About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > Vices > Sex and Affection
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sex and Affection Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-12-31, 16:43
Black_Chi Black_Chi is offline
Regular
 
Default Mix Tape for your Signifigant Other

Well here I am sitting infront of the computer creating a CD for my girlfriend to give to her tonight. We have very different tastes in music and im trying to give her an Indy flavor to her music. Anyways I was wondering what others would put on a mix for their signifgant other. Lets say you have between 10 and 20 songs to do this in. Post your list .

Ill post mine when i finish. Making a mix is a very delicate art. It can't be rushed.
 #2 
Old 2002-12-31, 19:47
FuckThePope FuckThePope is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mix Tape for your Signifigant Other

what the fuck are with people and mix tapes?

everywhere were there a conversation about dating or sex in a magazine or tv or whereever.. mix tapes come up...

whats the deal?
 #3 
Old 2002-12-31, 19:58
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: Mix Tape for your Signifigant Other

I'm going to assume that by Indy you mean independent and not Indian.. so (in no order):

All American Rejects - Swing Swing
Jack Johnson - Flake
Phish - Heavy Things
The Sweathogs - Smile, Chuter, Smile
The Sweathogs - Do You Remember
The Slackers - Married Girl
Pavement - Gold Soundz
Jude - Rick James
Merrymakers - April's Fool
Merrymakers - Monkey in the Middle
Actual Tigers - Bad Day
Jets to Brazil - Air Traffic Control
Orange Peels - West Coast Rain
Fur Packed Action - Employee of the Month
Spoon - Metal Detektor
Stereophonics - Have a Nice Day

There are many other good bands (Cake, Fountains of Wayne, Beulah, Belle and Sebastian, etc.) to choose from. Maybe you should have started sooner. Think about what she likes and what you want the CD to say.
 #4 
Old 2003-01-01, 00:45
Black_Chi Black_Chi is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Mix Tape for your Signifigant Other

Doh! I made the CD, gave it to her (like 2 houra ago) and forgot to save the playlist!

I can remember some of the stuff on there:

Belle and Sebastian
Nick Drake
VNV Nation
Elliott Smith
June of 44
The Microphones
and a smiggin of Radiohead

It was a pretty good mix all and all. The one thing I dislike about making mix tapes is that sometimes the mix starts to be come less about what I think she'll like and more about what I like :P. Go figure.

FuckThePope: Mix tapes are an easy and inexpensive gift to a girl or guy. Songs help express emotions, make people feel a certain way, and help people say things that they couldn't usually sometimes. Personally, I want to get my girlfriend intrested in some more Indy (yes as independent) music. I also wanted to give her a gift to start the New Year off with. Try it some time.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics