About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Sex and Affection
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-22, 14:08
Liquid-Science Liquid-Science is offline
Regular
 
Default Which is worse

to get led on a bit or completely shot down?

I say getting shot down...that pisses me off I'd rather get led on to save some ego or whatever
 #2 
Old 2003-01-22, 14:28
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Which is worse

I think leading people on is worse than shooting them down..

At least if you shoot them down early, you don't let them hang onto that ridiculous hope- and they can get over you before they're really into you.
 #3 
Old 2003-01-22, 16:21
LutherX LutherX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Which is worse

I agree with Winter, getting led on is worse.

If I'm on a date with some chick and she doesn't like me, I'd rather she just say so.
Otherwise she's wasting my time and money.

Sure getting shot down is a blow to the ego but so what? You'll recover.

 #4 
Old 2003-01-22, 17:59
runaway runaway is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Which is worse

I was led on by this girl for about 14 months....Geez, she's the type of person who's never honest about her feelings, and won't tell you the truth about what she thinks of you so you wont get hurt...
But IMHO, it hurts more when you get your hopes up, and then get rejected, than to just get rejected.
Always be honest with your feelings, even if it will hurt the other person. It just hurts more otherwise.
 #5 
Old 2003-01-22, 20:50
Idak Idak is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Which is worse

I, just recently was led on by a girl until I demanded that she just tell me wether or not she liked me...

Both suck, but I'd rather be shot down then led on...
 #6 
Old 2003-01-23, 01:50
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Which is worse

I'd say getting shot down is better, but it'd only be in theory.
 #7 
Old 2003-01-23, 02:43
Syntex Syntex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Which is worse

It depends on the person in my opinion. But I would have to agree, being shot down is indeed way better then being led on ...as that isn't honesty, hehe.


SYNTEX
 #8 
Old 2003-01-23, 03:31
methangel83 methangel83 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Which is worse

i think that getting led on is b/c you get your hopes up and then led to a plummiting crash. far more worse than being shot down at the start
 #9 
Old 2003-01-26, 10:24
NGNeer NGNeer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Which is worse

Being led on is worse. I prefer to just have a straightforward "Forget it".

I mean, I've been shocked, cut, scraped, stabbed, burned, frozen, punched in the face, kicked in the gut, kicked in the nuts, poked in the eyes... what's a hit to the ego or two?
 #10 
Old 2003-01-26, 17:46
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Which is worse

i would much rather just get shot down. there is nothing that makes me more angry than when someone leads another person on. the reality is that no one leads a person on to be nice, the do it as a back up plan. and generally they do not need to use the back up plan.
 #11 
Old 2003-02-02, 08:19
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Which is worse

As someone who was shot down consistantly sinse he developed an interest in the opposite sex, it would have been nice to be led on once in a while. At least then you can have just a breif glimmer of hope.
 #12 
Old 2003-02-03, 10:35
Moderator
 
Wasilla, Alaska
Default Re: Which is worse

Honesty is better than dishonesty. Unless of course, you are a lawyer, a politician, a car mechanic, a salesman, a writer, a husband. . . . .(If my wife sees this, I'm just kidding, honey, put down the .357.)
 #13 
Old 2003-02-03, 18:57
Nyk Nyk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Which is worse

People who won't tell you how they really feel about you aren't sparing your feelings, they're sparing theirs.

See, they don't want to feel bad about themselves by making you feel bad, so they avoid it.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics