|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference. |
 |
|
|
#1
 2000-10-06, 16:04
|
Dyler_Turden 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Excuse me Mister_Clean I need to know?
Do have you problem with me?
I came here to discuss some theoretical chemistry and share what I feel is a revolutionary new idea. It's something I feel has tremendous potential but I want to toss the idea around with some other serious thinkers to see if I'm on the right track or not.
Now if you're gonna just post some bullshit line saying "excuse me-- I think I already mentioned that but thanx for the repost" I can take my information to a website where it will be appreciated.
I hate to intimidate your readers but I might just hafta add in some references and real technical information... If the only feed back I'm gonna get is "BLAH-BLAH-BLAH" & "why all the techno jargon" ... I'll glady take it up somewhere else where the level commitment and comprehension is a little stronger.
I don't feel like wasting alot of time and effort so please tell me what's the purpose of this board?
Is this the place to have serious discussions involving theories about organic synthesis or just a bunch of immature kids talking bullshit, wishing they could make something amazing by mixing two things from under the kitchen sink?
[This message has been edited by Dyler_Turden (edited 10-06-2000).]
|
|
#2
 2000-10-06, 17:20
|
Mister_Clean 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Excuse me Mister_Clean I need to know?
Actually dave i have no problem with you at all. One thing though i am willing to bet most people here do not understand your posts. Most people are of a younger age and dont really understand chemistry. Now dont get me wrong there are a few that do. But in the future maby please explain a bit more for those who dont understand. OK now abut the re-posting shit.. that was me busting your balls.. It happens to everyone so dont get easily offended by it. Hell if ya look at the general forum they are talking about shoving me up a camels ass then soaking me in napalm and lighting me on fire with a cattle prod. Which, by the way, is very creative dont you think.
Its up to you to come here. No one forces you. So if you want to leave so be it. But if it were up to me i would say stick around, at least for a while get to know us all.
Clean.
[This message has been edited by Mister_Clean (edited 10-06-2000).]
|
|
#3
 2000-10-06, 18:37
|
Dyler_Turden 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Excuse me Mister_Clean I need to know?
Fair enough let mme throw this idea at you and tell me what you think then...
What I'm talking about is an extruded ceramic honeycomb structure of a refractory material such as cordierite or mullite, Formed metallic foil monolithic structures are also commonly used. This monolithic structure is wash coated with a thin layer of a catalyst carrier such as alumina or zirconium oxide of very high surface area. The high surface area carrier is usually impregnated uniformly throughout with a noble metal mixture such as platinum, palladium, rhodium.
Cordierite, a thermally rugged ceramic composed of magnesium oxide, silica, and alumina, is the most commonly used substrate material. Manufacturers use an extrusion method to form numerous long, narrow channels in the substrates--giving the bricks a honeycomb appearance. The substrates are designed to provide high surface area for catalytic reactions and to withstand rapid temperature fluctuations.
Catalyst companies turn such substrate bricks into catalytic converters by coating them with a mixture of precious metals and other materials in a roughly 25- to 50-mm-thick layer known as a washcoat. Thermally resistant g-alumina tends to be used as the base into which catalyst metals, stabilizers, and additives are dispersed. Some manufacturers use double washcoats to enhance certain types of reactivity and to improve durability by separating catalyst components.
Platinum, rhodium, and palladium have made their way into catalyst formulations in varying concentrations since the 1970s. Earlier models used more platinum than today's units, which are nearly all palladium, but in general, the amount of precious metal in the active catalyst has remained in the 0.10 to 0.15\ range.
You can search the internet a hundreds times over and you'll find no mention of any experimenters even exploring the possibilities of this ready made easily accessible catalyst.
Yet you'll find numerous reactions that rely upon platinum and palladium catalyst.
I think there's a great potential here for tube furnaces and electrocatalyic hydrogenolysis incorporating this material.
Plain and simple if you every wanted to try and experiment that requires a noble catalyst that's remotely similar to what I described above go study the display at the muffler shop.
Then grab you hacksaw and head to the junk yard. They won't sell one to you, but no-one will notice if you gut a few and walk out with some weird ceramic blocks!
[This message has been edited by Dyler_Turden (edited 10-06-2000).]
|
|
#4
 2000-10-06, 18:38
|
raverz_choice 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Excuse me Mister_Clean I need to know?
hey don't cry because nobody wants to be your friend.
Hey over at the bad ideas forum they wanted to kill me well I wonder if they still do but anyways this shit changes forum to furom.
|
|
#5
 2000-10-06, 18:53
|
Dyler_Turden 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Excuse me Mister_Clean I need to know?
When it comes to amateur chemistry the internet has been kinda stagnant lately.
Sure there's countless repost and cut & paste jobs from years past but I'm hoping to inspire some new areas of research with tremendous potential.
I'm not crying. If you're serious about dabbling in chemistry great, lets talk.
If you just wanna argue and talk silly nonsense it's your loss.
Free speach and the freedom to discuss chemistry and synthesis techniques is considered to be a dangerous thing and some people want to put an end to it. I want to make the most of it before that day comes.
Either you wanna play stupid games while they're in the process of taking your rights away or wanna grab what you can while it's still free.
You have a choice too. Someday this type of information will be gone. Those who took advantage of it will have no porblem making friends and those who were here and missed the oportunity will be the ones crying.
[This message has been edited by Dyler_Turden (edited 10-06-2000).]
|
|
#6
 2000-10-06, 18:59
|
Rabbit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Excuse me Mister_Clean I need to know?
Dyler- Ive got to apologize for myself cause I noticed you were blaming Clean for saying BLAH-BLAH-BLAH, and it was me. I can tell youve got a lot of knowledge to share but when someone asks a fairly naive question- it doesnt help spouting off two pages of post grad science equations. My guess is people dont have access to lab equipment and or lab grade chemicals so maybe we could dummy it down a bit- What I think is funny is when there is a question being asked and it isnt even close to being answered COMPLETELY then the next post praises that person for being smart or something. Its so easy to impress the ignorant. Then youve got 15 yr olds thinking its funny to dose people - half these people just repeate what theyve heard from there friends or whats worse- from other posts. I think most people hear think they are chemists just cause theyve bought a couple of cans of colemans and some red devil. I find your post interesting - and yours too Clean.Im sorry if my words seemed insulting and I hope I didnt step on too many toes saying this.
|
|
#7
 2000-10-09, 16:27
|
Dyler_Turden 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Excuse me Mister_Clean I need to know?
One potential experiment or theorectical use involving a tube furnace and salvaged auto catalyst would be the preparation of methylamine.
Nitromethane would be dripped down onto a vertical bed of said catalyst whole the system is purged with a steady flow of electrolytic hydrogen. The vapors travel through a condeser at the bottom of the furnace where they are cooled before being bubbled through a flask of hydrochloric acid.
The hydrogen reacts with the nitromethane over the catalyst to form methylamine & water The condenser cools the hot vapors and the methylamine solution drips into the Hcl where it forms methylamine hydrochloride. The flask of acid also prevents any air from backing up into the hydrogen purge stream.
The methylamine hydrochloride will crystalize out when the water and unreacted nitromethane are evaporated off.
|
|
#8
 2000-10-09, 18:00
|
neur0t0xicity 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Excuse me Mister_Clean I need to know?
Yo man... I thought that this site was about drakz! doing drugz! not making drakz. no one cares about making drakz exept da people that make em. da people that take em dont giva shit, exept how good its made, kay?
eg. why da fak should i care how mdma is make, kay? i dunt givva fuck. i care how good i trip and about my experiences gathered at that moment, and what i think bout it, not how that type of pill was manufactured, created and produced!
get my poiny hobo?
|
|
#9
 2000-10-09, 20:14
|
Dyler_Turden 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Excuse me Mister_Clean I need to know?
Your point is quite clear. You are not very intelligent and your only concern is escaping your pathetic life by ingesting mind altering drugs.
|
|
#10
 2000-10-09, 20:42
|
Rabbit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Excuse me Mister_Clean I need to know?
whats that guys proplem- besides being illiterate
|
|
#11
 2000-10-09, 20:45
|
Diluted 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Excuse me Mister_Clean I need to know?
Wow, don't you feel good knowing that when you make these mind altering drugs you are helping millions of people each day escape.
For $5.
|
|
#12
 2000-10-09, 21:50
|
Rabbit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Excuse me Mister_Clean I need to know?
People like that dont get stuff from me- NEVER!
|
|
#13
 2000-10-09, 22:41
|
madchemist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Excuse me Mister_Clean I need to know?
What is that guys problem? This is Better Living Through CHEMISTRY!! right. My point is, who cares if you don't care how shit is made? This board is here to discuss chemistry, not trips.
|
|
#14
 2000-10-10, 02:13
|
Mister_Clean 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Excuse me Mister_Clean I need to know?
Well to clear up everyones views about this forum and what is SUPPOSED to be discussed on it I decided to be nice and copy the forum discription and post it right here for everyone to read. quote: The drugs forum is for the discussion of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.
By the way this exact discription can be found right on the main BBS page. Just incase you have never bothered to read it. SO not only is it used to discuss chemistry it is also used to discuss the expirences people have had on drugs. Hope this clears everything up for the people that questioned it. Clean. [This message has been edited by Mister_Clean (edited 10-10-2000).]
|
|
#15
 2000-10-12, 10:12
|
rxrgood4u 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Excuse me Mister_Clean I need to know?
Raver apparently I followed you here, cause I just got done reading about all the methods of how they wanted to kill you, actully proves very amusing, anyway your 13 years old, your going to be a columbine, go watch some barney or go play tag, jesus
|
|
#16
 2000-10-16, 13:49
|
slimshady 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Excuse me Mister_Clean I need to know?
Well, Personally I like the idea of using those catalytic convertor beads straight out of the box. It makes a lot of sense, after all, they are designed for the job.
I would think that a board entitled "better living through chemistry" would welcome posts of a chemical nature.
I would also think that the moderator would enjoy discussing catalysation reactions.
slim.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|