About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-10-01, 03:38
twiztd twiztd is offline
Regular
 
Default a missed conception

I made a decision a long time ago to stop doing drugs. Needless to say that I said "fuck that" to that desicion and continued to do them. I was reading one of my old medical books (1996) and it said that there is no way ever for a flashback to be real. Can you believe that?


Well I can partly for the reason that I have never had a flashback, I asked a lot of other people who also said they have never had them, so has any one? I just want to know if these exist or not I would resally like to be trippin' with out even taking any acid.
 #2 
Old 2000-10-01, 03:51
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a missed conception

It's odd to be alone in your house and hear someone say pemdash. Flashbacks are neat.
 #3 
Old 2000-10-01, 19:40
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a missed conception

Flash backs are state dependant learning. In other words, if you trip a lot, then your mind will get used to it, and learn to be that way. When it wants to be that way, then you get a flashback. Any one who says it's because it stays in your back is a fucking crock. LSD is metabolized pretty quickly and doesnt stay in your body.
 #4 
Old 2000-10-01, 20:36
twiztd twiztd is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a missed conception

well, I have tripped quite a few times I don't think I have ever had one though, what exactly are they like?
 #5 
Old 2000-10-01, 23:27
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a missed conception

Don't know never had one. Although sometimes I do get some wicked tracers.
 #6 
Old 2000-10-02, 00:05
Mister_Clean Mister_Clean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a missed conception

from the DSM-IV, p232-233:

292.89 Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (Flashbacks)

The essential feature of Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (Flashbacks) is the transient recurrence of disturbances in perception that are reminescent of those experienced during one or more earlier Hallucinogen Intoxications. The person must have had no recent Hallucinogen Intoxication and must show no current drug toxicity (Criterion A). This reexperienceing of perceptual symptoms causes clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning (Criterion B). The symptoms are not due to a general medical condition (e.g., anatomical lesions and infections of the brain or visual epilepsies) and are not better accounted for by another mental disorder (e.g., delerium, dementia, or Schizophrenia) or by hypnopompic hallucinations (Criterion C). The perceptual disturbances may include geometric forms, peripheral-field images, flashes of color, intensified colors, trailing images (images left suspended in the path of a moving object as seen in stroboscopic photography), perceptions of entire objects, afterimages (a same-colored or complementary-colored "shadow" of an object remaining after the removal of the object), halos around objects, macropsia, and micropsia. The abnormal perceptions that are associated with Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder occur episodically and may be self-induced (e.g., by thinking about them) or triggered by entry into a dark environment, various drugs, anxiety or fatigue, or other stressors. The episodes may abate after several months, but many persons report persisting episodes for 5 years or longer. Reality testing remains intact (i.e., the person realizes that the perception is a drug effect and does not represent external reality). In contrast, if the person has a delusional interpretation concerning the etiology of the perceptual disturbance, the appropriate diagnosis would be Psychotic Disorder Not Otherwise Specified.

Diagnostic criteria for 292.89 Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (Flashbacks):

A. The re-experiencing, following cesssation of use of a hallucinogen, of one or more of the perceptual symptoms that were experienced while intoxicated wiht the hallucinogen (e.g., geometric hallucinations, false perceptions of movement in the peripheral visual fields, flashes of colors, intensified colors, trails of images of moving objects, positive afterimages, halos around objects, macropsia, and micropsia.

B. The symptoms in Criterion A cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

C. The symptoms are due to a general medical condition (e.g., anatomical lesions and infections of the brain, viual epilepsies) and are not better accounted for another mental disorder (e.g., delerium, dementia, Schizophrenia) or hypnopompic hallucinations.


Here is thew easy to understand Flashbacks REALLY happen

"Flashbacks largely came from moments/scenarios/visions which went out of
control as part of bad trips, so there is something to your hypothesis.
I don't think it's quite as simple a causal relation ("bad trip" -->
"flashbacks") but certainly the emotional intensity of a bath in terror
seems positively correlated with the subsequent intermittent return of
certain images afterwards."


Flashbacks have absolutely NOTHING to do with the amount of acid you have taken. You can have flashbacks after tripping once. Some people have tripped hundreds of times and never expirenced a "flashback"

Clean.

[This message has been edited by Mister_Clean (edited 10-02-2000).]
 #7 
Old 2000-10-02, 00:23
Mister_Clean Mister_Clean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a missed conception

Now madchemist please dont think i am "picking" on ou by picking apart your post and seperating the fact from fiction. This is done for an educational pourpose.

quote:
Flash backs are state dependant learning.


FACT!

quote:
In other words, if you trip a lot, then your mind will get used to it, and learn to be that way. When it wants to be that way, then you get a flashback.


FICTION!

quote:
Any one who says it's because it stays in your back is a fucking crock. LSD is metabolized pretty quickly and doesnt stay in your body


FACT!! infact all traces of LSD are gone within a couple of days.

So as you can see madchemist, you were mostly correct. But with drugs and espically a powerful drug like LSD people need to be informed with the correct information.

--hope you dont hate me for pickin on your post..

--Clean.

[This message has been edited by Mister_Clean (edited 10-02-2000).]
 #8 
Old 2000-10-02, 01:22
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a missed conception

Not at all. In fact, I really don't mind, I hate to post misinformation:-)
 #9 
Old 2000-10-02, 03:32
twiztd twiztd is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a missed conception

Whoa I think that I have just answered my own question. I just had what I think may have been a flashback. I was takin' hits from a little homeade glass pipe that I made, when all of a sudden I look to the wall to my left and there are figures like humans crawling around under the paint. Now I know that couln't have reaslly happened so it had to be a hallucination. So either I just had a flashback or my parents gave me a laced deal.
 #10 
Old 2000-10-02, 04:25
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a missed conception

I smoke with my parents too!!:-)
 #11 
Old 2000-10-02, 09:07
TheOtherSide TheOtherSide is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a missed conception

How can you tell you had a flashback when you were smoking weed? It could have been caused by the weed itself of by the lack of oxigen from hitting the pipe.

I once had a flashback. A friend and I were sitting in the car waiting for another friend to get out of work. It was about midnight. I was not under the influence of any drug. All the sudden I began to feel very funny. I started laughing and could not get rid of the smile on my face. I looked at the wall and it was waving back and forth as it would if I had taken some acid. It was also a bunch of different colors. This lasted no more than five minutes. I had not triped in months and had only triped an handfull of times before then. Now I have triped hundreds of times on just about every drug I know exists (cept 2CB and PCP with I'm trying my hardest to find). I haven't had anymore flashbacks other than the permanent tracers that won't go away.

Love thy self,
tos
 #12 
Old 2000-10-02, 14:25
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a missed conception

Yeah, I agree with TheOtherSide. How do you know your having a flashback? I see color flashes and tracers all the time. Am I living a continuous trip?
 #13 
Old 2000-10-02, 19:07
frosty frosty is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: a missed conception

sure, i see tracers sometimes ever since i ate alot of acid along with other drugs but after awhile i just figured that sometimes it happens and maybe it happened to me before i tripped for the first time so i paid no mind to trails or tracers. so, for along time i thought their was no such thing as flashbacks. some of my friends would tell me of their crazy flashback but i didnt believe them... as a matter of fact i didnt even believe my girlfriend. 3 years after my first dose of LSD, and well over a hundred hits since, i had the freakiest trip of my life. i was sober for about a month when one day i was racking my brain for an answer to a calculas problem in my honors chemistry class. suddenly i started freaking out, i felt my heart pumping hard and fast...at first i thought it might be a panic attack or something but after a few seconds my vision become so distorted that i couldnt hardly make out objects near or far. needless to say, at first i was really fuckin scared but after a few more seconds i tried to control my breathing by taking big breaths, which was probably noticable by the whole class. anyways, after about 30 seconds of controled breathing and trying to clear out my mind i began to regain my ability to think clearly i found a way to leave to never return for the rest of class...it was over in less than fifteen minutes...i had already made it two and a half miles towards home speed walking.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics