people report head aches when taking AMT. This is probably because they ate some tyramine containing food (aged food).
|
|
#4
 2000-10-23, 18:42
|
riot_kid 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Pure DXM or Robo, every time I've robo'd (Twice for those keeping score at home) I've puked. Ahhh, I think I'm gonna robo trip one of these days soon if I can't find some better hallucinogens.
|
|
#5
 2000-10-23, 19:10
|
real_placebo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
DXM is not a halucinagen. It is a disassociative.
|
|
#6
 2000-10-23, 19:23
|
alpha 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Ok, how much DXM do you have to take before there is a rosk of onley's lesions??
|
|
#7
 2000-10-23, 19:30
|
twiztd 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
will some one please show me a picture of a dxm plant, or the plant used to make dxm. I don't know anything about it, but from what I am hearing I would love to try it.
|
|
#8
 2000-10-23, 20:36
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Hehehe... I used to like it. Now I have bowel problems because of it. > 
|
|
#9
 2000-10-24, 12:22
|
Bongman 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Well it was fun and it's now done. It's time to sell the rest. The experince was good. But very unhealthy. Thanks again Otherside, Did you get your video yet? I could not do any drugs again and I wouldn't care. Thank You Thank You, my dreary return is now.
|
|
#10
 2000-10-24, 06:36
|
TheOtherSide 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
DXM isn't a plant. It's a pure synthetic compound. There is no way to tell how much you have to do before you get onley's lesions. It's not so much as the amount but the repeated use with no rest that causes them. No one really knows how much you have to do before you get them. No one has ever seen onley's lesions in a human brain. DXM IS a hallucinogen. Maybe not in the lower doses but defenately in the higher ones. I will tell you a little bit about a past experience.
2000mg of DXM were capsuled up and taken with a few beers. Drinking the beers really fast got rid of any nausea. Onset was about 40 minutes. About two hours into the experience I fell into what you could say is a DMX hole (pretty much the same as a K hole). I looked at the street light in front of me as it melted and dripped from it's fixture. The drops of light would fall to the ground and break into hundreds of pieces as they made a splash. Since I was highly anesthesised I could barely crawl. It was hard to even put together words. My friends would help me walk to were ever I had to go. It's hard to explain how things looked but they defenately didn't look normal. I must have stared at that street light in awe for at least an hour. If I would close my eyes I could see pretty much anything I wanted to see. The effects lasted over 24 hours. I also must say this: 2000mg is a lot of DXM and I mean a lot. The only way to know you can do this without dying is by building up to it over time. DO NOT TAKE DXM IF YOU ARE TAKING A MAOI; chances are you won't live to tell about it.
|
|
#11
 2000-10-24, 14:46
|
real_placebo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
How many of you robo-tards have to die before you realize that shit is dangerous? Give it a fucking break, that shit sucks ass, plain and simple! If you cannot afford/find/synth real drugs then just learn to fucking deal with real life!
Reality check...people die from that shit all the time, when stupid money hungry fucks press that shit into pills and sell them as E's. You have been warned!
|
|
#12
 2000-10-24, 19:06
|
TheOtherSide 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
After hours of searching I still can't find 1 case were someone died from DXM over dose. I did find 1 were the person intentionaly over dosed to commit suicide. The lethal dose for DXM is thought to be around 3000mg. This would be 5 or 6 pills. If you think it's E and take that many pills, then you must be stupid anyway.
|
|
#13
 2000-10-24, 21:27
|
madchemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide is NOT a plant but a synthetic compound. It is also not classified as a hallucinogen, but a dissociative along with ketamine and PCP.
|
|
#14
 2000-10-24, 21:30
|
real_placebo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Thankyou madchemist! ...and to the robo-tards, I didn't say I take it, but it would be quite easy for an E-tard to take 5 or 6 pills and die! Look around at some of the E testing sites and you'll see! People have died!
|
|
#15
 2000-10-25, 10:54
|
TheOtherSide 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Can you tell me of a specific case? I would really like to know what the LD-50 is.
|
|
#16
 2000-10-25, 17:45
|
madchemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Look it up in merck.
|
|
#17
 2000-10-26, 04:36
|
TheOtherSide 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Unfortunately I don't have a merck. Tried to access the online version but this crappy webtv browser doesn't seem to be able to get it to work properly.
And BTW, taking 5 or 6 rolls might kill you anyway.
|
|
#18
 2000-10-28, 03:02
|
twiztd 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Yeah I know dxm isn't a plant, I was reaslly fucked up when I was reading that, I thought you guys were talking about dmt.
I know more about dxm than perhaps I should.
Due to a little confusion, dxm isn't a dissacociative, or whatever you called it. It is a cough supressant and thats what it is classified.
|
|
#19
 2000-10-28, 03:05
|
twiztd 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
oh yeah and it isn't a hallucinagen either.
a long time ago I made a post that had everything you could ever want to know about dxm, from how the lowest dose affects you all the way to how it intereacts with illecit drugs. if you want to know something about it that you don't you should look there.
|
|
#20
 2000-10-28, 04:39
|
madchemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Dammit, DXM is classified as a dissociative. Just becuase it is put in another bottle with some extra ingredients and is labeled cough supressant doesn't mean its not. Diphenhydramine is called benedryl, the exact same chemical is also made in a different dosage and labeled sleep aid. That doesn't make it not diphenhydramine does it?
|
|
#21
 2000-10-28, 05:01
|
twiztd 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
dude, I don't mean to be argueing with you or anything, but the chemecal Dextromethorphan, a.k.a. DXM is indeed a cough supressant. It has nothing to do with the chemicals added to the medications, and besides what does diphen, have to do with dxm?
if you want you can sunsult the us food and drug administration to varify that. really I'm not makin' it up.
|
|
#22
 2000-10-28, 06:49
|
madchemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide to be exact, and you are totally missing my point. It may be a cough supressant in some cases but as far as reactional use it is a dissociative.
|
|
#23
 2000-10-28, 15:36
|
twiztd 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
ahh I see what you are saying, but one other tiny thing.
the drug you are referring to dextromethorphan hydrobromide, isn't even the same drug that I am talking about. Pure DXM hasn't been approved for use by humans, therefore some one came up with the compound known as dextromethorphan hydrobromide. The dextro part is the cough suppressant.the hydro part has a couple purposes. One is to irritate the stomach of those who get too much in there system to prevent over dose, I belive that the other has something to do with cold symptoms.
just thought I would say that so every one knew that we were argueing and we weren't even talking about the same thing.
|
|
#24
 2000-10-28, 17:33
|
neur0t0xicity 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
~TheOtherSide, quote:
... This would be 5 or 6 pills. If you think it's E and take that many pills, then you must be stupid anyway
---
And BTW, taking 5 or 6 rolls might kill you anyway.
I just wanna tell you that the lowest amound of pills i normaly take is 2-3. 4 is average and 5 is allot. i know people that take 7 pills sometimes and some have even taken over 10 a couple of times! unless theres DMX or whatever shit in them you wont die! you need to take a huge amound of mdma to die! The LD50 for mdma is 106mg/kg!(LD50 is the dose which will kill 50% of the animals that were tested). So thats 6000mg for a human being of average weight. one pill has an average of 75-125mg of mdma. so to die you need to take over 60 pills to die! so, TheOtheSide, take care of what you say  . [This message has been edited by neur0t0xicity (edited 29-10-2000).]
|
|
#25
 2000-10-28, 21:11
|
TheOtherSide 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
You don't need to take a lethal dose to actually die. Because of all the seratonin being released the individual might neglect to take proper care of his body. It is easy for someone on a high dose to dehydrate and over heat. A number of people have died this way.
|
|
#26
 2000-10-29, 12:11
|
neur0t0xicity 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
before you start taking over 3 pills, you normally already did x for some time. means that you know the ins and outs and what to do and not to do... means that you know how much to drink etc.
but yes you are a bit right, there are always stupid people that dunno what they are doing in the first place, or that think x is like beer and the more you pop the cooler you are... but there are always acceptions. and if you think of how many people pop, and how few die, then this amound is really small compared to how many people die from eg alcohol poisining. thus i consider x a fairly safe drug. (by x i mean mdma)
|
|
#27
 2000-10-29, 12:59
|
real_placebo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
quote: . Pure DXM hasn't been approved for use by humans, therefore some one came up with the compound known as dextromethorphan hydrobromide. The dextro part is the cough suppressant.the hydro part has a couple purposes. One is to irritate the stomach of those who get too much in there system to prevent over dose, I belive that the other has something to do with cold symptoms.
This is all crap. The hydrobromide is simply a salt of the DXM, same as hydrochloride salts of meth or ephedrine.
|
|
#28
 2000-10-29, 01:20
|
twiztd 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
right, I made that up. whatever. contact the fda if you really want to know, look up dextromethorphan and dextromethorphan hydrobromide, they are two different chemicals.
|
|
#29
 2000-10-29, 02:59
|
madchemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Aha! Thanks real_placebo! Twitzd, I knew that was all bulshit. If you knew so much about DXM, why did you rattle off that bullshit? Listen, I read in another post that you said you used to extract DXM from otc medicines. http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum5/HTML/000400.html If you did this then you would have been getting DXM hydrobromide! SO you have no experience with DXM (freebase i presume). And, yes it may be used as a cough supressant, but it is also a dissociative, look it up.
|
|
#30
 2000-10-29, 03:46
|
twiztd 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
the old post about dxm I made was about a specific over the counter drug called coriciden c cough and cold. which would be the reason I called it dxmh. But whatever, you say.
it is not like I am saying that pure dxm is a volitile drug or anything, I was just saying no one uder any circumstances can put pure dxm in a drug. You have to put dxmh, no matter what. If you can come up with the name of one drug that has dxm and not dxmh than I will drop my arguement completely.
[This message has been edited by twiztd (edited 29-10-2000).]
|
|
#31
 2000-10-29, 04:15
|
madchemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
WTF are you talking about? I never said you couldn't. The whole argument was over whether or not DXM was a cough suppressant or a dissociative. Not whether or not you can take pure DXM. Stay on topic here. Oh yeah, in that post, there is no mention of "dxmh". You called it DXM.
|
|
#32
 2000-10-29, 16:23
|
neur0t0xicity 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
lol, why do you guys even bother argueing with twig man? we all know hes full of shit by now, or not? all his post, yes ALL, are fake or dont makes sence, or are untrue and have false info! ALL!!! i dunno what tig man is still doing here!  go back to your "getho" twig!
|
|
#33
 2000-10-29, 17:21
|
TheOtherSide 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
And fewer people have died from taking dxm so I consider it a pretty safe drug too.
Can anyone tell me how to free base dxm?
Has anyone synth dxo (dextrophan)? Would it be possible using hcl or maybe even NA4OH?
[This message has been edited by TheOtherSide (edited 10-30-2000).]
|
|
#34
 2000-10-29, 19:23
|
rxrgood4u 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
about onelys disorder, i have a friend who tripped 2 times, 2 doses of apx 600 mg, he is fucked for life now, and sometimes it takes 600 mg doses daily for weeks, its really a bad drug to mess with, it also depends on genetics, stress, depression, if your family is filled with wackos, watch out for this shit, youll be joining them in theropy after your done, best bet is to stay way from it., personnaly ii think ive become ammune, after my 50th robo trip, its been almost impossible for me to get off, even tho i probly could with some pure dxm, but its too much risk
|
|
#35
 2000-10-29, 21:27
|
neur0t0xicity 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
yhea but i bet more people got sick (for life) from DXM than they did from mdma 
|
|
#36
 2000-10-29, 00:11
|
neur0t0xicity 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by neur0t0xicity
before you start taking over 3 pills, you normally already did x for some time. means that you know the ins and outs and what to do and not to do... means that you know how much to drink etc.
but yes you are a bit right, there are always stupid people that dunno what they are doing in the first place, or that think x is like beer and the more you pop the cooler you are... but there are always acceptions. and if you think of how many people pop, and how few die, then this amound is really small compared to how many people die from eg alcohol poisining. thus i consider x a fairly safe drug. (by x i mean mdma)
|
|
|
#37
 2000-10-29, 00:59
|
real_placebo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by real_placebo
quote: . Pure DXM hasn't been approved for use by humans, therefore some one came up with the compound known as dextromethorphan hydrobromide. The dextro part is the cough suppressant.the hydro part has a couple purposes. One is to irritate the stomach of those who get too much in there system to prevent over dose, I belive that the other has something to do with cold symptoms.
This is all crap. The hydrobromide is simply a salt of the DXM, same as hydrochloride salts of meth or ephedrine.
|
|
|
#38
 2000-10-29, 01:20
|
twiztd 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by twiztd
right, I made that up. whatever. contact the fda if you really want to know, look up dextromethorphan and dextromethorphan hydrobromide, they are two different chemicals.
|
|
|
#39
 2000-10-29, 02:59
|
madchemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by madchemist
Aha! Thanks real_placebo! Twitzd, I knew that was all bulshit. If you knew so much about DXM, why did you rattle off that bullshit? Listen, I read in another post that you said you used to extract DXM from otc medicines. http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum5/HTML/000400.html If you did this then you would have been getting DXM hydrobromide! SO you have no experience with DXM (freebase i presume). And, yes it may be used as a cough supressant, but it is also a dissociative, look it up.
|
|
|
#40
 2000-10-29, 03:46
|
twiztd 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by twiztd
the old post about dxm I made was about a specific over the counter drug called coriciden c cough and cold. which would be the reason I called it dxmh. But whatever, you say.
it is not like I am saying that pure dxm is a volitile drug or anything, I was just saying no one uder any circumstances can put pure dxm in a drug. You have to put dxmh, no matter what. If you can come up with the name of one drug that has dxm and not dxmh than I will drop my arguement completely.
[This message has been edited by twiztd (edited 29-10-2000).]
|
|
|
#41
 2000-10-29, 04:15
|
madchemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by madchemist
WTF are you talking about? I never said you couldn't. The whole argument was over whether or not DXM was a cough suppressant or a dissociative. Not whether or not you can take pure DXM. Stay on topic here. Oh yeah, in that post, there is no mention of "dxmh". You called it DXM.
|
|
|
#42
 2000-10-29, 16:23
|
neur0t0xicity 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by neur0t0xicity
lol, why do you guys even bother argueing with twig man? we all know hes full of shit by now, or not? all his post, yes ALL, are fake or dont makes sence, or are untrue and have false info! ALL!!! i dunno what tig man is still doing here!  go back to your "getho" twig!
|
|
|
#43
 2000-10-29, 17:21
|
TheOtherSide 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by TheOtherSide
And fewer people have died from taking dxm so I consider it a pretty safe drug too.
Can anyone tell me how to free base dxm?
Has anyone synth dxo (dextrophan)? Would it be possible using hcl or maybe even NA4OH?
[This message has been edited by TheOtherSide (edited 10-30-2000).]
|
|
|
#44
 2000-10-29, 19:23
|
rxrgood4u 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by rxrgood4u
about onelys disorder, i have a friend who tripped 2 times, 2 doses of apx 600 mg, he is fucked for life now, and sometimes it takes 600 mg doses daily for weeks, its really a bad drug to mess with, it also depends on genetics, stress, depression, if your family is filled with wackos, watch out for this shit, youll be joining them in theropy after your done, best bet is to stay way from it., personnaly ii think ive become ammune, after my 50th robo trip, its been almost impossible for me to get off, even tho i probly could with some pure dxm, but its too much risk
|
|
|
#45
 2000-10-29, 21:27
|
neur0t0xicity 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by neur0t0xicity
yhea but i bet more people got sick (for life) from DXM than they did from mdma 
|
|
|
#46
 2000-10-30, 05:58
|
TheOtherSide 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Or did they? You don't hear about people getting permanent brain damage too much now days because it's illegal. It's pretty expensive and not readly available to every one. Back when it first came out it was sold everywere. It was completely legal. People were taking it all the time. I'm sure lots of people got pretty fucked up. After all that's why it's illegal.
I'm not saying dxm is a good drug. You hear about more people getting brain damage because it's legal. People can buy it all the time and take it as much as they want. I've heard of people taking it every day for weeks at a time. I'm sure that will cause some permanent damage for sure. The thing with dxm is that alot of people don't like it. Because of this it is not abused as much so there will be less tragedies than e which is enjoyed by everyone. If it WAS more euphoric, it would be a terrible drug.
|
|
#47
 2000-10-30, 16:20
|
twiztd 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
I am sure that no one wants to hear this, at least not from me but if you don't know how to handle a drug than dxm can really trash your life. I have seen it happen to a few people. They thought they could take dxm regularly, now one of them is dead (got shot by some guy he didn't even know for talking shit, another one is in jail becuase he lost his judgement (which dxm can also do, in the days after the "trip") and the last guy has something hella fucked up with his brain, it seems like he is trippin 24/7 now.
Look in the official guide to illecit and non-illecit drugs. page 335 dxm page 336 dxmh. I rest my case
|
|
#48
 2000-10-30, 19:39
|
madchemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Ohhh fucking good LORD!!!! Twit, you still don't get the point of the argument. You are so FUCKING HOPELESS. I give up!!
|
|
#49
 2000-10-30, 22:14
|
Z3m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: DXM
Oy.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|