About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Sex and Affection
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-02-01, 02:21
MonoxIde MonoxIde is offline
Regular
 
Default valentines day is crap

man this holiday is fuckin dumb, all u do is go out spend money on someone of the oppisite sex and hope not to get a shot down. when u could do this any day of the fuckin week w/o spending any money. and if u r wit someone its kinda cool but u still end buying diamonds or other jewlery and end up gettin dumped a month later.

pain is love
be happy but never satisfyed
 #2 
Old 2003-02-01, 02:31
ebeneezer goode ebeneezer goode is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: valentines day is crap

true true, but if you miss it you'll be in the shit
 #3 
Old 2003-02-01, 03:04
Ceiv Ceiv is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: valentines day is crap

yes, but don't forget to stay away from the predictable stuff....jewelery, suffies, flowers, etc...altho i am gonna get my gf a stuffie, but that's only cuz she love sylvester and tweety...
 #4 
Old 2003-02-01, 08:20
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: valentines day is crap

quote:
Originally posted by ebeneezer goode:
true true, but if you miss it you'll be in the shit


I think that's the point. It's an inane holiday, derived for moneymaking purposes only. Why should I feel compelled to buy my girl something around the 14th of February? Answer: I shouldn't. In fact, the more holidays there are, the less inclined anyone will be to buy/do/get something during non-holiday seasons, which is when such an act will have real meaning behind it.

But people don't buy shit anymore if there's no holiday propaganda saying they have to do it. Thus, the businesses need this.. thus it'll never end.
 #5 
Old 2003-02-01, 13:03
swfbison swfbison is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: valentines day is crap

me and my girlfriend, have decided to add valentines day to are birthday persents
 #6 
Old 2003-02-01, 14:01
Chunkmiester Chunkmiester is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: valentines day is crap

I don't see what's wrong with being spurious and buying your partner gifts on the hoof. Why do we have to narrow it down to certain, otherwise meaningless, days of the year?

[/Chunk]
 #7 
Old 2003-02-01, 19:01
Pythagorus1 Pythagorus1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: valentines day is crap

Yeah it is pretty much bullshit. I thinks valentines day has been way too fucking publisized and it used to be just for you and who your with. And I got dumped on it a couple years back so thats why I hate valentines day so much and if I am with someone I dont get them shit and I tell them I wont and why but they still get me shit even though i told them not to.
 #8 
Old 2003-02-01, 19:06
Regular
 
Mission Viejo CA USA
Default Re: valentines day is crap

one time, i ALMOST missed valentine's day with my gf

that was bad. very bad.

SJ
 #9 
Old 2003-02-01, 22:25
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: valentines day is crap

why would you buy your partner anything at all? unless shes your gold digging money slut then there is no reason to buy gifts period. i would just write a song or poem, not because im sincere or its creative but because its cheaper.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics