About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-09-27, 03:15
Mister_Clean Mister_Clean is offline
Regular
 
Default MADCHEMIST READ THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading your extremely informative post on making LSD i noticed you said you grow shrooms.. Well LSD is a bit out of the question for me.. to much work for a chemist without a college degree. Ok on to my question. I have read a lot of info on growing shrooms at the shroomery.org site. But i would like to ask your advice. where do you get your spores from? what kind of grow setup do you use? How are you sterilizing youur rice cakes?? Please let me know as I would like to start a "shroom farm" a.s.a.p.
thanks,

--Clean.
 #2 
Old 2000-09-27, 21:58
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MADCHEMIST READ THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chill out dude I am here. Now, when I first started to do this, I read up on everything first, like I am doing now with the acid. Here is a good link for some cultivation info: http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml
When I first started to grow shrooms (my favorite trip by the way, I just can't get enough of he wavy rolling feeling), I ordered a kit that came with absolutely every single thing you need, from casing to substrate, for only $90 bucks (most kits are way overpriced). Here is the url for that: http://www.sporechicks.com/
This kit suggests to crumble up the mycelium cakes and case them, however I don't reccomend this for your first time, cause when I did it my first time, I didn't realize just how clean you needed to be, and 90% of my crop was destroyed by contamination.

I sterilize my jars by putting them already filled with substrate on top of a washcloth in a pot. Then I fill the pot up until the water is halfway up the sides of the jars, then boil for 30 minutes.

Like I said, read up, and read the kit instructions online (stovetop version if no pressure cooker is available) several times (if that is the way you go). I strongly reccomend the kit because it is easy for begginers, and after the first crop, all you need to buy is shit to make substrate, and vermiculite (I wash and reuse my perlite), and you have and endless supply, seeing as you can use anything from mycelium to actuall
pieces of shroom to innoculate with.

As for the college degree, you don't need one. Like I always stress, read all the info you can. That is how I learned. Sure a college degree helps, but it's not required. I take great pride in myself seeing as I am totally self taught (it all started when my parents bought me a chem set many years ago). How old do you think I am?


[This message has been edited by madchemist (edited 09-27-2000).]
 #3 
Old 2000-09-28, 00:14
Mister_Clean Mister_Clean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MADCHEMIST READ THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would assume that you are in high school..
but thats just me... Thanks for the link and if your acid is successful let me know...

Clean..
 #4 
Old 2000-10-05, 18:17
Dyler_Turden Dyler_Turden is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MADCHEMIST READ THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.drooldonkey.org

They'll answer all you shroom Q's and someone there might be kind enough give you a syringe or a print!

If you wanna be a true chem hack pick up a copy of "Vogel's"

[This message has been edited by Dyler_Turden (edited 10-05-2000).]
 #5 
Old 2000-10-06, 04:38
Mister_Clean Mister_Clean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: MADCHEMIST READ THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks you dave! even though we aint gettin along... thanks fer da help

Clean.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics