About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-10-06, 10:49
X-chem X-chem is offline
Regular
 
Default I need a chemist

this sit has instructions on "How to synthesize XTC(MDMA) and MDA." there is an extraction done with EITHER benzene or diethl ether. later, after combined with formamide, another extraction was done but only benzene is named as the solvent. Can diethl ether be used for both extractions?
thanX
 #2 
Old 2000-10-06, 15:37
Dyler_Turden Dyler_Turden is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I need a chemist

Toluol, methylbenzene, phenylmethane aka toluene is often used to substitute benzene when serves the sole purpose of being a solvent.

I'm sure theres somepotential that ether will work, although you don't name exactly what you're separating and I don't care to give it too much thought right now.

There's a slight difference in the solvating properties of ethers vs. aromatics. Therefore, I would opt to employ toluene or maybe even xylol/xylene if I needed a benzene subs.
 #3 
Old 2000-10-06, 23:19
Synthorcist Synthorcist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I need a chemist

You need to learn. It took me at least 3 years. Read, learn and read again...
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics