About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Sex and Affection
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2003-01-05, 00:16
Ka Ka is offline
Regular
 
Default HELP!!!

I need some advice on a relationship issue. I met a girl about seven months ago whilst on holiday for two and a half months where my mom lives. I ususally go their every summer, and I vaguely knew her before. Anyway, we hit of really quickly and we spent a lot of time together and spent hours on the phone late at night.We were madly in love and we decided to make a comitment by having our names tattooed on one another (and we also got engaged).

Now I have not seen her for about 4 or 5 months and I have really gone off of her. Reason being that before I just liked her for what she looked like, but as a person she is just so...normal and I am really not into this long distance thing. She thinks we are gonna be together forever, but I wanna end it. But then again I always have second thoughts because I think I will regret it. We speak on the phone two or three times a week and the long distance calls are killing my finances (but i feel obliged to call).BTW we are both 16.

Any advice?
 #2 
Old 2003-01-05, 00:30
ebeneezer goode ebeneezer goode is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HELP!!!

HAHA
i'm not laughing at you but when i was 19 i tatooed my girlfriend's initials on my arm and i've spent the last eight years explaining to every girl that i sleep with what the letters mean.
what's even worse is we really don't get along now ( i moved on while she still lives in the same town and works at a betting shop haha).
you've spent so long apart now that to break up really won't hurt that much, so my advice is if you want to end it then just say that it's not working out for you and you want your freedom. you want to move on.
if she starts getting emotional stay firm but don't insult her, she's gonna feel bad enough.
truth is, if you haven't seen each other for five months then she will probably understand.
if - god forbid - she takes it really bad and threatens to kill herself firmly tell her not to be so stupid, tell her you are putting the phone down and hang up. if she calls you back tell her again it's over and you have nothing to say and hang up again.
i've had girls say this to me and not one has carried it through.
before any of this however you have to sit down by yourself and have a good think whether you do want to end it.
break a leg
 #3 
Old 2003-01-05, 00:36
realeyesrealize realeyesrealize is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HELP!!!

You became engaged at 16?
 #4 
Old 2003-01-05, 00:39
Ka Ka is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HELP!!!

...tell me about it
 #5 
Old 2003-01-05, 00:41
ltleshedevil ltleshedevil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HELP!!!

1.your 16! lets just remind everyone of that.
2. it may seem sweet right now but there is no way in hell either of you are ready for a serious commitment

enjoy your youth kid. and i know your thinking "aww i dont want to hurt her. she is the coolest" get over it....being in "love" for the first time always seems great but lets be real, do you really see yourself with this chick in 5, 10, 20 yrs? or a lifetime? do you even know what you want to do in the next 2 years? i bet not...i am 19 and i still have no clue what i am doing. go through some women like candy. then you will be able to tell what you really want. its like shopping at a gas station after you pump your gas....after a while you already know exactly what you want...a cup of coffee and a snickers bar. (thats just me...could be different for others). but im sure you dont want to be stuck with that mr goodbar after you made a wrong purchase.
 #6 
Old 2003-01-05, 00:45
ebeneezer goode ebeneezer goode is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HELP!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ltleshedevil:
1.your 16! lets just remind everyone of that.
2. it may seem sweet right now but there is no way in hell either of you are ready for a serious commitment

enjoy your youth kid. and i know your thinking "aww i dont want to hurt her. she is the coolest" get over it....being in "love" for the first time always seems great but lets be real, do you really see yourself with this chick in 5, 10, 20 yrs? or a lifetime? do you even know what you want to do in the next 2 years? i bet not...i am 19 and i still have no clue what i am doing. go through some women like candy. then you will be able to tell what you really want. its like shopping at a gas station after you pump your gas....after a while you already know exactly what you want...a cup of coffee and a snickers bar. (thats just me...could be different for others). but im sure you dont want to be stuck with that mr goodbar after you made a wrong purchase.



i'm sorry, the gas station thing just doesn't make sense.
obviously an analogy, but still nonsense
 #7 
Old 2003-01-05, 00:46
Ka Ka is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HELP!!!

I would end it but, when i think about that some things come to mind like, once we were talking about aids and I asked her what she would do if I caught it.
She told me she would tell me to give it to her and we would both die together (she looked real serious). Plus I knew her father before I knew her, and hes like a family friend, and about two months ago he found out about everything, and the worst thing is he is cool about it

[This message has been edited by Ka (edited 01-05-2003).]
 #8 
Old 2003-01-05, 00:50
96vickersc 96vickersc is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HELP!!!

I dunno. Some first loves can work. I still really love the first girl I fell in love with. I would have spent my whole life with her. We had a small argument and split up. I was too pig headed to admit I was wrong. Still think about her at night when I fall asleep. My new girlfriend would kill me if she read that. *cries*

Oops I guess it didnt work....

Chris
 #9 
Old 2003-01-05, 00:55
ltleshedevil ltleshedevil is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HELP!!!

yah i just read over that for the second time and i dont make much sence.
let me see if i could put it in better words
-after dating for a while you will know what you really want.

i have a insane sweet tooth that i happen to feed into at all costs. so pretty much i am saying that everyone has a favorite kind of candy but if you never try them all how will you really know what kind is your actual favorite?
does this make nemore sence or am i still talking jibberish?
and she says that she would hope that you gave her aids so you can die together....it sounds like she glorifies romeo and juliet or just doesnt value her life. and at 16 most people just think that they will never die and nothing bad will ever come of it therefore its easier to say that she would jsut rather die with you because she doesnt actual fathom the idea it could really happen. (total run-on sorry guys)

chances are she probably already gave you aids first so dump her.
 #10 
Old 2003-01-05, 01:14
A-F Army A-F Army is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HELP!!!

Moral of the story:

Instead of tatooing her actually name, just tatoo "your name." That way you can tell everyone I got your name on my ass. (Arm, leg, back...whatever.)
 #11 
Old 2003-01-05, 01:42
LebaneseFighter LebaneseFighter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HELP!!!

You pickheaded shitstack redneck. Don't you have any aspirations or plans for the future? Engaging at 16? I hope your not serious...when did you plan on getting married? 17? 18? How are you going to go to college?

And the final blow...you got her initals tatooted on you...now your branded, your her bitch, and its going to be hard to break up with her, and when you do, your going to have to explain to everyone what those initals mean, which will make it hard for you to have a stable relationship later.

Engaging a girl you met in your teenage years must be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. This story is worthy of being heard on Jerry Springer, like the one with two 9 year olds that got married.

Your stupidity will cost you dearly later on.
 #12 
Old 2003-01-05, 01:45
ebeneezer goode ebeneezer goode is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HELP!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ltleshedevil:
yah i just read over that for the second time and i dont make much sence.
let me see if i could put it in better words
-after dating for a while you will know what you really want.

i have a insane sweet tooth that i happen to feed into at all costs. so pretty much i am saying that everyone has a favorite kind of candy but if you never try them all how will you really know what kind is your actual favorite?
does this make nemore sence or am i still talking jibberish?
and she says that she would hope that you gave her aids so you can die together....it sounds like she glorifies romeo and juliet or just doesnt value her life. and at 16 most people just think that they will never die and nothing bad will ever come of it therefore its easier to say that she would jsut rather die with you because she doesnt actual fathom the idea it could really happen. (total run-on sorry guys)

chances are she probably already gave you aids first so dump her.



i see what you mean now. good point.

quote:
Originally posted by A-F Army:
Moral of the story:

Instead of tatooing her actually name, just tatoo "your name." That way you can tell everyone I got your name on my ass. (Arm, leg, back...whatever.)



that's the funniest thing i've read all minute
 #13 
Old 2003-01-05, 06:36
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: HELP!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Ka:
Plus I knew her father before I knew her, and hes like a family friend, and about two months ago he found out about everything, and the worst thing is he is cool about it


Still waiting for the other shoe to drop?
 #14 
Old 2003-01-05, 08:36
Iscariot Iscariot is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HELP!!!

This is fucking hilarious.
 #15 
Old 2003-01-05, 08:50
Regular
 
Default Re: HELP!!!

ahahahahahah wtf, i wouldn't put a tat on me with a chick im involved with when im 16, get a really good wash off one that looks real and tell her not to touch it becoz u just got it and it hurts, then once u gfet the pussy rub off..
 #16 
Old 2003-01-05, 16:33
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HELP!!!

You think it's gonna be hard to end things now.. contemplate how much harder it'll be to do that in six months or a year. If it's not right, cut it short. The longer it goes, the more a part of each other's lives you naturally become, and the more difficult it is to extract yourself from the situation.

I don't like breaking up with anyone either. I don't like to hurt feelings. I'm not heartless, I understand what you mean by all that, but consider that the pain is only going to increase later on. You want to cause her minimal pain, and you're sure it's over? Do it now.
 #17 
Old 2003-01-05, 20:46
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: HELP!!!

Why do people think it's a good idea EVER to tattoo someone's name on you?

The only exceptions are family, like parents, children, etc.. friends who died..

Tattooing a lover's name anywhere on you is almost certain to fuck things up.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics