About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Better Living Through Chemistry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Living Through Chemistry Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2000-09-25, 06:39
kpjr kpjr is offline
Regular
 
Default Simple Chemistry Questions (Help?)

Okay, I am a begginner at this so bare with me. Thanx. First question:

When a recipe says to suspend a chemical in another chemical, is it merely suggesting that I mix one substance with the other? (ie. the residue suspended in 2400ml of H20? This would mean what?)

#2. When a recipe calls for a gram weight of a liquid, does that just mean you have to put the liquid into a beaker or what not, and weigh out the correct amount? (ie. 34 grams of 30% Hydrogen Peroxide)

#3. Does anyone have any simple ways or links on how to make isosafrole from safrole?

I know these questions may seem a little simple, but it is something I have to know, so if you have the knowledge, pass it on. Thanx, to anyone who replies.

You have to put up with the rain, if ya wanna see the rainbow.
 #2 
Old 2000-09-25, 06:56
Mister_Clean Mister_Clean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Simple Chemistry Questions (Help?)

quote:
When a recipe says to suspend a chemical in another chemical, is it merely suggesting that I mix one substance with the other? (ie. the residue suspended in 2400ml of H20? This would mean what?)


It means the shit will be suspended in the other chemical like in your example you i am guessing you will mix 2 chemicals together and you will see a residue (percipitate) in the h2o

quote:
#2. When a recipe calls for a gram weight of a liquid, does that just mean you have to put the liquid into a beaker or what not, and weigh out the correct amount? (ie. 34 grams of 30% Hydrogen Peroxide)


well you would put a container like a beaker on a scale.. tare the weight out.. then add 34 grams of your chemical.. Or if you dont have a tare function weigh the container and add that weight into the weight of the chemical...

quote:
#3. Does anyone have any simple ways or links on how to make isosafrole from safrole?


sure... http://hive.lycaeum.org

hope this helps,
Clean.


 #3 
Old 2000-09-25, 16:11
raverz_choice raverz_choice is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Simple Chemistry Questions (Help?)

what are you trying to make my confused little friend?
 #4 
Old 2000-09-27, 03:10
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Simple Chemistry Questions (Help?)

Sounds like the phikal synthesis #109 for ecstacy to me, am i correct?
 #5 
Old 2000-09-27, 17:00
kpjr kpjr is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Simple Chemistry Questions (Help?)

Well, thanx for the help Mister Clean. I know they were, well...not the most experienced questions, but I had to make certain. As for PHIKAL #109....you're correct. Thanx again, guys. I'm sure I will be back with more educational questions.
 #6 
Old 2000-09-27, 17:13
kpjr kpjr is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Simple Chemistry Questions (Help?)

Sorry, guys...I do have one more question?

In this sythesis that I am attempting, at one point it asks for that a mixture be heated on a steam bath for 3 hrs. I do not have a steam bath so what other alternatives could I use?

Also, is PHIKAL a highly recommended recipe?

As always, thanx.
 #7 
Old 2000-09-29, 14:56
Synthorcist Synthorcist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Simple Chemistry Questions (Help?)

Pihkal 109 is not really any good unless you've got a fully equiped lab and your an experienced chemist. As Shuglin has/is...
 #8 
Old 2000-09-29, 18:58
Mister_Clean Mister_Clean is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Simple Chemistry Questions (Help?)

This is what happens when we have two topics with the same question..
here http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum5/HTML/000424.html


clean,.

[This message has been edited by Mister_Clean (edited 09-29-2000).]
 #9 
Old 2000-10-02, 04:27
TheOtherSide TheOtherSide is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Simple Chemistry Questions (Help?)

Easy way to make a steam bath: Take a large pot. Put so much water in it. Take a smaller pot (preferably one make of glass) and put it inside the bigger one but not letting it make contact with the water. You might need to place a few objects inside the first pot so the second one can sit over top of the water.
 #10 
Old 2000-10-03, 09:42
King Mob King Mob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Simple Chemistry Questions (Help?)

I recomend this method. Much simpiler for the beginning chemist. http://rhodium.lycaeum.org/chemistry/mdmasyn.txt
 #11 
Old 2000-10-03, 17:14
madchemist madchemist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Simple Chemistry Questions (Help?)

Hey king_mob, isn't that whats in the phikal synthesis, the Al amalgum?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics