|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2000-10-10, 08:42
|
TheOtherSide 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Ayahuasca
I was walking in the park today when I ran into this rather large rabbit wearing a hat. He started to tell me about a journey he whent in... 100 grams of Desmanthus illinoensis root bark were put in a glass pot with water and 1/3 (of the total amount of water) lemon juice. This was left to sit overnight until morning.
The next morning I cut it up as much as possible and threw it in the blender. The blender was chopping it up pretty good but the desmanthus was also doing a good job at chopping up the blender...Anyhow I got it as fine as I could then boiled it in as low heat as possible for 1 hour ([i}note: It is a good idea to have good ventilation because it stinks up the whole house[/i]), making sure to keep the lid on. It was allowed to cool a bit then strained. The liquid was stored away for later. The plant matterial was put through this same prcoces two more times. All the liquid was combined and soft boiled intil most of it had evaporated away. Now the heat was turned down and allowed to dry almost completely. Turning down the heat as it dried more. Now it was allowed to sit for a couple days to finish drying off.
Now I took a chisel (yes it is very stuck to the pot) and scrapped it all off. The remainder black powder/wax/oil/ was rolled up into 90 big size pills and saved for later.
Some time in the evening I met with some friends, D and J. This was their first time with DMT. We each took 3 grams of crushed Peganum harmala seeds. YuK YuK rue tastes very nasty when crushed up into powder. It would be nice if we had gelcaps. We waited 30 minutes and began swallowing the huge pills. It took us a long time to finish them. J finished first at about 25 minutes. D and I finished somewhere around 35 to 40 minutes. Now we sat around to watch some tv. It was about an hour (after we finished eating them) before we started feeling it. The walls and ceiling were begining to change color. But it wasn't just one or two colors, it was many colors at the same time. It would look like there was a ripple in the wall were the color is. We were all laughing at stupid things that weren't even funny.
D got some sudden nausea and had to go vomit. He said he didn't even feel it coming. Feels much better now. We tried to play some cards but that was imposible. The colors and patterns were no longer on surface of things, They were in mid-air right in front of me. Multiple tracers that would go on forever. We talked about the creation of the Universe and the purpose for this.
Somewhere around 4 hours later we beggan to come down a bit. J decied to go home even though I urged him not to leave because something bad might happen. Me and D were still doing pretty decent. A couple hours more and we were pretty close to base. A bit of an afterglow. We were sleeping before the sun even came up.
Well it turned out J got home and found up he was still tripping pretty hard. It started to get pretty bad when his room began sinking into the hole in the center. He said it was a very bad experience and is sorry he went home."
Well this is what the crazy rabbit told me. After he told me this he ran into a small hole in a tree in which I could not fit. I didn't think a rabbit that big could fit in such a small hole.
|
|
#2
 2000-10-10, 19:21
|
Rabbit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Ayahuasca
I know this rabbit would love to run into that rabbit  By the way - what was the reason for taking the Peganum harmala? Is this a MAOI? After D threw-up did his high dissapear or did it get stronger? does that rabbit have any plans for the stuff he stored for later? is that stuff good for anything? do tell.....(by the way is dmt made from ayahuasca or am I confusing myself)-and 1 more ? if maoi are hallucinogen why not take it alone?((this is reagarding your e -mail you sent)) [This message has been edited by Rabbit (edited 10-10-2000).]
|
|
#3
 2000-10-11, 02:42
|
madchemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Ayahuasca
The MAOI renders the DMT orally active. Otherwise you could make all the brew you want and it wouldn't do a thing. DMT can be made synthetically (see TiHKAL), or it can be A/B extracted from DMT containing plants (mimosa, canary grass etc). Ayahuasca is just a brew made out of DMT containing plants and a MAOI.
[This message has been edited by madchemist (edited 10-11-2000).]
|
|
#4
 2000-10-11, 08:52
|
TheOtherSide 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Ayahuasca
Harmala was the MAOI. Usually the ayahuasca vine Banisteriopsis caapi is used but it costs quite a bit more than rue. 3 grams of rue is needed and 30 grams of caapi are needed. Both rue and caapi are legal hallucinogens. A tea was made from 10 grams of rue. The taste was not good but somehow not too bad. I began to get these really quick electric like shocks. I started to feel quite drunk. It was hard to determine which way was up or down. Stubling all over the place. Nausea came within an hour and vomiting was shortly followed. The tracers were pretty wild. At least ten or fifteen whenever I moved my arm. Then I noticed it wasn't just when an object moved. I moved my head to look at a different possition and all the sudden all I could see was tracers. The entire room was one big tracer. It was hard to concentrate. This was because I would start to think about one thing, forget it and start thinking about something else. I don't think I thought about the same thing for more than a minute. 10g was defenately too much. Not very fun by itself though. I think I'll stick to the minimum amount needed (3g).
30 grams of caapi were much more psychoactive. There was more tracers and colors. The sounds seemed to be comning from inside the wall. Drinking 30 grams of caapi is not very pleasant. I've tasted many horrible things including pedro tea and caapi is the worst. It took me an hour just to finish it.
Well as I said, ayahuasca is the name the natives give to the caapi vine (which is a MAOI). Sections of the vine are crushed up and boiled with other ayahuasca addmixtures which contain DMT and other triptamines. If you use only caapi in your brew it is still called ayahuasca.
Throwing up doens't lessen the experience. I'm afraid that rabbit didn't store anything. Everything got used up and the gargage thrown in the compost.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|