About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-10-10, 23:54
kpjr kpjr is offline
Regular
 
Default DMF???

This is a repost. Sorry guys, none of you answered it yet. Although it was posted to Madchemist, but I'd figured I'd give everyone a shot since I have no idea where I can get DMF (Dimethylformamide)? Any suggestions or comments?

Is this chemical legal and if it isn't how can I make it?

Thanx guys!

[This message has been edited by kpjr (edited 10-10-2000).]
 #2 
Old 2000-10-11, 02:34
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DMF???

Why do you need this? Since formamide and methyl-formamide is watched than it probably is watched too.
 #3 
Old 2000-10-11, 08:15
kpjr kpjr is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DMF???

I need it for the synthesis that I mentioned to you in my other post.

Actually, Strike mentions in the book that "DMF (dimethylformamide) is not the same as the watched chemical known as N-methylformamide. DMF is a common, legal solvent."

Any ideas on where to get this item?????

Anybody?

thanx!


[This message has been edited by kpjr (edited 10-11-2000).]
 #4 
Old 2000-10-11, 09:03
TheOtherSide TheOtherSide is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DMF???

Don't you mean Dimethylforamide?
 #5 
Old 2000-10-11, 09:28
kpjr kpjr is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DMF???

Dear OtherSide:

I am not sure if what you asked is another chemical but the chem I am looking for is:

Dimethylformamide. Any Suggestions?

Thanx!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics