About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Sex and Affection
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-24, 17:59
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Game Playing Girlies and Guys

I hate it. Don't fucking play games with people. Yeah, so what if it's easier to play games with someone than to be honest with them, you're still going to end up hurting them or yourself in the end.

I admit, I feel the urge to play people sometimes, after all, it IS easy.. but it's just not right. I honestly loathe women who do that, especially if they choose to do it to my friends, that's what really pisses me off.

I know it's a vain hope, but I'm asking all of you who read this to consider dropping whatever games you like to play. Call when you say you will, show up when you say you will, tell someone honestly how you feel about them, whether it's good or bad. Don't lead them on, either way. Don't try and make your partner jealous, just TELL them when they're not doing something you want or need. If they fail to live up to that, that's their problem, at least they won't be left in some obscure guessing game where noone really knows what the right answer is.

It's not easy to be totally honest with people, of course not. It makes you vulnerable, it can be scary, it can take a hell of a lot of guts.. But if you're honest with whoever you're with, and they're honest with you, you'd be surprised how close your relationship becomes.. I'm not even talking about just telling someone how you feel, I'm talking about telling them the things you're scared to tell anyone at all. Being trusted as someone's confidant is an amazing feeling, but it's one you're never going to experience if all you do is play games.

Live in the real world, treat people well, treat them with respect, trust, honesty and love, and you might just be surprised at what happens..

If you stop playing games now, then that'll help the people around you stop playing games too, and hey, maybe we'll all live in an ideal world where noone has to suffer the stupid bullshit games anymore, and it'll all have started here..

Just think about it..

Have a fun weekend kiddies, I'll probably not be around much this weekend, I'll be off doing the things I just talked about.. being honest with the person I'm with and having a damn fine time doing it.

 #2 
Old 2003-01-24, 19:27
Moderator
 
Default Re: Game Playing Girlies and Guys

but it�s fun when they want to tell you they�re sorry, you reply that nobody fucks you this way twice and they realize how much they love you and puke ...
 #3 
Old 2003-01-24, 23:34
dirtymexican dirtymexican is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Game Playing Girlies and Guys

bout damn time someone came out and said that. thats exactly how i feel too. i hate games, even though they are fun every so often, its just not right to do to someone.


Dm
 #4 
Old 2003-01-24, 23:39
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: Game Playing Girlies and Guys

What angers me is being blamed with leading a girl on when I had been nothing but honest with her.
 #5 
Old 2003-01-25, 00:05
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Game Playing Girlies and Guys

You got that right xenosss, plus winter makes alot of good points, I try to be honest, but I too get blamed for leading people on, especially when my feelings change and im honest about it
 #6 
Old 2003-01-25, 02:09
Fascistsmasher Fascistsmasher is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Game Playing Girlies and Guys

What really pisses me off are magazines like cosmo ect. telling girls to play games to keep the guy in their life make the relationship stronger ect. A girl tried this on me once and i just said "fuck you" and walked away.
 #7 
Old 2003-01-25, 02:20
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Game Playing Girlies and Guys

Guys magazines do that too, and it all has one thing in common- you have to do it the right way for it to work. People read that shit and take it as a guidebook for making somebody "yours". That only works on the dumbest fucks. Done right, it all adds up to the same shit you see here, only spiced up in a certain way for the segment of the population who reads it (ie. a Maxim article about making a girl want you often doesn't significantly vary from someone here saying "don't be a doormat"; the differences lie in that it's being written for men who think in terms of "I wanna fuck that bitch!").
 #8 
Old 2003-01-25, 03:35
aya_no_koibito aya_no_koibito is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Game Playing Girlies and Guys

Yea..I used to play games. Until people started to play games on me, then I'm just like..blegh fuck games, I hate em. Just suck it in, unless its serious. That's all I gotaa say.
 #9 
Old 2003-01-25, 05:00
anemic slug anemic slug is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Game Playing Girlies and Guys

yer games suck like shit i just broke up with my girlfriend of seven months and i am still finding shit out about her and its not pretty it fucking hurts and i fucking hate her more than any thing. if you think that its ok to play games it WILL turn around and fuck you back.
just my $0.02
 #10 
Old 2003-01-25, 06:52
Maligo_Malus Maligo_Malus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Game Playing Girlies and Guys

I agree, games are a complete waste of time. PLUS, nothing aggravates you more than someone that is not honest with you. Grrrrr
 #11 
Old 2003-01-25, 07:56
Liquid-Science Liquid-Science is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Game Playing Girlies and Guys

For some reason

Knowing you have mind control over someone makes you feel so good...almost God like
 #12 
Old 2003-01-25, 19:43
Regular
 
US
Default Re: Game Playing Girlies and Guys

a lot of good points, wintermute.

And liquid science, that feeling is an illusion. Having people trust you and actually be honest feels a lot better than being over someone.

I hate mind games, I never played them, never will. If I even tried, I wouldn't be good at it. I don't even wanna try. If a girl starts to like me, and I don't like her, I try to just turn my emotions off to make myself seem dull, and if they still blindly think they are "falling in love" with me, then I'll probably just tell them straight out "I don't think we'd be good in a relationship together, sorry"...


thats it. No mind games, no drama.

No bullshit.
 #13 
Old 2003-01-25, 19:55
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Game Playing Girlies and Guys

Honesty and trust are concrete foundations. Games and mind control are a quickly-built house of cards. Which one do you think will fall fastest?

Truthfully, I've always had a feeling that people who play games and put that effort into keeping their charades afloat only do so because they have nothing better to do with their time. That mental energy could be put to much better use, so if you're the playing type, get a fucking life. Even though you might be the most selfish fuck on the planet, it's hurting you in the long run. Surely you must care about *that*.
 #14 
Old 2003-01-25, 21:29
Moderator
 
Default Re: Game Playing Girlies and Guys

quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy McBang:
people who play games and put that effort into keeping their charades afloat only do so because they have nothing better to do with their time


they are the weakest shit on earth, everything they do is just to protect themselves.

 #15 
Old 2003-01-26, 02:48
Alykorn Alykorn is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Game Playing Girlies and Guys

I used to hang out with some people that played mind games with each other and were open about doing it. They were trying to make other people mentally crack. They got together and played thier games on me when I was too young to relise(sp?) what they were doing. I ended up getting scarred emotionally and mentally so bad that I have some pretty bad mental problems from it. I don't get close to people at all anymore, as some people put it 'i have an attitude that I am untouchable' I hate being hurt and I end up hurting people that are close to me because when i relaise they are close to me I shut down and push them away.It's a defense that i unconsciously do to protect myself now. Hence I am alone most of the time.
Mind games suck and i wish I could get my hands on the people that did them to me.
 #16 
Old 2003-01-26, 10:34
NGNeer NGNeer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Game Playing Girlies and Guys

Mind-Games belong in books for people who want to build up cognitive reasoning skills. They have no place in relationships.

And Wintermute's right, it does make you feel good to be someone's confidant.
 #17 
Old 2003-02-02, 08:13
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Game Playing Girlies and Guys

Ya know Suze, if it wasn't for the fact that I have a girlfriend, we would probably go well together. Except for the fact that I'm a loser that is.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics